Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

weekend thread come and stay sober sober with us 27th 28th & 29th december 2013

Notices

weekend thread come and stay sober sober with us 27th 28th & 29th december 2013

Old 12-27-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Where is ken and his thumb ? I think he's having a massage and going down the gym … so maybe he ain't surfaced from that yet ..
Isn't he in Maine, where there is no power? Perhaps he forgot to charge his battery.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ringus maximus! Glad to be here my friends. Was a quiet Christmas for me. Went to my dad's house twice. Managed to skip celebration number 3 yesterday. At work today, trying to stay focused. Want to be at home nestled in bed with some pulp to read. However, I'm grateful for work as I have several friends who are without. Got sad yesterday. Thinking of loss. What helped carry me through was watching many episodes of "Falling Skies" on Amazon. Campy? You betcha. Therapeutic? Probably not, but it got me through the day and I feel better today.

AO, really good to see you. Write us a long post if you want to talk. Big Hugs.

Ruby, your courage is amazing. Sounds like your man is pretty sick right now. I'm glad you are reaching out, going to a meeting.

Peace,
Cas
Old 12-27-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just been called into work tonight and I wasn't that bothered,but then got really pissed off with the people I work with.I was quite close to caving and telling them I'm not coming in and going down the pub.I didn't,but I'm ready to smash someone's face in!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in. Weekend number 2 for me.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Looking forward to a sober weekend. Inspired because I fell off the wagon last night and had four glasses of wine. Slept like crap, woke up with a lot of anxiety. Also embarrassed myself by not being able to follow a simple conversation.

I'm done with this crap.

Sitting at my desk as work with the goal just to make it through the day. Sad.

Next challenge will be New Year's Eve. Going to wife's sister's house. They are big drinkers. I need a plan. And I need to feel confident when we get together with my other (hostile) sister-in-law on Jan 2nd. She's always on the attack, and I need my wits about me.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

After today i don't go back to work till next year
I am jealous, I will be working New Year's Eve but it is a blessing in itself.

Ring ring I am in for a sober week end. I am working a bit from home today then I secretary my home group's meeting this afternoon. Otherwise, I do not have any major plan. Probably just chill with my best friend who is finished with his bender (yeaahhh!!...until next time ) and watch some movies.
Good to see new people on this thread.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey M... Ken is here. Had my head burried under the covers watching movies.

I leave for my meeting at 6. The minestrone soup is made... and have to say damn good.

I had a tough day. Thanks for asking about me.

But sober. so hope to meet new peoplpe at the meeting. Its a gay meeting.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm here. Stay warm, everyone. I'll be away watching movies tonight--and from what we're starting with (Jack Frost, 1998), it looks like they're going to be pretty bad--pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty bad.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm going to kick low key at home and am screening all my calls too. I still get calls from people who want the "hook up" this time of year for a lot of people I used to hang out with it's not a good time unless they have a big bag of "goodies". I was the go to for years for a lot of people, you would think a # change would help but it did not

Anywho, I will be staying busy and close the board for support and to give support.

Looking foward to the new year with all the great people I am meeting here on SR.

Love and Blessing,
FnL
Old 12-27-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Probably no meeting tonight. My old sponsor asked me to one tonight at 8 after I called her while freaking out last night. I didn't sleep well and my mother in law has been home with both kids, all day, and most likely needs a break. I know, excuses, excuses. I will hit one tomorrow at 8 a.m. and there is that holiday party at 7:30 (well, 8:30, after the open meeting is concluded).

Husband seriously delusional. Calling and talking like all this was his idea, and, well, blah, blah, blah. He texted me asking me to please call, he was bored. I am at work and not really in the mood to entertain him. No, seriously?!

I think minestrone soup sounds fantastic. Maybe I will make a pot of soup this weekend. And when I am done, I will cook something else. Stress drives me to the kitchen.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So the universe wanted to test me pretty early in my latest attempt of sobriety, two fingers were shown to said universe. So got called into work to find out the bloke left a little earlier than he should, ok no problem now just got to find out where he left the keys.

After finding out, i waited in the freezing f'ing cold for 45 minutes until i got them. I get in to my office to find the cameras have been broken. By this time i was ready to go Jackie Chan style on some poor sod.

I've calmed down now, and to be honest i would of snuck round the shop and got a bottle of whiskey, wouldnt matter if i was at work..sad i know. But i didn't, and its strange now that i'm committing to sobriety that i'm feeling...feelings!Its strange because i don't know how to deal with them!!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ringing in for the weekend sober and wanting to keep it that way!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I know django, I'm also trying to figure out what to do with my feelings.
It's a freakin roller coaster, one minute laughing, the next like doom day is coming.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
I know django, I'm also trying to figure out what to do with my feelings.
It's a freakin roller coaster, one minute laughing, the next like doom day is coming.
Crazy eh?!When i answered my phone when work rang i thought get in the bath then eat. So have a bath and i'm fine about it, go downstairs and my mum asks if i want to eat anything and i just snapped?f'ed if i know whats going on and how to deal with these mood swings.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Heya Mecanix and weekenders! I'm on holidays so I didn't even realise it was the weekend. I'm dawdling around cooking all day today, I have a big healthy homemade menu for tomorrow's family lunch including a decadent raw chocolate torte.

Tomorrow I'll be drinking lots of sparkling mineral water with fresh strawberries floating in the top!

Have a good one * ring ring *
Old 12-27-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well this is my first weekend at this since joining. Did a movie with daughter (her 5th time seeing it lol) now just reading, tomorrow wife has me doing things around the house the gym shopping then back home, Sunday I have skating with my daughter then to parents for dinner which is where I will not cave in. Being Italians they like their wine with dinner and so do I or should say so did I. I will not cave
Old 12-27-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Django View Post
Crazy eh?!When i answered my phone when work rang i thought get in the bath then eat. So have a bath and i'm fine about it, go downstairs and my mum asks if i want to eat anything and i just snapped?f'ed if i know whats going on and how to deal with these mood swings.
Give yourself a break (still apologize to your mom) you are in early sobriety and what you are going through is fairly normal. As your sober days pile up, you will start feeling better. What about renting a good movie tonight and maybe watching it with your mom?
Old 12-27-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Give yourself a break (still apologize to your mom) you are in early sobriety and what you are going through is fairly normal. As your sober days pile up, you will start feeling better. What about renting a good movie tonight and maybe watching it with your mom?
I did apologize to her and i do feel bad but its hard as she doesn't know to talk or to just stay quiet and i think she just tries to help by trying to talk. I get that but sometimes i can't help but to snap, luckily she gets that as well so at least were on the same wave length there.

I'm doing a night shift at work so not possible. And me and my mum don't have that kind of relationship, we get on don't get me wrong, but i dont like to get personal like that with her. I know to some watching a film with your mum isn't personal at all but its just the way i am. We are 2 completely different people if i'm honest.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Back from the meeting and back to the work at hand. Movies, covers, over head, with two cats. Maybe not over the head. The movies get boring that way.

Stay sober! Stay strong!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
SeaScape

I'm in - tomorrow is my birthday and I am so happy I will wake up feeling good. I just want to feel well rested and refreshed when I wake up which is the best thing ever! I plan to go to yoga and the movies. I bought myself some of those expensive whole foods cookies for desert tomorrow too. Thankful to all the threads