Notices

I believe - sober weekend thread 3/21-23

Old 03-23-2014, 03:05 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sobrinators!

Having my Sunday morning coffee and making my list. Recently discovered I have 'mild to moderate' ADHD, and have found that if I don't write down the things I intend to get done during a day then when the evening comes I wonder why I didn't get anything done all day. Then I get frustrated and anxious. Then my AV starts looking for traction. If I write it down I am more likely to do it. Thus I get more productivity and less AV with a simple list.

One of my favorite parts of sobriety has been learning how to deal with my sometimes uncooperative brain. Working through and resolving the stresses and frustrations instead of drowning them. It can be a puzzle, but one that I am solving.

There was an excellent post by ToddE1 in Secular Connections recently that sums up my recovery approach nicely. Posting a link because I think it's worth a read - especially if you are struggling with finding a program for sober living that works for you.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 03-23-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Nice job non.... You were on my mind this weekend and happy to see you put sobriety first.

As for me? Heading to the gym.... Was looking in the back of my closet for something and came across an old pair so sneakers that have tomato sauce stains all on the laces. I used to wear the drunk and drink order big meatball sandwiches. Then get the sauce all,over myself.

So I decided that is what I will wear today jogging!

That person is so far away and what a little triumph to run in them sober and much happier.

There is alot to be gained and rediscovered!

K
Old 03-23-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hmm, a Fitbit and a meatball sub! The breakfast of champions!
Old 03-23-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Holli... I have not had a meatball sub in a while. I miss them.

But one thing I like to do on Sundays to fill my day is cook for the week. I think a lot of do that.

Here is a great recipe for chicken parm.

Chicken Parmesan Recipe : Tyler Florence : Food Network

One of the best.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Yes - Saturday down with no alcohol!! We even went to dinner with another couple - old friends who know I love my booze and they didn't ask once why I was drinking sweet tea instead of beer. I drank my tea and treated myself to cheesecake for dessert so as not to feel "deprived" of anything.

Hoping for a strong day today. I'm only 3 days away from 22 days sober which will be my record so I'm excited about that. Will hit the mall with my daughter (mother daughter day!) for some retail therapy, get to an AA meeting, work, and hopefully start on my assignment from my sponsor which is to write a love letter and then a break-up letter to alcohol.

Good luck this Sunday to all!

OH! What is the name of that phone ap that tracks how long it's been since your last drink? Does anyone know?
Old 03-23-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

This made me smile. It's been fairly common in the past for me to find bottle caps and empties in my shop when I am cleaning up. This is what I found today.

Evidence of change.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
teawrapper.jpg (44.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 03-23-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

After a sober Sat. sitting here drinking my morning tea and catching up on SR.

Good job on Sat. everyone, let's make Sun. the same.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

45min til the weekend is over and it's 12am Monday morning here in Western Australia. I actually think I'm going to make it through my very first sober weekend in years!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
45min til the weekend is over and it's 12am Monday morning here in Western Australia. I actually think I'm going to make it through my very first sober weekend in years!
Congratz Mish!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Happy sober Sunday (and in some cases Monday morning)!

I absolutely love waking up in the morning not feeling like crap.

Hopefully, my back will start to feel better soon so I can actually go out and do something in the sunshine. I need to take advantage of the vitamin D!

I hope everyone else is enjoying their day!
Old 03-23-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Oh I found the ap. It's called Quitter for the iphone. Says I've been sober 20 days and saved $264.99. I'm sure it's more than this because i didn't calculate the cost of alcoholic beverages at restaurants when I go out or the wine I buy, only beer that I drink at home. Mo' money for clothes for the new me. =)
Old 03-23-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday Weekenders!
Sunny here so I took the dog for a walk to the community garden plot and planted potatoes. Tilled the soil so it will be ready for some peas and beans later this week. Took the garden shears to the bushes on the side of the house so they don't get too overgrown.
I wish I had my fitbit, would love to know the numbers for all that today!

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Had a great sober weekend! Here's to a sober week...
Old 03-23-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Night night to my sober weekend, phew... am quite proud, even watched my hubbie having a pint, and had a grapefruit juice... am amazed at myself!!!! normally ANY excuse would start me off!!!

Heres to a sober week 3! Beat the last go by 3 days now
Old 03-23-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Missed most of the action here this weekend. Hmm. Been busy running around with kids and haven't had a chance to sit down. Good job Mish on your weekend. Ken, sounds like you have been busy. Hope the furniture rearranging worked out. I bought two home decorating mags this weekend. First time in a long time. My "nest" has been too long neglected. Olive planting potatoes. I haven't started thinking garden yet. It was snowing this morning when I got up and the temp overnight tonight is supposed to be ten degrees. Spring is never coming. Ever.

Time to go look for a lego for my daughter. Clean the kitchen and put stuff away. And start thinking about dinner. Sigh.

Monday comes too soon.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Night night to my sober weekend, phew... am quite proud, even watched my hubbie having a pint, and had a grapefruit juice... am amazed at myself!!!! normally ANY excuse would start me off!!!

Heres to a sober week 3! Beat the last go by 3 days now
That's great work!

Keep it up!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Thanks Arry,

Ruby 2... it sometimes feels it never ends huh... but most moments have something nice in them somewhere if we can connect in a clear brain!! Enjoy the lego...
Old 03-23-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey sober sunday closing down here in the UK .

Had a sleep in after saturdays late night visiting beachy head and eastbourne and the train ride home . Made a super strong curry today and have been enjoying that .

I have 20x 50L storage boxes turning up next week so all my storage problems will be over . I intend throwing away the wardrobes and putting everything in them . I may cut letterboxes in the paperwork ones . Another unmanageable becoming more manageable .

With sobriety i've been able to add layer upon layer of small improvements to my life and it makes the whole experience better .
in my old house in my drinking days i once kept meaning to tidy away a newspaper i'd bought that day and left on the sideboard , when i eventually put it in the recycling box and put it on my porch (not much of a job huh ?) the newspaper was 4 years old .

Small things maybe , maybe your not the kinda drunk i was but thats how it's been for me .
Enjoy the rest of the weekend Americas

Bestwishes, m
Old 03-23-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Enjoyed just reading this thread and catching up. Spent a lot of time this weekend out and about; a far cry from relaxing on my couch as I had planned. I was with my son a lot so he was able to get some drive practice in. Went to a big family brunch today and it was great to see my cousins. Spent a few hours browsing the bookstore and started reading "Drink: The Intimate Relationship Between Women and Alcohol". Did a bit of cleaning and laundry so feeling ready to start the work week. Feeling inspired and empowered by everyone working so hard to stay sober throughout the weekend!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Thanks, Mecanix.

I think I'm on your speed. Honestly, I think small step are epic when you're used to doing nothing. At least that's the way I feel about myself. I feel proud of myself making any move forward. We didn't get into this way of life overnight; it's not going to go away that quickly either.

Sleep well!