Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Notices

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Night weekenders. Closing out this sober Saturday. This thread has helped me immensely. Really grateful for all of you.

*ring ring*,
Cas
Old 11-02-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Went out on a nice little coffee date tonight. Had fun and a few laughs. Felt really good about myself. It was nice to get dressed up and go out on a Saturday night feeling safe and in control of myself. I love being sober!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sunday evening here and it's been a relaxed weekend. No major dramas, thankfully ! One more function and it's Monday morning !
Old 11-03-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sunday , sunday ,

Hope everyone is ticking along ok , only 17 hours to go here in the UK till monday ( only an alike can count hours down with relief till mondays , although it does change, weekends are back to being nowhere near long enough ) .

Am thinking a bit about the job stuff , not like i would have when i was a drinker , i try not to obsess about anything in the future or the past nowdays ( there is more than enough to deal with getting through today ) . So i think the thing to do is to be cool, put my C.V. out there and see what fate, the universe or god if you will, has in store for me .

One day at a time , feet in the gutter , eye to the stars , stay humble and honest , i always feel the ghost of my SR family with me , thanks to you all .

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-03-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Sunday morning and a clear head.....THAT is something I have not felt for a long time!

Today is day two for me and I did find myself a bit restless in the night- a bit hot and cold and my mind was a bit active. I also had some discomfort (I think in the liver on the right side under the ribs) but it is better this morning than yesterday am. Perhaps this is the side effects of coming off regular, sustained drinking?

I took a picture of me on my phone yesterday when I got up- the start of day 1. My god I looked rough. Only 24 hours later I took the same pic and I look less blotchy and a bit more awake. wonder what the same pic will look like a week on?
Old 11-03-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Jessica - it's a great feeling, waking up without a hangover on a Sunday isn't it That's a great idea about taking photos, wish I'd thought of that.
Day 21 here and relaxing with weekends a bit now - suddenly they're not as scary anymore.

Well done everyone - stay strong Xx
Old 11-03-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Up early as usual these days. Only it's daylight savings and now I am up an hour earlier. I see a nap in my future.... And not one of those pass out at noon and get up for the second round of drinking naps. I still cannot believe I used to do that EVERY weekend both days.

Lol... I see a kitty paw under the door... Guess someone's hungry...

K
Old 11-03-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey Weasel,

I'm up with you in the States. Early as heck, ain't it? I usually wake up around this time on weekdays, but I've actually been up for an hour already. Not sure what the deal is...but it's not uncommon for me to wake up super-early on weekends. I've always been a morning person and love to be up at daybreak. Looks like we'll both have that opportunity this morning.

I see a nap coming my way as well. I'm thinking at halftime of the noon NFL games might be perfect. Funny you mentioned the kitty paw, the cat I had growing up used to do that also. Always nice to have a buddy who's awake with you on these early mornings!

Hope everyone else on the thread (mecanix & co) are having a great Sunday. Cheers folks!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Really good to see you BigS! Not sure I have seen you around as much. Glad to see you are well.

Ken
Old 11-03-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yeah Ken, I took a break for a while. Needed to get offline and recharge and refocus, and things are going great in the "real world" these days. Feels good to be back on SR for the right reasons. I'm looking forward to reading, posting and sharing on weekends when I have time, just probably not so much during the week.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Couldn't sleep at all tonight. On day 5 now so I still feel better without sleep than I did with a hang over. Forgot about daylight saving times, so it 3:30 im up instead of 4:30. Oh well more time to read around here.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Went out for dinner with my daughter (also recovering) and two grandchildren...so nice for both of us to come to this point when the food, talking with kids and making plans for next ladies night out was so much more important than drinking....day 67 and still finding out the true me!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Sunday morning here in Costa Rica! Another beautiful day in Paradise! Walking, yoga and working out on the agenda for today....and planning with hubby for a busy day in town tomorrow....Up with the sun at 5:30am today...nice to have some quiet time while watching/listening to the ocean and the monkeys! Happy Sober Sunday everyone!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It feels so good to wake up in the morning without regrets! I am just putting on the coffee now
Old 11-03-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday. Day 36 here. Looking forward to centering myself and calming my emotions with some much-needed yoga.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

day 4 and feeling amazazing! I actually got sleep last night! I feel like a million bags of bacon today. All is right with the world, lol!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Ahh, Sunday morning without a hangover. This is great. Going to have a cup of coffee and then do some housework before I head off to a chili cookoff. I'm just tasting though, not entering any chili. I'm still figuring out how to change my old chili recipe into a vegetarian version. One thing I've found out is that chunks of seitan is NOT the answer. Maybe just a whole lot of beans.

Stay strong today!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I use green lentils in a vegi chilli instead of meat and often put in some flageolet beans as well as red kidney beans

m
Old 11-03-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jessicacat1 View Post
I took a picture of me on my phone yesterday when I got up- the start of day 1. My god I looked rough. Only 24 hours later I took the same pic and I look less blotchy and a bit more awake. wonder what the same pic will look like a week on?
Now THAT is a good idea! Lord knows, my alcohol habit has put 15 pounds on me. My vanity is an EXCELLENT reason to not drink.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Three days in, first weekend in a LONG time that I haven't had a drink. So far, so good.

The hardest thing was not seeing my friends on Friday night. They were supposed to come over for a Dia de los Muertos get together, but the universe stepped in and one in our group mentioned she wasn't up for it. then I jumped in that I wasn't up for it either. Then they all went to our favorite restaurant/bar up the street and texted me three for four times to come out with them. I didn't. I wanted to. But I didn't. I stayed in, licked my wounds and watched bad television. But I didn't drink. This will be my challenge. My friends who CAN be casual drinkers, and who are my drinking buddies - not sure how much I can interact with them for a while.

It's lonely right now, but there are worse things than being lonely. There's blacking out, there's drinking so much wine you have gastritis, there's the $$$ flying out the window, there's the blotchy skin, there's the constant tiredness, and there is the aching feeling that you can't control your drinking.

So yeah, loneliness is temporary...alcoholism isn't.