Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Notices

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Old 11-03-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Nine months today, folks! It feels like forever, it feels like yesterday. Thank you, everyone here at SR - it's a great place to be
Old 11-03-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Had brunch with a bunch of my cousins and my Dad; it was fun seeing everyone and good to talk about my Uncle that we lost not long ago. Watching football and waiting for a call from my son to pick him up later. Feels good to be able to engage in these type of life activities rather than glued to the couch nursing the previous night's hangover.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Yes- If you could see how hideous my picture of me on day 1 yesterday was: blotchy skin, swollen eyes, red skin, glazed eyes- like the light has gone out in them.....I look like I had been trick or treating or some other part of Halloween! I do plan to take the pic each week because if I remind myself of what I DID look like hungover it is just terrible!!!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by upandup View Post
Nine months today, folks! It feels like forever, it feels like yesterday. Thank you, everyone here at SR - it's a great place to be
Congradulation ! Great job
Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders, was up early this morning with the wacky DST thing. Made some pancakes, did a bunch of yard work, and now getting ready to practice my neglected guitar. Feeling good today and glad to be sober. I'm keeping thoughts of my relapse last week close. Not so I can wallow in shame, but rather so I don't forget how awful it was. How powerless I became.

Flying4Life - nothing like waking up knowing that your day is free and not already wrecked by a hangover
gman - big congrats on a your 5 days! w00t!!
Oceanlady - so glad to hear about your 67 days! That's a lot of hard work.
Double D - 36 days! yay!!!
me1983 - Welcome! and way to go on your 5 days!!
LittleSparrow - I like black beans in my chili as a meat substitute. I've also been putting in some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Jessicacat1 - yeah, Zombie Apocalypse fo sho when I'm boozin' it hard. So glad you are looking and feeling better. The sleep will improve.

Peace,
Cas
Old 11-03-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Congrats on your nine months up and up!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Closing out my fifth sober weekend in a row. I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been easy, but I get by with a little help from friends. (you awesome, SR friends, you) See you next weekend. Ring, ring !!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

whew, made it through. A bi tougher this time as I had a dinner function last night where I had to choose the wine ! However, it wasnt as bad as I expected. Lovely sober Monday today !
Old 11-03-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I've made it through the weekend! Still a few hours to go but I know for sure I won't be drinking.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Another successful weekend! Thanks everyone! I reached my 2 month milestone yesterday
Old 11-03-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

End of another sober weekend! Last night was rough, but I took that nervous energy and channeled it into something good. I taught myself how to crochet lol
Old 11-04-2013, 02:57 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Sundays are my most difficult day. Up till 68 days ago, I would cook all afternoon with a glass of wine at my side....family would arrive for happy hour before dinner...another 2 0r 3 glasses.then dinner, more wine...sometimes did not remember what I ate.....
Now 3 of us are recovering together! No happy hour..I have dinner on the table when they arrive and we linger over and desert! Children ask what's for happy hour..I tell them we are not eating those fatty snacks anymore ,just sweet, high calorie deserts!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ocean lady... That's awesome! Happy for you.

Off to work. Up early. Things are starting to settle but feeling low and motivation is less than it should be. Things will pick up so I just let the emotions lay. No need to go far in any new direction. This was expected. I have enough common sense to know it. So... The old ken would jump on it... The new ken knows its a carpet waiting to be pulled from under me should I take the bait.

Have a great week my fellow weekenders.

I have spent several weeks now low key. It has been tough for me to reach out or join in fully. But that will be changing.

Ken
Old 11-04-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Spinning Sober

Monday has arrived. I'm still sober and feeling good. *ring ring*