Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread come and stay sober sober with us 27th 28th & 29th december 2013

Notices

weekend thread come and stay sober sober with us 27th 28th & 29th december 2013

Old 12-28-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Omg Saturday night and sober... this is strange. Decided to paint my toenails and realised I still had nail varnish left on from October. As if I've never been ars*d to look at my toenails until now! Tomorrow I'm gonna de-fuzz and exfoliate!

Well done everyone
Old 12-28-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Ring ring, woke up late today.
Happy Birthday Seascape!
Glad to see you are serious about sobriety Django
Do you know what my AV was really kicking in and still got about an hour until everyone leaves.But I thought I would get in the shower and come on SR just to read other stuff.Im glad I read this because my AV was getting the better of me.Im on top of it for the time being but this next hour is going To be a hard one.Really does sound pathetic to be honest.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm in, all be it, a little late. . . . Truthfully, after getting through Christmas week (phew!), I feel like this weekend will be more of a "cakewalk" for me . . . .
Old 12-28-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrickyDave View Post
Next challenge will be New Year's Eve. Going to wife's sister's house. They are big drinkers. I need a plan. And I need to feel confident when we get together with my other (hostile) sister-in-law on Jan 2nd. She's always on the attack, and I need my wits about me.
Dave - You don't have to go. The need for sobriety trumps any need to attend a social gathering. If there is a risk of drinking or stress that could lead to drinking, you should think about staying home. Maybe you suddenly came down with a touch of the flu or something along those lines?
Old 12-28-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sober weekend for me. Not a whole lot going on. Just staying close to home. I have no desire to drink. Just trying to deal with my anxiety and make it to tomorrow while retaining some semblance of sanity. My anxiety makes me want to drink less, not more.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hello All. First Post.

145 Days Sober. White Knuckled it for 120 Days, and now in AA.

Found some Ketel1 Last night while digging through some boxes and i held it for a few minutes. Dumped it down the drain and immediately went to a meeting. I was shaky, but still strong.

The Weekends are the hardest for sure, as a lot of old friends still hit me up wanting to get blasted.

Tons of Video Games, Yoga and PushUps, but i need more stuff to do. Any Advice?
Old 12-28-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Olive, I thought "paint the dog" was literal, too--maybe some weird kind of sports fan mascot thing! Will you be painting from a picture or will you have to get the dog to pose?
Funny, it sounds perfectly normal when I say it in my head!
Maybe it is my accent. (I don't have an accent.......well, maybe an American accent.)

I have seen the 'Why Paint Cats' book and it is very cool, but I would never have the patience to paint a live creature.

I paint from pictures, mostly. I was painting some stuff for my brother last fall and I got burnt out on it, so I started painting random 'selfie' photos of dogs and a friend of a friend really liked it, so they want to pay me to actually paint a picture of their dog.

Pork roast has been in the oven for 2 hours now and it smells wonderful. I will make some tortillas to eat it with.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey django keep on the good path mate ,
there will be parties and music gigs to go to when being sober feels like the normal thing to do .. with luck might be you on stage one day who knows what the future holds ?

The only thing i can tell about the future is there will be more pain and misery if i drink than if i don't so therefore i don't ..

Off to see mex-m8 see you all later keep on

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-28-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey AloEgo, there's a thread opened on just that topic, worth checking out

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...le-do-fun.html
Old 12-28-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm a bit late but I'm in......for my first sober Saturday in 8 years!!!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey snuggle nice to have you along m8

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-28-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday SeaScape! Sounds like the usual normal weekend stuff. I went grocery shopping and bought another pork butt. Olive and I must be thinking along the same lines. Bought one last week and the kids ate almost the entire thing. Five and a half pounds of pork.

Meeting this morning and another tonight. Tonight is a speaker meeting. Husband coming over later to pick something up. Keeps calling to chat. I hate chatting on the phone. Plus, now he is all concerned about how I'm doing and feeling and oh, can he go to church with us tomorrow and do I want him to go to the meeting with me tonight. I can understand how Django is feeling as I want to smash something. Just a vent. He couldn't be bothered when he was high all the time but I ask him to leave and he starts getting serious.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

((Ruby))

It sounds like you are working hard at staying strong. Enjoy your meeting tonight.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

I am jumping in a bit late this weekend, but I am making it a sober one. I have been home alone since yesterday afternoon. Cleaning, watching movies, and spending time in the snowy neighbourhood park. Last night was quite lonely and I did have some triggers. My favourite time to drink was right here on a weekend night, just me, a few vodka coolers, and a bottle of white wine. I'd drink myself stupid, watch cartoons, and usually drunk-dial or text various random men. Thinking back on it, it wasn't really a good time and sounds kind of pathetic now. However I do like being home alone watching cartoons sometimes, especially if I just want to relax. This place brings up a lot of memories for me and I want to learn to deal with them without drinking.

Right now I have my mug of hot chocolate, my favourite movie on the TV, and I am just taking it easy sticking around SR, and staying sober. Cheers!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Spent today trying to train in my new dog, Haven. Got her yesterday. We are having a battle of wills right now on "going potty". I'm so grateful to have a companion to look after. Nary a drinking thought in my head.

Olive, I had to laugh when who wrote "Got a pork butt, gonna cook the crap out of it" because I'm 12. lol

M, hope you had a rockin' time with your m8!

Ken, let us know how that soup turned out, eh?

Thepatman, Django the feelings were really intense when my neurons started to wake up. It helped me to think about how crappy it was to not feel anything when I was drinking. Yes, the anxiety cranks up at first, but humor and joy return too.

Yours,
Cas
Old 12-28-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Feeling a bit blurgh this evening.. today and yesterday were poop but sober at least.

Still stuck at my mums in the middle of nowhere, ready to go home but can't yet.
Yesterday I went a long to the pub, not a problem for me, cept the 1 or 2 pints that my step dad was supposed to have turned into a 5hr drinking session, I hadn't eaten, got very frustrated but just sat there with my cola, annoyed I couldn't leave (few mile walk home and I didn't know the way).

Today was a gathering of friends, more booze...it was nice but i've come to bed quite late, with a bad headache and the crabby feeling returned.
I hope tomorrow there will be more avoidable booze filled time.

I think i'm starting to show signs of PAWS but i'm not sure, shaking hands, bad headaches and really bad memory.

bah feel like one very deflated but sober teabag.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sorry everyone.Not much else I can say.complete failure.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Been a crap day, I turn my mobile off to avoid any temptation, but since I’m back home and my folks have had the same # for 35 plus years, certain people I have the hardest time turning away; people I went to grade school and camp with, still have a way of getting a hold of me and it F-ing sucks. It’s worse because my mother thinks it’s so nice these old friends still think of me, if she only knew why they keep calling and a few even dropped by she would be worried and pissed.
I’m really stressed and 10 other emotions I can even explain….
Old 12-28-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Django View Post
Sorry everyone.Not much else I can say.complete failure.
Django, it's not one bit too late. If you have any left, dump it. Just pour it out, make yourself some tea, or have some water. Or go on to bed and get a good night sleep.

It's a slip. Not a big deal. You've got this, my friend. Begin again tomorrow.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fearNloathing View Post
Been a crap day, I turn my mobile off to avoid any temptation, but since I’m back home and my folks have had the same # for 35 plus years, certain people I have the hardest time turning away; people I went to grade school and camp with, still have a way of getting a hold of me and it F-ing sucks. It’s worse because my mother thinks it’s so nice these old friends still think of me, if she only knew why they keep calling and a few even dropped by she would be worried and pissed.
I’m really stressed and 10 other emotions I can even explain….
Glad you are posting here. Keep venting. Even though you are frustrated, you sound focused. Work hard not to give in to any temptation. Maybe get out of the house for a walk or to see a movie? Let your parents know you aren't up for being social? Thinking of you. You can get through this.