Notices

I'm back....if you'll have me....

Old 07-11-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I got drunk we stay sober

Raider, if you did what I did, you would be a 54 year old male, married to his 3rd wife with 6 cases of black velvet rye whiskey in the closet, and a drunk 28 year old daughter on the couch with her 2 daughters in the guest room.

I stopped cold turkey then, and I can feel your pain now. Suffering brings us here and I am glad you are suffering if it has got your attention.

I can't tell you how much I love you, and I am a happily married man living in recovery at age 82.

There is a power, the love of GOD(group of drunks), the kingdom is in our hearts, can you feel it?

That's the miracle of it. It just happens. Let the alcohol do its' push ups out in the parking lot or in your closet or wherever, and laugh in its' rotten face.

We've got your back.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Raider - how are you going? It saturday morning here - very chilly - but I'm off to the gym and plan to do some cooking today. Just wanted to say hi.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I live in a state that is 60% Mormon. I am not Mormon. I don't believe what Mormons believe. Just like a dozen other religions. Anyway, I'm am curious to experience this meeting. I wonder what the make up of religions will be. And how or if it effects the meeting. Just curious.
Hey Raider - this made me think of my trip to St. George's Utah back in the mid 80's with my H to visit his Uncle. I was beginning to drink every day back then, not so much as later, but early stages. Long trip from Vegas in the car and I was desperate for some alcohol. We finally picked up a 6 pack of beer for the outrageous price (then) of 12 dollars. Put it in the trunk and continued on to his Uncle's. Got there, said all our hellos, and I went out to get my beer. All the bottles had exploded in the trunk in the heat . We subsequently visited Zion, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon. My exploded beer is still one of my most vivid memories of that trip.

Hope the meeting works out for you.