Notices

6th 7th & 8th of december 2013 weekend thread come join in

Old 12-06-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Just read an article that more stores in urban areas are adding a full bar to drink while shopping.

Hard to understand how we can push drinking like we do without regard for the effects.

It bothered me but it has been around for while they say.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lol ruby!!!! Festivus for the rest of us!!!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm in, too.

Hanging Christmas lights tomorrow if not raining, if raining, then Sunday. Plus more decorating. Want to take a long bike ride, maybe to the beach if it's dry.

Looking forward to oldest son's finals being over in a week, and having him home for the winter break.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Just read an article that more stores in urban areas are adding a full bar to drink while shopping.

Hard to understand how we can push drinking like we do without regard for the effects.

It bothered me but it has been around for while they say.
WOW

That's just a small step from "free drinks if you spend more than $50" marketing campaigns. SR needs to buy more bandwidth.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm in! Lots to do and bitter cold means spending the weekend indoors with an energetic toddler! As nice as I was earlier trying to convince myself that a "glass of wine" by the fire tonight would be, I know that would likely not be the case and I can NOT/ will not be feeling crappy!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This will be my first ever sober weekend.
I have an meeting at 9am, soon and i hope to go to one tonight and Sunday.
I will read more AA lit and do my housework.
Sunday is golf day but i will decide if i am going tomorrow morning.
Nice to have a clear head and hope this morning.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi all, I am in for a nice and sober weekend. Had almost 4 months sober and then fell off the wagon over Thanksgiving I want my sober life back. Having dinner with some family tonight then going away tomorrow night for my husbands holiday party. This is usually a drunk fest, but going to stay strong and enjoy the food this year instead of sneaking drinks in the bathroom. It will be so nice to feel good the next morning while everyone else (including hubby) is miserable and hungover.

Thanks for being here everyone!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ladybug ,
glad you came back quickly , almost 4 months is awesome . When i stopped all the drink was doing was making me feel lousy … i was kinda doing it because thats what i did !….. keep on …

everyone ,
I'm working this christmas , well on stand-by , so i'll come spend it with you all here if there is room round the SR table . I fancy eggs and bacon for christmas dinner and i might allow myself a chocolate cake .

I have a work doo to go to, but i'm going to avoid it and get home early and sober... Wooo Hoo

Off out tonight (fri) after 2 years sober am starting to "put myself out there"

Good evening , m
Old 12-06-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm in, my first full weekend of sobriety. This weekend involves family stuff and work. Helping in my sons hockey team practice tonight with an early bed time followed by wakign up to go into work for an important project, then my daughters' basketball game and poossibly watch a local college Christmas concert with two of my kids. Followed up on Sunday with my sons hockey game then a day of being active around the house.

Normally somewhere in that list would be several beers interupting the schedule, but not anymore.

Also, I am in for next weekend's thread already. Going to be an very challenging weekend with a Christams Party that would invoke my prior nasty habit.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

My wife is out of town that use to be an open invitation to drink my brains out. Now the thought process is what kind of fun things can I do that she doesn't like to do. The possibilities are endless. Go out to dinner to the new Lebanese restaurant with some of my AA buddies, watch old war movies, go to a meeting I've never been to before, make a big pot of my famous chili with homemade bread, finish decorating for Christmas, try to figure out what the heck I'm going to get her for Christmas, look for a new laptop or tablet, want to go to Ender's Game.

I think I'll encourage her to be gone for a few more days
Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

i'm in!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm in, a little late to the party. I've been kind of lethargic the last couple of days. I think it is that inertia I get after I write out my Christmas to-do list and then just don't know where to start. We have a tennis tournament for my daughter, basketball game for my son, and Christmas decorations to get put up this weekend. I am going out eat with my husband tonight. So, fun and busy. Ten weeks sober tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

on the train home from work. i love this new phone with internet access. my poor newspaper is feeling unloved lately. going home and hanging out with my daughter. she is 5 and has her christmas cards done. i just started. i think i am in trouble with this one trying to figure out what's for dinner.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good to see everyone! Read through the list so far and it looks like some positive weekend attitudes are here...

Home tonight, waiting (at 5:24pm) for my new rug to arrive from FedEX! I've been checking the website all day and it's said "on the truck for delivery". Well where the heck is this truck! I threw out my old area rug this morning, so now I have this cold, bare hardwood floor staring me in the face on this frigid winter night! Plus, I can't get my "relax" on just yet, knowing that maybe any minute now the FedEX guy will ring the buzzer and I'll have to run down 3 flights of stairs and haul this thing up here...oh the horror!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Happy Friday all! I'm in for another sober weekend, too! It's cold and snowy here so I may have to bust out my chili recipe tomorrow. I will need to substitute soda for the beer that I have in my original recipe but it will still be delicious. That reminds me... I need to defrost some beef!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

sweet! my new Kindle arrived! soooo ready to be wrapped up on my couch
Old 12-06-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Its cold and snowy in western pa! Rented movies to watch with my daughter tonight. Going to make some popcorn. . .tomorrow cooking a big pot of chili and having friends over for dinner . . .church on sunday then maybe some Christmas shopping!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend. Many Christmas lights will be strung up outside this weekend. Here's a funny thought that just hit me....the last time I drank was when I took them down. New traditions begin this year.

Congrats on 1 year, Cheebiechi!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Bad mommy! My daughter and I ate ice cream for dinner. Well, she ate dinner before I got home. I ate ice cream for dinner and she had a small bowl before bed. ugh! I'm subbing sugar for the alcohol again like I did last year. I put on 15 pounds while in treatment back in October 2012. But that was real food, not empty calories. I am a long way from looking like mrs. Claus but I have to be better.

My daughter is sleeping. We read Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and "the biggest Christmas tree ever." Fun although at five I don't know where she is getting saying "EV-VAH" for "ever." I am starting to hate Disney shows with teenagers in them.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm in! Going to get xmas cards tomorrow and maybe some light xmas shopping. Gotta buy baking supplies for all the goodies I'll be making as gifts (kinda broke this year with the new house). And, of course, the normal weekend house chores that don't get done during the work week. It's all sooo much easier while sober!!