# 81 (permalink)  

Yay Bill, Happy Easter!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
AA member

Happy Easter to you Bill.xx
Old 04-20-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi Bill, i'm late to there thread but just wanted to wish you a very Happy Easter and speedy recovery. I've only been a patient once.......I usually work on the other side of the fence..........I remember how incredibly long the days were.......and I was only there for four. What a great idea of yours to reach out to these wonderful people on SR. Some fantastic suggestions have been made..........some i'm taking note of for myself to help keep that AV at bay if and when required. Wishing you all the very best Bill.

LP
Old 04-20-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I hope your Easter is a good one. Just got back from work (wasn't too bad) and wanted to wish you well.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bill, I hope you are home for the day, enjoying your time away from the hospital.

Thinking of you...
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I really need help and support. Today is day one - once again
Old 04-20-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Ah, Bill, I'm thrilled you got a visit home. And, your dog is confused, of course, but he will figure things out quickly.
Anna: I'm really so thrilled and humbled by the outpouring of support I'm getting from you and all my friends on SR. Thank You! I will respond to more of you but my butt hurts so I'm just going to update Anna right now and you can read it.
The first thing you want to know, of course,is about Boswell, the dog, an English Cocker, black and white, to which, typically, I am addicted (and he to me). Today he greeted me as always, jumped up on my lap and stared at me with his big eyes, also exploring my shirt for cookie crumbs. Later, back in my bedroom, he jumped up on my bed as in old times, stared some more at me and then flipped over for tummy rubs. I told him that soon we would be watching more of Animal Planet, where he is particularly interested in CATS.
So much for Boswell. I had a good visit at our home with my younger son, Ed, who came up from New York City for the weekend. He's been a big help. He left to go back to the City this afternoon.
My wife enjoyed my visit and clearly misses me. I miss her.
My catheter has to stay in for another week and then they will discover whether I can **** on my own. If I can then I can go home and resume my former life. If I can't then there may have to be another operation and another rehab. Let's hope that's not the case but if it happens then it's just one more mountain to climb. We can do that and the skills I've learned by climbing this one will probably make the second climb easier. We'll get it done and certainly by June or earlier we'll be able to pick up where we left off, with new hardware inside my heart which is likely to extend my life expectancy. I'll be on coumadin, to discourage blood clots and avoid strokes, even though that's a complex med that requires periodic monitoring.
I'm staying in this rehab up until April 28 at least and then we shall determine the next step. Whether to climb another mountain.
That's it. I haven't proofread this because i'm hurting a bit and I'm tired. Thanks again to you and everyone else.

W.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hugs William. Boswell sounds just a sweetheart.

You know we are all keeping you in our best thoughts and prayers, for a good p!@##@$ results and hopefully you have seen the last surgery.

you are great at those mountains, Bill, but I am wishing you a nice glide home soon!

love and hug,
chicory
Old 04-20-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best and no complications Bill

D
Old 04-20-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Hugs William. Boswell sounds just a sweetheart.

You know we are all keeping you in our best thoughts and prayers, for a good p!@##@$ results and hopefully you have seen the last surgery.

you are great at those mountains, Bill, but I am wishing you a nice glide home soon!

love and hug,
chicory
Yes, Chicory, I love the mountains, collect photos of mountains, some of which I took myself, others in books with photos taken by incredibly fine photographers, like the Japanese; Shirahata and Shirakawa, photos of the Himalayas in Nepal, the Swiss Alps and various mountains in the U.S. and Canada. Many of the mountains in Nepal are considered sacred and the home of various Hindu and Buddhist gods. There is one just north of Pokara, called Machapuchari, some views of which have a distinctly numinous or spiritual quality, quite spooky in a way. In my neo Romantic way I consider such places, as well as some figures, such as the Buddha, ways by which we may access a coexistent alternate reality. Such places and persons serve as paths to higher wisdom.

W.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Bill, I hope you are in better spirits! I just got to thinking of my dogs as I just got out of jail on April 4th, was in for 54 days and my 2 dogs were so depressed and got to be a pain for my other half. She said they were so messed up they wouldn't go out, eat or listen. Boy i'm glad i'm home and not drinking, it really helps when they come over to me and jump all over me like i've been gone for months when I actually just went outside for an hour! Makes me feel needed, even though they are confused thinking i'm going to leave again! Just get well so you can be home with yours! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-20-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I on my cell (goofing on the job) but I wanted to wish you a good night. You sound in much better spirits, isn t it amazing what hanging out with a.puppy can do? I grew up with an English cocker spaniel named Pongo. he was reddish brown and one of the best friends I ever had. I love the breed. Hopefully u ll go home this week otherwise u might have to bribe someone to smuggle Boswell in
Old 04-20-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear things are well, or at least getting better. A week isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things. With some luck that will be that, and you can resume your normal life, probably with a newfound appreciation for it. Nothing make one appreciate health more than illness.

I hope you feel better, maybe they can tweak your meds to relieve the discomfort?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

(((Hugs)) & positive thoughts your way Bill
Old 04-20-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Sending you some love from Sydney, Australia. No one deserves to be alone especially in such a hard time. Hope you feel the love and it makes you a little warmer. xx
Old 04-21-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi Bill, another Aussie mate (a bit south of Sydney1988) checking in to say a big hullo to you. Your Boswell sounds wonderful!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amazingglazier View Post
Bill, I hope you are in better spirits! I just got to thinking of my dogs as I just got out of jail on April 4th, was in for 54 days and my 2 dogs were so depressed and got to be a pain for my other half. She said they were so messed up they wouldn't go out, eat or listen. Boy i'm glad i'm home and not drinking, it really helps when they come over to me and jump all over me like i've been gone for months when I actually just went outside for an hour! Makes me feel needed, even though they are confused thinking i'm going to leave again! Just get well so you can be home with yours! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Yes, the dogs are a big help. My dog can visit me over in this facility and I can go down to the house every day to visit him and my wife for three hours or longer. The dog is figuring things out. His morale is high. My wife is taking good care of him. I tell the dog I've been put in a kennel for awhile and I'll come back real soon. But we dogs have to work together. It's all going to be over soon. O.K. Real O.K. Just like before. He sits on my lap, looks at me square in the face with those big sad eyes and I'm sure he understands.He's working with me and helping me get well.

W
Old 04-21-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love your spirit, Bill, and I'm certain your dog understands exactly what's going on and is willing to help.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning Bill,

I just came back from my overnight shift and I am probably going to crash in a bit.
I noted that you like mountains and you seemed to have traveled extensively. I have done my share of traveling in my time but nowadays, I just cannot afford it.
One thing I recently discovered is google street view has some really good footage of some landmarks. One place I always wanted to go to was the Machu Pichu. Maybe some day I will...anyway here is one of the street view for you. Enjoy
https://www.google.com/maps/views/vi...tch=90&fovy=75
Old 04-21-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I have just been informed that I can no longer visit my wife at our home fifteen minutes away (I have visited her three times since my stay here) because Medicare rules forbid family visits outside the facility except for social occasions, such as birthdays. Their having permitted me three consecutive visits probably violated medicare rules and if so was unlawful. This is a great shock to me, since I was never told of this, indeed was misled on my arrival here. If I signed out AMA, I might be considered a danger to myself or others and so might be involuntarily hospitalized without my consent. In additionI would be liable for all the hab charges. Finally I might become seriously ill (I am improving) and could risk further hospitalization on an emergency basis, which would put me back in the position I am right now. My solution is to tough it out this week and request that I be treated for anxiety. One week from today the catheter will be removed and, if I can urinate on my own, i can go home and any problems will vanish. Due to my recent three visits I have acquired here an entire library of DVD's, books, poetry. This will be my little world for a week. I shall return eventually. Return to my wife, my flowers, my dog, my home. It is a medical situation and U.S. Health care is a mess, driven by money.

Bill.