Notices

I believe - sober weekend thread 3/21-23

Old 03-21-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders!
gasp! I am out of bacon!
It is on my shopping list to make one of those great breakfast egg and cheese sandwiches on a toasted bagel, but today I will use turkey sausage.
good weather here for today, but the cold air is coming back and another spring snow storm?
I have a busy weekend, sobriety is the only option....looking forward to my kitchen sink, water, dishwasher and new granite...I have been without a kitchen for almost 3 months, but it was worth it...pictures forthcoming on whiners! ( sorry to repeat myself, but I cant help it, this has been a big project for me, I have saved and planned for years l couldnt put it together if I was drinking).
Old 03-21-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats Miss Fandy! You have good taste I am sure.

Hmmm... Before I say that ... question... Do you own any Capodimonte? My mother had a tone and ones taste can be called into question should you have any tucked away. Lol
Old 03-21-2014, 02:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning Sober Weekenders!!

Friday morning, arrived at work, working tomorrow morning too!!

Weekend of catching up on some sleep and have a game of Ice Hockey to attend on Sat evening!

Let's do this!!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am soooo in baby!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

And for those who don't know what *ring ring* is here it is from mecanix:

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
*ring ring*

The first ring is the bell of mindfulness calling to you , stop , you are alive , what are you doing right now ? be aware , un-tense those shoulders , breath fresh and deep , take a step back from the wall your banging your head against .

The second ring is that of the freedom bell , i'm ringing out for you , freedom is available to you in the here and now , free yourself from bondage , drop those ideas and attitudes that keep you stuck . Freedom is here, it's scary but its glorious . Take the leap of faith you won't regret it I haven't ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 03-21-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

In there like post-waterslide swimwear!

New sobriety challenge this weekend - I am traveling on my own. Gonna spend Friday night in a hotel, coming home Saturday. Ordinarily I would have my drinking pre-planned by this point, but instead I am ready for that AV. Or are we calling it cognitive dissonance now? No matter. Whatever name I give it, it's a liar, and I'm done with it's lies. I took a cloture vote, and there are no more debates. There is no longer a democracy in my head. I benevolently rule as Imperator.

Be well everyone.

And -Miss Fandy - it ain't a kitchen unless there is bacon in it!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

No capodimonte here, lol! But rusty zipper sent me some great pieces of glass that match some of my mothers old pieces, he was doing an estate sale, I was visiting and saw them, he packed them up and mailed to me. also a great french redware pitcher.
bacon forthcoming but I gotta get to work.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you looking for reporting mecanixs inspiring words. He originated the ring ring and I love rereading it to motivate me!

Sound great Fandy!

Oldself... How many weekends now? How are you?

Welcome kopfan!

Ok... Now for non.... " post water slide swimwear." NICE!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Justadude... Welcome to SR and the weekender thread. Have any plans for this weekend? How do you plan to stay sober?

Feel free to checkin often as needed.

Any anyone else lurking... All are welcome. Weekends can be trying. Time is not always a friend to a drinker. But time with sober drinkers is!

K
Old 03-21-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

When I feel a need for change or a new perspective I always move my furniture around. Getting new furniture sounds fun. Feng shui?

Friday, it's Friday! And it will be 60 here. And then cold comes back.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My dad used to say I was "on him like a cheap suit" when I was too effusive as a child!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well I'm looking forward to my 4th weekend of sobriety, my longest stretch in a long time. I'm really glad I have found this group! What a positive bunch, much like the gratitude threads. That is really the feeling I am enjoying returning to my life, gratitude and a sense of hope, that things will be OK, even if they are not perfect.

On a side note, my 4 weeks will also be coming with a challenge- my wife is going to be out of town this weekend for the first time in my sobriety, and with the kids off to school....... In my drinking days, this could have meant a bender of historical proportions, that I would have been planning all week- and recovering from most of next week!

Is this thread meant to "kick off" the weekend, or will folks be posting back on how it's going?

have a great one, I know I will!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks Ken, great post. I'm in for a sober weekend; yard work and taxes, yea baby!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm in and it's the beginning of the dreaded taxes for me.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi all. I joined SR in Jan 2014 and only just discovered the weekend thread, obviously need to explore a bit more. Would love a sober weekend as I slipped last weekend while away at a conference, and weekends are the most challenging for me. Can I join in?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

MnEman... The weekender thread starts Friday and goes the weekend as a place to check in and find a little extra help.

I had a hard time in the beginning with weekends and this has proved to be great support! Welcome! Check in often.

Welcome Adams!

GoldC hang in there. It will happen! It did for me!

Good to see you ladyB!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Thank you looking for reporting mecanixs inspiring words. He originated the ring ring and I love rereading it to motivate me! Sound great Fandy! Oldself... How many weekends now? How are you? Welcome kopfan! Ok... Now for non.... " post water slide swimwear." NICE!
I don't know how many Ken....I don't really count them, but it's quite a few. I judge my sobriety not in days or months but in the quality of my life, and I can tell you it's infinitely better since I stopped drinking.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Discovery14 View Post
Count me in for the weekend.

My daughter is home from college for the quarter break. It is going to be a fun weekend catching up with her for the week. Now that I don't spend a bunch of time sneaking around getting drinks I will be able to spend more time with here.
Hey Discovery...thanks for the post. I was spending soooo much time sneaking around getting drinks it's crazy. The sneaking doesn't last long since sooner or later my consumption becomes visible to my wife and kids...

Stopping the madness now...lets go sober weekend!!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm in