Notices

6th 7th & 8th of december 2013 weekend thread come join in

Old 12-06-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Mmm...baked goods!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Ring, ring. This weekend I have a list of things to do around the house and for work. Sometimes making lists backfires because I get overwhelmed and don't actually DO any of it. So I have a new tactic: I will view the list as an array of choices of things to be doing, but I don't have to complete them all. I can just pick one at a time and see where it goes.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Question a new day

first time actively accepting I have a problem. I thought if I made the rent kept the lights on I was cool. I see I am so uncool. November 27th seems like a year. ii am ready to take steps to improve the quality of my life. no more walking with blinders on. I don't have friends with similar issues so im sure they would say straighten up and fly right i'll read the post to get ideas for what to do when you have no one to reach out to
Old 12-06-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I think your idea is a good way to start. Holding in makes urges stronger. I think I will start by saying out loud I really want to but I don't have to
Old 12-06-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Checking in!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I'm in! I will be 5 months sober tomorrow x
Old 12-07-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Congrats Louise ! Keep rocking !!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

18 hour workdays for me. I'll behave this weekend again! Stay tough everyone.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

@ Ruby ,
CaiHong in the healthy eaters support group suggested "raw ice cream" it's based mostly on cut up and then frozen banana put into a blender … it can help for those of us with the "need" for ice cream but in a healthy way , use a search engine to find recipes

@ Everyone ,

Hey hey hey , saturday morning here … i used to be hungover and mardy all day because i'd have to use a car and drive to take my mum supermarket shopping for 1/2 and hour at 7 pm … I'm a lot happier and a better son these days, i can give my time a lot more freely, i was so stingy with me and my time as a drunk ..

*ring ring* the first bell is calling out to you as a bell of mindfulness , STOP , what are you doing ? Appreciate your alive and how glorious this moment is ,
The second bell is the freedom bell calling out to you , you can be free of drink and drugs in the here and now .

Personally i'm recuperating today after staying out late last night off out again tonight

The only chore is to take the old girl shopping (mum) and i think i need to mop the kitchen , so i'm going to sit and watch educational telly ( time team) most of the morning ..

Take care y'all , m
Old 12-07-2013, 02:55 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ho Ho Ho ... Weasel is in the house!

Two people I know from New York are up visiting Portland. I met them yesterday and wow. I knew they drank but she was tipsy when I got there. It only went downhill. Seeing it got me angry. Not because I wanted to drink but because the disrespect of asking to meet someone and then being looped.

Well we went to two different restaurants. One for oysters and another for more filling food. Both drank heavily. I crossed my mind numerous times but she had pissed me off and I did not like what I saw.

We are getting together at 11 this morning so I can drive them around to all the lighthouses and pretty spots. Then I will be dropping them off. They want to watch sports all afternoon. Whatever.

This person is going Xmas tree shopping at 7 when the stores open. Have the sparse tree and need to have fun with it. Be creative.

I tell ya.... Last night was a reminder. I woke and gave thanks the second I could think. First thought. I cannot go back there. It's too damn scary. Do I want to drink? Hell yes. But it's what comes next I don't want.

See past that drink! It's keeping me alive.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey K ,
whats interesting for me is that this body rejects alcohol , always , tries to eject it as quick as possible . The bats in my belfry (thoughts in my mind) were the only thing that was driving the obsession , how they came to roost there i'm not sure is important , it's knowing how to deal with them effectively .

Must be interesting to see people from that old ken's life , i'm sticking with the new ken

bestwishes, m
Old 12-07-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Checking in clean and sober. Looking like a cold rainy day here, so I'll have to find some indoor chores. There's never nothing to do when you own a house.

I paid my bills this morning. I let them pile up for 2 or 3 weeks then pay them all on a Saturday morning. I have the radio on in the background. They do a radiothon for the local children's hospital every December and I want to make my annual donation. It's unusual for me to have the radio on while I am doing other things. I'm a guy, I can't multitask!

My lovely wife cracks me up. On weekdays I have to drag her out of bed with a tractor. Now it's the weekend and she's up at 6 reading the paper.

Civic League holiday party tonight. We'll go early and leave early so I can see the Big Ten championship game tonight. My next door neighbor is also a displaced Buckeye, so he will probably be on the same pattern. That's the same neighbor whose bushes I face-planted in last March on a horrific bender. I think he's in AA. He told me before he had 'given it up', and we saw him pulling into a church parking lot once on a weekday morning at a time I know there's a meeting there (because I've been to it - just not that day!)

Anyways, I babble. Happy Saturday all!
Old 12-07-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Ok... Try as I might.... Tacky is just not my color. I caved and got the standard wangdinglers and snapdoodlers and tangtanglers for my tree. And way cool lights.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Old 12-07-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

my tree has most ornaments wired to it...the cats methodically undress it every year. pre-lit is the way to go! especially with curious kittens.

i'm not well today...( bathroom virus, ugh)...i have much to do and need to take the dog for his spa day. my daughter is driving up to take al the big fancy decorations no longer use...she wants to do a large tree at her house. this also involves cleaning a big storage closet...i have to bite the bullet and get this crapola done.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

If you want to make it tacky K then just buy more wangdinglers and snapdoodlers and tangtanglers . Tasteful is usually about discrimination and choice , so if you just blow those two concepts outta the water then you will get what you want …

If one christmas tree is good then two has got to be bettera hasn't it ? especially if one is gold and the other silver , and the gold one has silver wangadoodles and the silver one gold jibbertyflibberts .

I'd also recommend a santas flashing grotto preferably with anamatronics and music

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-07-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Ring, ring!

Had a lovely sober evening, volunteering at a holiday, PTA event at my son's school. Never would have done this before (had to get home to drink ), so it was nice. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much stronger my holiday spirit is, now, than during previous Decembers (clearly, I was numb).

Today, we are going into the city to visit the aquarium. My boys are super excited, and I'm grateful to have these experiences with them, as one day, they're going to be less interested in spending time with me and their dad. Again, looking forward to being fully present, instead of white knuckling the day, longing for the moment I'd get to start drinking (i.e. "Let's stop at that restaurant for a snack!").

Have a happy, sober Saturday, everyone! Enjoy those holiday parties, shopping excursions, and ornate trees! For those who have to work, hope it goes well (fast!). Feel better, Fandy!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi all. Checking in for the day. Kids are watching spongebob and talking at me from two different directions. I am gearing up to fight them to go to church to help decorate where I will most likely referee their squabbles about who does what and who goes first. They are at that age.

Went to a meeting this morning which marginally helped with a foul mood I've been harboring. Anger is corrosive. I have to remember that. It will save my life.

Decorating will cheer me. Time to get rolling out. See you all later! No trees for us until next weekend.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

So the folks that asked me to take them around at 11 this morning text and asked to make it 11:30. They said they had too much fun last night and are just getting up.

I remember vividly waking up like that when visiting places. It only means they will resume being drunk rather quickly if they drink. So tour... Quick lunch.. And then I'm outta there.

BTW... I was up at 5:30 and have a clean house... Fed and cleaned cats and some Xmas shopping in already.

Sobriety rules!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

My SECOND sober weekend. Never thought I'd make it!

I am trying to take pleasure in the little sober things....my kitty in my lap, for example.

Right now I am trying to just be kind to myself.

I don't have any plans really, although we had some lousy weather and I really am itching to get out of the house for a little shopping or something.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!