Notices

I'm back....if you'll have me....

Old 07-08-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome back and kudos for the decision to not continue drinking last night.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

"Poured a second. Thought hard about it. Do I want it? Why am I drinking it? How is this going to end? Do I really want to go through that sweaty awful Withdrawl? NO! I poured it out. This is new for me."

this makes me happy... thanks for the smile pam! prayed an prayed...

love the fuzz!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

good job Raider! welcome back sister!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path. (this is one of the many quotes I have taken from SR and put into my sobriety journal)

Pam, I know that you have great character or you would not have come back after last night's barrage and outburst. Tonight, I am going to book club and I am really looking forward to the discussion. I read the book last night and I loved it. Neither of these things would have likely occurred had I still been drinking. In my drinking days, I probably would have bagged reading the book last night because I would have been too buzzed to comprehend it while drowning in my wine. Then, I might have felt too hungover to go to book club tonight and then I would have reasoned since I really didn't read the book, why bother? Plus, I wouldn't want to have to drink and drive and not drinking would have been out of the question. Or, I might have gone to book club, gotten very buzzed and obnoxious and monopolized the conversation even though I hadn't even read the book. Instead, I am looking forward to having some of my questions answered about the book, and enjoying good company with a clear mind. I am excited for the good food (that I used to always bypass and head straight to the wine). Tomorrow night I have already scheduled a 2 hour yoga class for my husband and I to enjoy together and I reserved a movie my family has been wanting to see that just came out on Redbox. Since I no longer drink, I will actually stay awake for the whole movie and I will enjoy watching it with the people I love most in my life. Sober life is good. You have to make it good, though. You have to plan it, pray about it, value it and then deliciously anticipate it and experience it clearly and fully. Once you make up your mind to say good-bye to alcohol for once and for all, and to make your life a good, solid sober one, you won't want the old one back. I promise you that, Pam. Sending love and hope!
Old 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good stuff Pam.

DD..I'm kinda dying to know what the book is? My impatient little mind started bouncing up and down when I read "I read the book". What book? Does she mention it? Like seriously..that part of my brain is like a whiny toddler tugging on its mother skirt.
"
Books are something I am re-discovering in sobriety. I am currently reading "Quiet: the power of Introverts in a World that can't stop talking". WOW...I am absolutely befuddled how a motor mouth life myself can resonate with it so very, very deeply.

Great book. Highly recommend to those who have not read it. I think there is a whole lot of alcoholic introverts desperately trying to be something they just ain't...as well as Christians and AA members who simply aren't Evangelists.

Oops..again. Glad you're back Pam.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad you're back
Old 07-08-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Raider; you scared me.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Nuu, I can relate to you so much. Barbara Walters used to always ask the same question to her guests. It is, "What is the biggest misconception people have about you?" I come across to people as very extroverted, but actually I am very introverted. I get my energy from being by myself (I need a fair amount of alone time) and I LOVE to read. The book is called The Lemon Orchard by Luanne Rice. It interested me so much because it had a lot of information about illegal immigrants coming from Mexico through the deserts into the U.S. It helped me to see and understand all sides of the issue. I plan to check your recommendation out on my kindle right now.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

In the end R , there was no relief or comfort in drinking for me . I used to look at it and wonder what i was doing but still i did it ..

I might have 20 years left on this planet if i'm lucky , do i want them to be like the last 20 years ?

I look back now and wonder how i had the time to drink , life can be full and vibrant if you choose to make it so .

I hope you choose to make that your last drink , to give up completely .. life is so much easier and nicer without ever having to put yourself through wondering if it's for you or not again . Make the decision and never revise it , there is so much good life and living to enjoy in clarity , to savour .

Keep on

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-08-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good luck! I'm only on day 4 so maybe we can support eachother. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-08-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I think you're gonna LOVE it Double D.

Sorry..Pam...hijacking. You know I love ya madly.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm glad you and da Fuzz are back

"There is no failure, only early attempts at success"

(Mike Myers in "Love Guru")

So, whip up those huskys and share your new plan. . . you don't have plan yet? Well, that's a two way whip my dear
Old 07-08-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Nuu, (again sorry for the hijack, everyone), I love your quote/tag line. I used to love to read addicts' memoirs, but honestly, they are among the most boring reads on the face of the earth. What is so interesting about being constantly sh=tfaced, using the revolving doors at hospitals and not living up to your full potential? Yawn! Your quote just got added to my sobriety journal.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I bought the hungry ghost and only read a few pages. Going to crack that baby open again. Hijack my thread anytime. The info is useful to me. Just got out of the hair place. Yea!! Got rid of that damn unibrow look. Hahahahahaha. Love ya' bunches.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

So glad your back Pam.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

So good you're back Raider. You can do this. I believe you really want sobriety. Have a good recovery plan in place.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I bought the hungry ghost and only read a few pages. Going to crack that baby open again. Hijack my thread anytime. The info is useful to me. Just got out of the hair place. Yea!! Got rid of that damn unibrow look. Hahahahahaha. Love ya' bunches.
It takes a bit to get into Gabor's Hungry Ghosts. The first couple chapters really gets into street life and at first, it doesn't seem applicable...
Until it does.
I found his Classical musical addiction insights especially fascinating.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Congrats on coming back!
Old 07-08-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

You are very strong, that shows alot of character and strength. Welcome back, and thank you for your posts.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Gabor's book changed my life in term of understand addiction and propelling me to want/need to learn more. Its tough until Chapter 9 but stick with it because in Chapter 9, whoa, look out he turns it around.

Try The Power of Now, Tolle; Awareness, De Mello; Minbdfulness for Beginners, Kabat-zinn; A New Earth, Tolle; Million Little Pieces, Frey.