Notices

Help and Support Needed

Old 04-26-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bill, you make me smile!

I am so, so glad that you are safely back home with your wife and Boswell. I'm sure the atmosphere at home and the good food will help you enormously.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Came here looking for some good news and found it. Very happy you are home with doggie and wife. Here's hoping you'll feel much better soon.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Bill, Hevyn wrote my post for me above. So glad you are home, do keep us posted on your progress, you have many interested friends here.

P1020207.jpg
Old 04-26-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and uplifting thoughts to you. Maybe even without realizing it, you are an inspiration to others. Please know that you are not alone.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

So glad you are home, Bill!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I'm so happy and relieved to see you're back home where you belong! Being back with the ones you love is the best medicine.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

P.S. My "adventures" in the past few weeks have reminded me of the old Chinese curse:"May you live in 'interesting' times!"

W.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Praying for your continued recovery at HOME! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-28-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
AA member

Good news that you are home Bill.Nothing quite like your own home.

Sending you hugs.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Feeling much better now. Hope to be entirely well in the next two weeks or almost certainly by the middle of June. Hope it was not selfish of me to use all those medicare funds for an expensive operation just to gain some extra years. In a way the younger people are paying for this in tax money. It makes sense to me only if I use the extra time to help others, like my family, my kids and grandchildren. My wife needs a lot of support with all her health issues and I want to be there to support her like she supported me with the health problems I had for so many years. She could have left me and, despite all my troubles, she stayed on. So if I look at it that way and do what I can then I guess it's O.K. that I made the choice not to die soon.

W.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better Bill! Carry on , there may be a few younger people helping pay your bill, but they are in the minority from what I saw at social security. A lot of younger folks getting disability payments and they look fine to me. I had an older brother that died from bone cancer after 21 years, they cut off his left leg at 14 yo and he got $65.00 a week , he told them to shove it as they required him to go to their DR. every 6 months to see if his disability was permanent! Like maybe his leg grew back? My mother had to disown him or they wanted to take our house to pay for his bills. Meanwhile my father worked paying in all hs life only to die before he got his 1st social security check? Go figure! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 05-20-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi William!
I thought of you today, and wanted to see how you are doing. Its so good to see you back to your self, witty, enthusiastic, and ever helping others.

It makes me sad to hear you question whether it was selfish of you to want to live a longer life...The world is a much more interesting place with you in it! and your compassion is a beautiful thing, Bill.

keep feeling better each day.

hugs,
chicory
Old 05-21-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with Chicory Bill. You are needed here - there's still work to do.

There's a man in New York who is 115. You have a ways to go yet.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hugs for you today.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, Bill, I love your perspective on your illness, medical costs and health improvement. I think it's so good that you want to continue working to help people with the new good health that you have. And, good for you for wanting to be there for your wife.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Thanks for your helpful support. I am now reading a very interesting book which, oddly enough, combines a very wise and philosophical discussion of why we fear death with numerous jokes and cartoons. A death book which actually cheers people up!
Heidegger And A Hippo Walk Through Those Pearly Gates - Using Philosophy (and Jokes!) To Explore Life, Death,... by Thomas Klein, Daniel Cathcart (2009). Reading it thus far I have concluded that there are three reasons why people don't want to die. The first is self centered but entirely human. They want to enjoy life. Hardly anything we should be judgmental about. The second is to help others, such as your family, other folks who have had the same problems you have had, plus of course your dog. I particularly want to be there for my dog. The third is the most human of all. they are just scared of death. Scared of what comes next, or just scared of disappearing, soul and body, for eternity. Black nothingness, like the way "you" were before you were born (but let's face it, there was no "you" there). So to think that the time would come when there would not be "me". That's a tough assignment. Unless you grasp the reality that, as Einstein said, "Nothing lasts" Thus, if we turn the clock ahead maybe 30 billion years, the universe would be gone. If not, then give it another 200 billion years. So what's the big deal out of dying? Only if the theologians are right that Hell is real, that souls survive and suffer there for eternity. I cannot subscribe to such a doctrine and still believe in a wise and loving God. If there is no God then there can be no hell unless hell is where we are right now.
Do you find this post hard to swallow?

To cheer you up, let me tell you a joke from the Kline and Cathcart book. A man goes to the doctor and the doctor says that he has good news and bad news. "Tell me the good news first," the man says. "The good news is that my diagnosis is that you have 24 hours to live". So what's the bad news? "The bad news is that I forgot to tell you this yesterday."
Ready for another one? There were two friends, Mike and Dave. Dave died. One day the phone rang, Mike picked it up and the guy on the other end says, "This is Dave". Mike says, "What's it like where you are?" Dave says, "Life here is great! We have lots of fine veggies to eat, make love in the morning, eat more veggies for lunch, have a nap, make love again. More veggies for dinner and then make love all night". Mike says, "Where are you? Are you in heaven?" "Heck no," says Dave. "I'm a rabbit in Arizona".
That's all the trouble I can cause tonight. More later.
W.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Well you seem to be in much better spirits Bill! Hope you are healing well.How's your family holding up? Wishing you the best, Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 05-21-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

William,
that was cute, about the rabbit

Perhaps its good that we don't know everything. But life is all the more sweeter, because of that, for me.

Have a good night, dear one. Thank you for sharing - you always make me think!

hugs
chicory