Notices

Iam dying and iam rich....

Old 09-01-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lionhearted, the last two years before I stopped drinking were my best years financially. I was making a lot money, but as the money increased, so did my drinking. I spent a fair amount of that money on drinking, drugging and living large. And I also spent a lot of that money on buying my way out of the consequences of my drinking.

But it was an empty lifestyle, and I was miserable and extremely unhappy. And it was only a matter of time until the consequences would become too great that no amount of money would save me. And besides, money can never buy self-respect, and mine was on life-support.

There was only one solution; I had to stop drinking, and I did. I stumbled many times before I was able to rack up some significant sober time, but I didn't give up.

You appear to have the resources to seek quality help. My advice is to use those resources and invest in yourself. I guarantee the return on your investment will be worth it.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I knew someone like you. He was very wealthy - owned his own business. He was a "functioning" alcoholic for most of his life. He died on his couch at work. Sad.

When I was in the hospital not knowing if I would live or die all I could think about was at least my wife and kids will have enough money after I am gone. Funny, I felt numb at that time which is what the alcohol did to my brain. I didn't give a damn about anything. Choosing to be sober in my case wasn't too difficult of a decision to make because the Doctor told me if I drink again I will die. No rehab or AA for me - I choose to live.

You sound like a tough guy who had a rough childhood. You probably don't take crap from anyone and no one can tell you what to do. Then why would you allow alcohol to take control and ruin your health? Being sober isn't so bad.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

End-Stage death isn't pretty no matter how big your house.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

If I was rich I would gladly go to rehab, and I would pick a center were it's warm, sunny, and I would invest myself in my recovery.

I'm invested in my recovery but I have to make my son's lunch tomorow, run the his first day of school, then run back to the office snd get pounded with emails, then finish work in a hurry to pickup my son from school, then come home make dinner, check out his homework, help him with his bath, go to bed, repeat untill tired, and when tired, no chance in hell for me to rest. Between all this I read my big book, post on SR and work on my recovery.

Voila!
Old 09-01-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

An alcoholic death is terrible indeed. I'm not sure what to say to you except that if you don't stop you are going to get to the point that all the money in the world won't save you.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I worked in a funeral home awhile back. It struck me when I was asked to hold a box that was maybe 6x8 and about 2 inches high. It Could fit in my mailbox. I peeked inside when no one was looking. I realized I was holding someone's ashes. I was holding a person in my hands that is no more.

I looked at others over time because I wanted to see if there was anything different between them. Nope. All the same. All fit in the same box. No different.

I don't drink today because I decided I won't be in a box any sooner than I have to be. And when I do get there I don't expect to be any different than anyone else.

Giving up is not an option for me. No amount of money could buy the sober days I have today.

I wish you well.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well they do say you can tell an active alcoholic is lying when his mouth is open so I will call BS on you schtick. I know many wealthy individuals but not too many that come on sober websites and brag about their money. I bet you will get more headway with your story at the local pub than a sober website.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Thank you all.... Sorry for the under the influence thread... You lot are amazing. To the members who think I would lie about being living in london and wealthy, send me a pm I'll show me cars alcoholic ego...

And also show you how money don't give a **** about me I might aswell be in the ground...

Thank you all.. X
Old 09-01-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

as far as someone at the top of their 'game' in life, career wise. My father was a drunk, and he was instrumental in IBM's 1960's 70's when they were really becoming something to be noticed, respected. He'd get calls from around the world, day and night. At the time, there were only 7 CE's in the world and he was one of them. My mother would drive us to the airport sometimes just to see him change planes. Money has nothing to do with alcohol. (well, I guess in your choice of booze, money means something) Just like it has nothing to do with being charming, or a thief, or pretty. And you must want help, you came here. Do you consider a real alcoholic, a woman who drinks to excess while driving her children in the car? a mother who screams at her children because they were simply asked for breakfast? a mother who would go to have lunch with her children all under 9, at school, with booze in water bottles. I've yet to see someone on here who isn't an alcoholic, unless they've stated it and were looking for help for a loved one. Are there levels of drunk? perhaps. But we are all one side of the same coin.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
Thank you all.... Sorry for the under the influence thread... You lot are amazing. To the members who think I would lie about being living in london and wealthy, send me a pm I'll show me cars alcoholic ego...

And also show you how money don't give a **** about me I might aswell be in the ground...

Thank you all.. X
Honestly Lion, I don't care if you're Richard Branson rich or on-the-street poor, so no need to send pictures. But I do care about your well being, and I hope you can find a way to resolve your dilemma with alcohol.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I never ran out of money either. I could drink all I wanted to. I think that's worse in some ways.
So you just have one thing to decide. If you want to live or die.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you decide to do something and turn things around LH.

I defined myself by my drinking...then I didn't.

I like this me a lot more

D
Old 09-01-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mfanch View Post
Hey, are you a high earning high functioning alcoholic philanthropist? If so, you can help by paying my 45K school loan. It will make you feel better. And I can go back to school to learn a new occupation!

I was in anesthesia, making more money than I could possibly spend. Then I effed it all up. I am unemployable in my field now and my income, well, it went down.

Thanks!!!
If it would make you feel better, if ever I need to it, you can knock me out. I will trust you fully!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

I have a 4 year old she's in Spain ; she starts school on the 15th my life has become so small I just pay and then drink... She even says daddy you got loads of money... Soon she will see the truth iam an alcoholic! That hurts. Me!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm not rich, im genuine, struggling and trying my hardest (most of the time). The rest of the time I am weak enough to let life consume me. This isn't a game, this is my future, my health, my life & even then I still want & sometimes give in to drink. Why? Because it's what I do, it's what I know, it's what I need. And I know enough to know that 'this' can't be 'it'.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

People will not remember me for the money I do or do not have. They will remember me for who I was and what I did.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Still drinking and still making money hand over fist, the funny thing is people say you can't be rich and an active alcoholic.. Come see my life!!
The money keeps me in denial, the resources keep me drinking.... Could go best rehab for as long as i won't or therapy... But don't...

I suppose iam going to die, and I welcome death! Iam that sick off this ****!!!! I know the 12 steppers are gunna pipe up and tell me I ain't hit bottom etc etc.

I know I sound like a rich man moaning, the truth is I come from the streets and I had a monster step dad. I love my mum but hate her for letting us live like that....

Rant over... Probably gunna get heavy drinkers commenting as I feel this place has more non alcoholics than the real deals.... But anyways!

Rant over. To the real deals... Your more amazing than you know.
Good luck to ya. That's all I got.

Bunnez
Old 09-01-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Real deal? Hmmmmmm................money doesn't make you rich, loving yourself and others does. I was/ still am (but no longer drink) an alcoholic and a high functioning one, with ace job and enough money for me but not rich in Monterey sense. If I was you, I would use your money wisely and try and save your life, for your daughters sake if not your own. Money doesn't buy happiness. As for cars, I think, as a car fan, I have owned all but one of my dream cars. If you can get credit, you can have what you want now a days, it's called debt. Not sure why you think you have to prove yourself to a bunch of folk you don't know. Get some help and look after yourself. Hope you make the right choice, you will get support on here if you really want it. Take care
Old 09-01-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Giunna close my account... Iam a 31 year old man,I smashed it financially I run a hedge fund and property management company... ...In london.

The truth is history repeats and repeats... You can't escape it. Night x
Old 09-01-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I know I sound like a rich man moaning, the truth is I come from the streets and I had a monster step dad. I love my mum but hate her for letting us live like that....
You need to deal with ^^^^^ that. Seriously. You're talkin bout it and it's still burrowed within your being giving you all kinds of grief. How long you gonna keep drowning it in the drink?

Ain't working anymore is it? You need to release that crap..give it air..let it go or yes..IT is going to kill you? And you gotta do that stuff SOBER..or it don't work.

Ever thought about finding a good therapist? Not just any ole therapist..you HAVE to find the right one...one you like, respect and resonate with. Be pickey. You got money? Book a few one hours with half a dozen and FIND ONE. I repeat...GOTTA get the right one.

The 12 step process is another way to go to deal with our inner emotional cancers..but not the only way. I would find a therapist knowledgeable in addiction. Another suggestion? Tour a whole bunch of AA meetings and find one "little" one...in NEED of members and support. Commit to THAT one. One meeting once a week if that's all you can stomach (do more if so inclined). Those are some small bites of recovery. Sound doable?

Just some ideas.