Notices

6th 7th & 8th of december 2013 weekend thread come join in

Old 12-08-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hope everyone who is starting to get sick feels better soon! Lots of soup and rest for all!

Love hearing the stories from those of you with cats. We haven't had a cat in a few years (our current dogs have never met a cat and would probably pick one up in their mouths and shake it if they did), so I live vicariously. Olive, your bell ringing cat sounds brilliant! Also, Ruby, I can picture your loving, digital age, purring friends, stretched over your iPad. Man, I miss having a cat.

Nonsensical, glad your party was fun. I can definitely relate to your old "party, drinking strategy." Agree that it is much less work the new way.

Have a good evening everyone!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm checking in from my parent's house where I'm hanging out as my son has a group of friends over watching a movie. I'm trying to adjust to this new social scene of his of a girlfriend and gatherings at our small condo over the weekend; granted I'm glad but this recovering alcoholic doesn't like change! Continuing to be challenged with "should I leave him or shouldn't I". Trying to practice right sober thinking/action rather then my usual jumping in to a drama-filled hook-up. Really need a good snow fall here in VT as I can't get in to the whole holiday shopping "thing".
Old 12-08-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cathryn2001 View Post
Love hearing the stories from those of you with cats. We haven't had a cat in a few years (our current dogs have never met a cat and would probably pick one up in their mouths and shake it if they did), so I live vicariously. Olive, your bell ringing cat sounds brilliant! Also, Ruby, I can picture your loving, digital age, purring friends, stretched over your iPad. Man, I miss having a cat.
The cat learned to ring the bell from the dog. I taught the dog to ring it when he was small.
I will always have a dog and a cat in my life!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I'm in!! Stayed cooped up in the RV all weekend because of the cold and rain, however worked on overcoming my negative thinking and built a little counter top next to the kitchen sink counter top to have more space for all my junk, so overall staying on the path and feeling pretty good. Rootin for everyone.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Fa la la la la........

Finished making my ornaments. Made some peanut brittle, fudge and those little white snowball cookies with nuts and covered in powdered sugar.
I think I will take the dog for a small walk and then curl up with a book. I got 'Making Miracles in 40 Days' by Melodie Beattie on my kindle. She says to not read ahead to the exercise.....how did she know I was notorious for skipping to the back to see how things end.
I hope everyone is doing well this fine Sunday!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Sober weekend done ! Its a cold Monday morning but also a sober one ! yay
Old 12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Around Thanksgiving I was all like, bah humbug. But that was just the pills talking. Now I am getting into the spirit and loving what each and every one of you shares about your daily sober activities.

Christmas shopping was taxing. I came home exhausted. But I am feeling a little better after a nap. When you take opiates for so long and get used to the extra energy, you seriously miss it when it's gone....in the immediate beginning, that is. I don't miss it now. I am trying to be patient with my body as it readjusts to life without pills. I know over time it will get better.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday evening/Monday morning.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

We got all of the Christmas decorations up and stocked up on groceries. I feel a sense of relief and comfort and I am happy to have accomplished another sober weekend.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
~sb

my favorite cookies--those pecan balls!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

5 weekends in a row sober! What a great feeling! Already looking forward to next weekend. Lots of baking planned. Have a great week everyone!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

OK, checking out of the weekend sober. See you next weekend, and hopefully a bunch of new folks breathing the free air with us!

Be well, all!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Aww, I missed the sober weekend thread! Welp, checking in on Sunday, 12/08 sober

I hope everyone had a wonderful sober weekend
Old 12-08-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Checking out for the weekend! sober and well rested
Old 12-08-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

It is the end of my sober weekend as well. I made it thru a family gathering drinking sparkling water. I did have to duck out for a nap at the end but that's okay. I didn't drink and I am doing what needs to be done to take care of myself. Thanks all for being here! Now for a good night of sober sleep so I can be ready to tackle the day tomorrow. I have 4 exams to write this week.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Checking in! Heading to bed. Very late for me.

Great to see such sober holiday spirit! My tree is up and I think the cats like it.

Till next weekends thread! Have a safe and sober week!

Ken