Notices

Whee!Kender Thread! 6/5-6-8

Old 06-05-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just got all set up for a big cookout tonight. Not very excited about it right offhand, but I am sure to enjoy myself as the evening progresses. I always dread it beforehand, but end up right in the swing of it.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi all

I am gearing up for my first weekend sober ( not the first one). I found this thread really helpful earlier in the year when I had a few months sobriety.

I see there is no chat about bacon yet

My goal is to post this on Saturday morning

" I am hangover free, unashamed and fit to follow through on my plans for the day"

Good sober weekend all
Old 06-05-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlygirl View Post
I see there is no chat about bacon yet
There is now!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend!

Heum, I'm the drunk of the neighborhood.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Go for it Carly girl! Stay sober this weekend. Sounds like you have had some ups and downs. Make this an up. We are here to help you do that! Good to see ya.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Just got all set up for a big cookout tonight. Not very excited about it right offhand, but I am sure to enjoy myself as the evening progresses. I always dread it beforehand, but end up right in the swing of it.
I am the same way, Gilmer. I don't much like going out to social gatherings. I usually end up having a good time and I am always glad I went.
But I am always really glad when I finally get home.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Patman? What's this about being the drunk of the neighborhood?

Yes. Carlygirl...sober weekend!!

Put the kettle on It's time to get crazy! (thrown in for purpleknight as he travels...soon?).

Dancing for us all.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm home. Traffic wasn't too terrible. Things about me? I talk too much at the wrong times and not enough at the right time. Too much information-itis. So throughout my life I've come across as shy or snobby at times because I have a deathly fear of sounding like an idiot or saying the wrong thing so I don't say anything at all.

I am addicted to vintage chairs. One can never have too many chairs. I'm idiosyncratic or maybe a contrarian and like quirky things. So I have a hula girl air freshener on my car dashboard and insist on driving manual transmission (which are almost as rare as hens teeth in the U.S.).

And I like crispy bacon. There, I threw bacon into the thread again.

Time to get kids in bed.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I prefer manual transmission, too! I consider it a badge of honor that I know how to drive one. I can also drive a diesel.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My car is manual transmission, although I rarely get it into fifth gear.
It just needs the hulu girl on the dash!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Manual transmission here as well. I drive a little apple red Chevy Aveo hatchback. She ain't pretty and she don't got A/C but she gets me where i need to go and for not a lotta money. And by don't have A/C i mean just that. It ain't broke, it's not there to begin with!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

What do the alcoholics have in common? They drive manual transmissions. How weird and awesome is that? I view it as a badge of honor too. Plus they are a great theft deterrent. I don't feel like I'm really driving if I'm in an automatic, although with my driving I'm probably not really driving either
Old 06-05-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
What do the alcoholics have in common? They drive manual transmissions. How weird and awesome is that? I view it as a badge of honor too. Plus they are a great theft deterrent. I don't feel like I'm really driving if I'm in an automatic, although with my driving I'm probably not really driving either
I think we all have cats, too.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Not me--I'm a dog person, but my husband doesn't even want them in the house.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Traveling this weekend. Back to Ohio to visit family. Graduations and birthdays and baptisms oh my! I might not be on SR too much as a result.

I might be known for my love of bacon.

I'd like to be known for my singing but since I am horrible that seems unlikely.

I get my sober strength from reading the newcomer stories on SR. I read them and remember how hard it was back then and it elevates my resolve to not go back.

I have a degree in geography.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hah ha! Manual transmission here as well. Love my manual. If I'm driving the automatic then I tend to mind travel a leetle too much. La La La La.

Dog though. Husband has (ridiculously hilarious) sneezing fits when dander gets kicked up anywhere.

Ruby. You need to put a mini-medal around your dash hula lady...to remind yourself how exceptional you are for commuting in Chicago traffic...WITH a manual transmission. Geez lady. You could get tendonitis.

Tomorrow is Friday. New day y'all!

Old 06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Magsie

Most vehicles are manual transmission in uk, are they all alcoholics, lol
Old 06-05-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

LTV, you made me laugh with the mind traveling in an automatic. I do the same thing. Maybe I will get tendinitis but I am always fiddling with something with my hands so it keeps me busy.

Non, have a safe trip to ohio.

Does anyone ever watch the cartoon Adventure Time? My kids are watching it. I swear whomever writes it is on an acid trip. Ok. Mind traveling a bit again.

More quirk and I will add a photo into our mix. These are vintage 1950s TV lamps. I saw one at an estate sale and had to buy it. They are truly kitchy but I love them. They take tiny light bulbs. I like displaying things in threes so I'm looking out for one to complete the "set". I want flamingoes on the next one.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

We're already on the 2nd page and here I am just joining in.

Maybe I'm not really an alcoholic since I drive an automatic and love dogs. If only that were true...LOL

I have to drive to PA this weekend so I'll mainly get to read rather than post. But I will try to at least take a picture or two from the road trip to share.

Take care everyone! Together we can all wake up on Monday morning saying "Wow, what a great sober wee!kend!"
Old 06-05-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Up at 430 and out the door.ntravelled 100 miles for 36 holesnof golf. Ate a d travel back. Just go home. Sleeeeeeeeep Brain, sleeeeep.