Old 11-14-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

2 hours to go until I can stop writing code and editing content, and helping users with tech support....hoping they go by quick! Been soooo busy with this growing company the past month.

One thing that stinks about living in a somewhat "tourist-town" is that I see lots of tourists enjoying their vacation time, while I am working! I also have a few retirees in my complex - I am watching the couple across the lawn completely assemble their terrace with plants, chairs, water, even hooking up hoses: stuff that's taken me months to achieve. I also notice that all of the other pre-furnished homes in my complex have nicer furniture than mine. Why did I get stuck with the wicker chairs when everyone else got plush?

But there's a lesson here: that's the alcoholic in me! Looking at other people's situations and being envious. Worrying (literally) about someone else's back yard. Thinking about how life's not fair is part of what led me down this tunnel in the first place. I'm sure you guys have seen some of my pics - I've got a great view of my own and that's what I should concentrate on!

Okay, back to work. Going to have a late lunch at my desk and enjoy a relaxing movie tonight after coffee and dinner. Chat later!