Notices

So now it's my weekend?!

Old 12-08-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face So now it's my weekend?!

I've managed to do really well these last few days. But today starts my weekend..........I used to drink these days. I figured why not? It's my time, right? And then Tuesday would come around again and I'd gotta NOTHING done and no money, and hungover. So when I got out of bed today I tried NOT to overthink it. I usually spend Sundays watching football and drinking, but, today I'm watching old Christmas movies and drinking tea. I plan on going out for a short hike in a few, but it's soooooo damn cold! I think it might help with this "lost" feeling that I'm having today! Kinda like something is missing but I'm not even really wanting to drink. Is this normal? I managed to have a really great last few days just concentrating on what I'm gaining from this and new ways to spend time and less $$! Why do I kind feel sad?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
jkb

Wow...Leadville, CO and your thinking of hiking???? Anyway.... hi there neighbor.

If it helps any football was one of the toughest things I had to learn how to do sober. At first I just didn't watch it but... I LOVE IT TOO MUCH so I started watching it just with NA beer and now I dont even bother with the NA beer... I just drink sprite.

Anyway I know how damn cold it is....lol

Jess
Old 12-08-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LOL I know it's way cold but, just getting out the house for a bit.......the library is always fun and FREE!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you've been doing well. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll be fine.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today was better than I thought! I did go out for a few and then came home and made cookies! Didn't get much done today....but what I did do I did sober!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Great, It's not unusual to feel sad at times. No one can feel marvellous all the time.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

you are mourning the loss of your alcohol. write it a goodbye letter.

I had your "weekend" when I got sober, you can stay stopped, if you want it badly enough!!

hugs
Old 12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I live in California and it's been in the 30s and 40s here (frigid for us beach folks). I had a flash thought today that a few slugs of something would really feel good, really warm me up. I worked my way past these thoughts (damn AV knows no boundaries) and made some cinnemon-apple tea, and you know what, it tasted damn good, really warmed me up, hardly cost anything, and I felt fine a few hours later-take that AV! I relate this because I think that we feel like we "lost" something, and thus start feeling sad, but really we are gaining--control, clarity. . .the list goes on.