Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Notices

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Old 11-02-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Well I've made progress this weekend - have switched addictions from icecream to cornflakes with banana - AM working on lettuce for the future
Old 11-02-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

To oldselfagain
Well done! Through tears and pain we grow. We must walk through and feel.
Alcoholics hate pain....lets face it thats exactly why we drank....to escape it.
So well done to you....one day at a time.
remember .....pain is the fertilizer to growth and God will never give you more than you can handle. God loves you!
Old 11-02-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am joining today. It's day 1 and I am full of optimism but still a bit scared inside. The thought of waking up with a clear head tomorrow is a new one for me.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hi Jessicacat1 ,
welcome to SR
Old 11-02-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

i'm in, albeit late on saturday morning, but as they say "better late than drunk"

have an awesome, soberlicious, weekend all!
Old 11-02-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Well I have decided to actually take the weekend off of work and live some life . Taking a nice drive through the hills and along the beaches tomorrow ..... Aaahhh life is good xxx
i grew up dreaming about surfing Bells Beach ... have a good w-e!
Old 11-02-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It's 5:50 am in Costa Rica....woke up at 5:00 am on Saturday....outside, sipping coffee and having a morning smoke (cigarette). I am ready for this weekend....sober! Count me in! 18 days....
Old 11-02-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Portland

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Since moving to Maine I have friends that all want to visit... Lol... So I have someone visiting this weekend. There is an art walk that is fantastic tonight. Portland opens all the galleries and people move between them socializing and commenting on the art or just goofing around. I am sure I will see people that knew me back in the day. But I am secure in what doing these days but I leave nothing to chance. Guard up!

I bought a really nice roaster pan... I know ... Woo hoo... Anyway I want to make a prime rib.... Mmmmmmmm

I want to be here reading and supporting if I can.

I won't be sabotaging my present with my past today. That's my promise I have been repeating every morning recently. It seems to help set my day up.
Qwoow

Ken
I will be out to dinner in Portland tonight! I'll be the one with the diet Pepsi with a lemon! Ha ha
Old 11-02-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Lets do our sober weekend
Old 11-02-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I have to meet my son's girlfriend's parents for the first time tonight. They invited us to their house because the kids are going to Homecoming. They invited us to take pictures and for drinks. I felt so stressed when my son's girlfriend asked us to come. I have never ever gone anywhere where drinks were being served and requested a non-alcoholic drink, except when I was pregnant. (I am on Day 35 of sobriety) I've been worried about it and I prayed about it. So then a couple of days ago my other son, a freshman, asked us to drive he and his friends to various Homecoming activities and to the dance and then back home. So, now I have the perfect excuse to refuse an alcoholic beverage without stammering or feeling stupid. I know a lot of you are further along in your sobriety and probably don't see this as a big deal, but I haven't really made a point of making my quitting drinking a public thing just yet. I am learning new behaviors that just feel so foreign to me. So, wish me well!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

It is a beautiful morning. It's fabulous to have a great night sleep and to wake up clear and fresh. I could get used to this...
Old 11-02-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

You can do it doubledragons! Now, you DO have the perfect words to use. You are the DD.....interesting, considering your name on SR...lol....Godshot?
Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Met a friend late last night at a local watering hole....W.O.W!! It was sooooooo different being there sober! As I haven't been in a bar atmosphere for 11 months, I've been thinking how I was somewhat missing out. I am glad that I went because it made me realize that I'm not missing out on anything fun at all! It was nice to listen to music and see my friend but that was it. Drunk obnoxious people, drama stories, and lots of desperation all around...not my idea of fun anymore. I did smoke two cigarettes and had a soda with caffeine in it...that was as large as I lived. I slept in later than usual this morning and as I'm drinking my coffee I'm reflecting on how grateful I am to be living a sober lifestyle....this I'm realizing is really living. Keep strong people...glad you are back Cas
Old 11-02-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders, still here, still sober. Reading the posts reminds me of how serious our disease is, but how freeing recovery is. This thread is no joke. Going shopping to back fill furniture that left during the divorce. I hate shopping so it will be a quick trip. I hope the first couch I see isn't pink leather, because it might end up in my house. lol.

zoomi, stay close. We understand cravings, big time.

M, kadidee, thank you for your kind words. Gave me confidence this morning.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Spinning Sober

Cool

*ring ring*
Old 11-02-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

DoubleDragons, I am on Day 35 of sobriety? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulation. Yes, you have the perfect excuse not to drink, so please go and enjoy yourself. Rootin for ya.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Pink leather couches rock Cas , especially with some friesian cow print cushions *chuckle* .

Sobriety is defiantly no joke and alcohol was very nearly deadly for me , i know some people might mistake something said in a light and gentle way as flippant but i think showing that sobriety can be good , fun and glorious life affirming experience is important .

I also think that sometimes people might want to post something or anything to touch base with other drinkers and druggers in recovery without having to say anything much , advise anything or ask anything … thats why i came up with *ring ring* and have used it as a bit of a motif ..

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-02-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi all, I was thinking last night that I'm grateful not to 'have' to drink anymore. Toward the end, it got to where I drank whether I wanted to or not. Sobriety brings freedom.

Today, I have gotten through 4 loads of laundry and ordered a b'day gift for a friend online, and it will actually come in on time for her birthday. These kinds of small things that 'normal' people do effortlessly never, ever got done when I was drinking.

Happy sober Saturday, weekenders!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Totally relate kadidee about the "small" things that normal people do on a regular basis...they are HUGE for those of us in early sobriety! I, too, am feeling accomplished doing laundry today, sweeping and scrubbing a few floors, and planning for dinner tonight. I may even pay a few bills and return some library books....ON TIME!
Old 11-02-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi all. I've decided that I'm just staying for the kids portion of the Halloween party and then bringing my niece and daughter back home for a girls night. I'm really looking forward to it, and I won't be around the alcohol for the adult party. I just don't want to be around that many people who will be loaded. Doesn't sound like fun to me.