Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread come and stay sober sober with us 27th 28th & 29th december 2013

Notices

weekend thread come and stay sober sober with us 27th 28th & 29th december 2013

Old 12-27-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Did all my shopping so I do not have to leave the house this weekend, if I do not want to. And I probably won't want to.
Got a pork butt, gonna cook the crap out of it all day with some apple juice and other seasonings and spices.
Someone actually asked me to paint their dog and they will pay me for it! I will be putzing around with that as well.
Hope everyone is enjoying their sober Friday evening!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Did all my shopping so I do not have to leave the house this weekend, if I do not want to. And I probably won't want to.
Got a pork butt, gonna cook the crap out of it all day with some apple juice and other seasonings and spices.
Someone actually asked me to paint their dog and they will pay me for it! I will be putzing around with that as well.
Just 1 question Olive if i may? Why the F would someone want you to paint their dog, and pay you?!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Looking forward to another sober weekend. I will be taking my mom shopping tomorrow if the weather cooperates. If not, I will be doing her shopping for her. When you're 83 you shouldn't have to go out into the cold if you don't want to! So proud of her....she hasn't had a drink in over a month now!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Django View Post
Just 1 question Olive if i may? Why the F would someone want you to paint their dog, and pay you?!
Perhaps they just have more money than sense!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Cleaning back yard leaves, shopping at new Whole Foods, movies on Sunday. Walk the dog, drink lots of coffee and green tea. Try not to eat too many sweets ( that will be New Years resolution this year!).
Old 12-28-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey olive thats great ,
i used to paint pictures of cats a lot ..as i like cats and i like painting , although i have seen on the internet when you type in "painting cats" that there are some people who obviously have a lot of time, hair dye and cats all come together all at one place at one time ,
(poor Mr snuffles lost some of his regal catness after he'd been painted like a bumble bee … Oh poor Mr snuffles , whatever would become of a bee coloured cat ! )

Whichever way of painting cat's your going to do i wish you well in your endeavours Olive … might be the start of a great new business …

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-28-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Saturday morning fine and fair ,
got my pot of coffee , having a read here catching up on everyone …

Just one thing , feelings do come and go , moods change , give things time and our feeling change as we get used to situations … Sitting round with feelings and emotions can be difficult but it's not life threatening like my drinking was ,

m
Old 12-28-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Checking in weekenders. AV has decided he'd like to come to tomorrow's lunch but he's not getting an invitation, but his usual occasional snivelling mutter has become a long whine and justification. I'm on my toes but I wanted to check in. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Tell AV he can only come if he's bringing a bottle of sparkling water!!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

AV can go to hell in a handcart for all we care , gonna have a nice lunch / dinner and stay sober Marcher

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-28-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Hahahahahahaha!!!Im really sorry olive,I though they actually meant that they wanted to paint their dog in real life,not on paper!!Im sure your a great painter!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Half way home. We left my parents' yesterday and stopped at my father-in-law's for 2 days. Tomorrow we depart for home. Sunday night in my own bed - SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!

Father-in-law is an active alcoholic, drinking excessive wine every night. He pulled the cork as soon as we arrived last night, and a few others joined in. Not me, of course. Not much AV activity - just the usual regret that I can't be a normal drinker and have a glass or 2 like most people can. But, I can't, I know I can't, it's not something I am willing to experiment with again. That horse has left the stables.

Museum today then some fancy pants dinner tonight. I want to be on the road at like 0600 tomorrow morning. We'll see if I can get Mrs Non to agree to that.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Got invited to the pub tonight to go and see my friends band play and it's his last gig before he goes travelling.As much as I want to go see him,sobriety ATM comes first and have to be selfish so im going to stay in and dog sit.Not strong enough in the slightest for these kind of things yet.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Fun to read all the check ins and what others are doing facing and overcoming!

I just got back from a massage and I needed it bad. Bones feel rubbery so I will put chores off until this afternoon and simply lay back to soak in the relaxation.

Next up today... Movie.

Then I got myself a nice food processor so I can make a creamy tomato basil soup. I think that calls for a stop by the hi pester groupers store... Whole foods... To get a good bread. I have a great Vermont cheddar... Grilled cheese and tomato soup!

Gotta run. Happy sober Saturday.

K
Old 12-28-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

That sounds so tasty and comfy, Ken!

Olive, I thought "paint the dog" was literal, too--maybe some weird kind of sports fan mascot thing! Will you be painting from a picture or will you have to get the dog to pose?

I'm planning to take a long walk today and make a giant pot of white turkey chili to satiate the ravenous house of T-rexes I'm with.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Ring ring, woke up late today.
I'm in - tomorrow is my birthday and I am so happy I will wake up feeling good.
Happy Birthday Seascape!
Got invited to the pub tonight to go and see my friends band play and it's his last gig before he goes travelling.As much as I want to go see him,sobriety ATM comes first and have to be selfish so im going to stay in and dog sit.Not strong enough in the slightest for these kind of things yet.
Glad to see you are serious about sobriety Django
Old 12-28-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Ringing in on Sat morning for another sober weekend. xxoo
Old 12-28-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Checking in; driving my son soon to his girlfriend's house and will pick him up later tonight. Trying to reframe my negative attitude. It's a struggle. It was so much easier when I was drinking to just head down to the bar and tie one on when I felt like this. Nothing to think about, just drink. Now I have to do something about this negative attitude. If I don't I could relapse and I know I don't want to do that. I do have a few good books. I have my pup to hang out with. I have a cross-stitch project I could pick up. Maybe Chinese take-out. These choices are so logical but yet so hard to actually do sometimes; this addiction thing sure is complicated.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Saturday check-in--thought it was Friday--with the holiday, I'm losing track of my days!

Did a lot of work yesterday and this morning, so I'm now enjoying: Day #2 of the Law & Order marathon, burning a "Holiday Garland" candle, playing the Sims 3. I need to go grocery shopping later (hate, hate, hate grocery shopping!)--trying to lose 5 pounds, so I'm making an effort to plan my meals. On tonight's menu--grilled tilapia, broccoli, and baked potatoes.

Love reading what everyone is up to. Hope everyone has a super, sober Saturday!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 11, but I'm here and sober.

AV was chatting me up earlier... it turns out he doesn't like being hit on the head with a frying pan.