Notices

Help and Support Needed

Old 04-16-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning William!
I am glad to hear that you have had your heart surgeries and are moving along . At least, you have that much behind you, though I am sorry to hear about possible further surgeries.

I am thinking of how lucky someone there might be, to have someone like you to possibly talk to, maybe someone who needs the special person you are, to encourage them.

I wonder if there are any books you may have always wanted to read? I love reading and life seems to be too busy to do so. Or is it my addiction to my computer ? lol

I wonder if someone could bring your dog for a visit? or perhaps you could ask if they have someone who brings in 'comfort' dogs , who could maybe visit.
too bad our Jay is not closer, he would bring his wonderful Moose to see you.

I am sorry your wife is too nervous to visit. Are there any members of AA you may know who could come spend some time. perhaps play some chess or checkers.. Reaching out to others where you are might just be a good challenge.

You have always helped others, Bill, and I hope that you can get some face to face company somehow.

I am always glad to see your posts, so please keep posting. Tell us what is going on with you, and how you are doing. I had been missing your postings and wondered if you had had your surgery.

It must be tough, going through surgery always messed with my emotions, and then being lonely and dreading more surgery, must make for a rough time. You are a strong man, Bill, and I know you will do well, even with the stresses, but I wish you a very short visit there, and that today brings some nice diversions.

I think I would rely on youtube a lot. you can watch movies, watch dog videos, just about anything.

Please know that you are loved, and treasured here.
You will be home before you know it, and maybe then the weather will be co-operative and you can be in the garden again, with your darling pooch.

great big hug!
Chicory
Old 04-16-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just wanted to share this with you Bill. dog and mountains, what more could a picture need?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
setter and mountains.jpg (99.3 KB, 95 views)
Old 04-16-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope today was a good one for you wpainterw

D
Old 04-16-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Bill! Hope you are feeling well today!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

William, I enjoy reading your posts. You are an excellent writer, and from reading in between the lines, I believe you are an exceptional human being. I am sending good thoughts your way, and hope that you are in better health very soon, and that you will come through your next procedure with flying colors. Peace be with you.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wishing you a very speedy and full recovery, Wpainter.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you & sending love W. I always enjoy your helpful/encouraging posts. I wish I was closer to Mass. - I would for sure stop in to see you.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My heart is full tonight and goes out to you, my dear, dear friends. I reached out to you and you were there. You are there whatever may happen. You mean so much to me.
I may have to have another operation, go through all this again, this time with a bladder and prostate problem. But whatever happens I can do it. I've been to the territory, just as it was with drinking. I came back from that and I shall be back, with your help and the help of others. I like what Ulysses Grant said, "I propose to fight it out on this line, if it takes all summer."
As for now, I am lonely no more. I have you and I have my music, my poetry (Keats my favorite). I have DVD's with wonderful performances which I can put into my computer, earphones to listen to it. It creates a little world for me.
More later. Lots more later.

W.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 04-16-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Just wanted to share this with you Bill. dog and mountains, what more could a picture need?
Chicory. A magnificent picture. Who do you suppose did that? Rosseau? Osthaus? (Not sure about the drooping tail, however. Usually the tail of a pointing setter goes straight out and trembles with excitement). The setter looks like my "George", who died in 1999. Broke my heart. Maybe he's "there" waiting for me. Along with "Nika".So many friends I've had. Dogs- and people. Like you.

W.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

couple jokes to make you smile

Brenda made an appointment to see her doctor, because she is worried about her husband's bad temper.

Doctor Thomas asks: "What's the problem?"

Brenda says: "Doctor, I don't know what to do. Every day my husband Jimmy seems to lose his temper for no reason. It's beginning to scare me."

The Doctor says: "I have a cure for that. When it seems that Jimmy is getting angry, just take a glass of water and start swishing it in your mouth. Just swish and swish but don't swallow it until he either leaves the room or calms down."

Two weeks later Brenda returns to the doctor looking fresh and happy.

Brenda says: "Doctor that was a brilliant idea! Every time my husband started losing it, I swished with water. I swished and swished, and he calmed right down! How does a glass of water do that?"

Dr Thomas says: "The water itself does nothing. It's keeping your mouth shut that does the trick."

Doctor Khan was giving a lecture to a group of medical students at the city hospital.

Pointing to the x-ray, he explained: "As you can see, this patient limps because his right fibula and tibia are radically arched."

The doctor looked up at the assembled students, and asked Sidney "Now what would you do in a case like this?"

Sidney piped up: "I suppose I would limp too."

Hope you're feeling better soon. Best wishes for you and the missus.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Bill, it sounds like you are being hit hard with one thing after another. I applaud your positive attitude and wish you a speedy recovery from all of your surgeries. I'm sorry your family can't be there more in person for you.

Flirt with the nurses. Listen to some tunes. Watch some movies and hopefully you'll be out very soon!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Have you tried the Ted Talks? Google it - they are inspirational videos on You Tube. Another thing to do is to get into pinterest. You can look at images, and follow Boards about topics you are interested in. If you google that, you'll find instructions.

ShootingStar1
Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You need a Kindle if you don't already have one. Wonderful device! Easier to read on than a book and it holds a thousand books worth off stuff.

Good luck! Hope they get you patched up and out soon. I share one trait with your wife, a dislike of hospitals!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Just to say get well soon mate. I enjoy your posts and appreciate your kindness and wisdom.
Hope you recover well, it sounds like you are a fighter.
Peace from bonnie Scotland
Old 04-17-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Time for breakfast!

Have a Great Day, Sir William!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
breakfast2.jpg (33.1 KB, 71 views)
Old 04-17-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Nonsensical:
The eggs and bacon look good. Wish they had something like that in this facility!

W.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

William, it seems that it's a photograph, by Andrew Fladeboe, and his site is The Shepherd's Realm. I just spent a lot of time there , looking at the amazing photos. The photo I sent you was taken in Norway, and is only one of many lovely ones that I think you would enjoy.
He gets grants and commissions to take photos of beautiful dogs, at their fantastic homelands... I am breathless over this site. Dogs are his subjects, except for some landscapes of where he is working.

The pride of white lions is Amazing.... Prepare yourself to want to spend some time looking, and dreaming!

http://www.theshepherdsrealm.com/

You will make it through this time, William. I know you don't like to be held back from doing the lovely things of Spring, but it wont be long and you will be enjoying some warm weather and beautiful garden.

hugs
chicory
Old 04-17-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I’m sitting in bed and my back is hurting. I may have to do a bowel movement but, since I’m attached to a catheter, I can’t get this done without help. This for profit rehab is understaffed (the nurse on duty for the whole floor just brought me my breakfast as they don’t have enough food service personnal to deliver food. The pancakes she brought were cold).
Well anyway, now that I’ve vented a bit what I thought I’d do to keep my sanity is to tell you what my AV is saying this morning, (Maybe let him have a little talk with your AV!) and also try to describe what the more rational part of my brain (newly invigorated by oxygen resulting from aortic valve repair) is trying to do about that.
“Well now, this is the AV talking to you, down in the bowels of W’S brain.” (It’s so dark down here and a bit musty and clammy!) W seems to be stuck in some kind of repair shop and he says things are not what they used to be for him. He’s stuck in bed with a back injury done to him at the local hospital emergency room last week. His back is hurting. Can’t get to the toilet (Actually this is not the way I usually talk. I usually do “Back hurt! Ow! Gotta go! Can’t! Why! Push button! Nobody come! Help! Head nurse on floor had to help deliver breakfast since food helpers in short supply. Pancakes cold. Visitor brought banana last Sunday. Ate banana. Good! Good! Bring more banana! Want! Want! Now! Now! Me! Me! Help! Help! Let me out of here!”
Rational Brain: “Shut up you snivelling little brat! You simpering little toad! Just shut up! Go back to your baby bed and cool it! Got a new valve transplant. More oxygen in brain. Gonna put you on a short doggie leash today, you little s..t! Gonna dig a deep hole and put you down it and put the lid on. Maybe throw food down to you and even water if you’re good. But if you keep snivelling we’ll just go away and forget you and let you die in your own stuff, right there in the dark. The medieval French called it an “obliette” which means “place we just forgot- forever!!
AV: “Whaaaaaa! You think you’re some kinda big shot! Bully! Like you got a college degree or somethin! Well let me tell ya! I got tricks up my sleeve like you’d never know. Tricks even to make you boozin‘, usin‘. You’ll be a slave again! My slave! You ain’t seen nuthin!”
Rational Brain: “I ain’t heard nuthin! Except some kind of blather and bull....!” Got other things to do, promises to keep. Miles to go before I sleep. Slept half the night. Better than nuthin’. And you ain’t seen nuthin‘ yet! It ain’t over till it’s over. As that old war monger, Kipling wrote:

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

William
We are supposed to be entertaining you, not the other way around! but, that's you, the teacher, supporter, sharer of good things. we love you William.

Very interesting how AV is.... too bad for him, you are much smarter than he is.lol

that is crummy though, getting your back hurt at am emergency hospital! what the heck?

see you later friend. hang tough.