Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Notices

5 4 3 2 1 The weekend thread starts here , come join in 1 2 3 Nov 2013

Old 11-02-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'm late but I'm here and sober! I don't feel like doing anything today, so that's just what I'm doing. It's a gray, chilly day, so I'm hanging out under some blankets and I'm going to read a book. It's so quiet, cozy, and peaceful in my home right now. I used to think that was boring, but now I'm loving it!

Old 11-02-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

M... Ring ring... I know what it's like to post a hello and try not to ask for help when I need it desperately.

I volunteered at a domestic abuse hotline. Thought I can do this. I have been there... But wow... So in training the person teaching the class said that there are calls where the person is only asking about the weather.... I was like what???

I understood in a moment that they were not asking about the weather. They did not know the words to put to what was going on.

Maybe there are others like me.... Maybe post about the weather.

Reach out however..... The weather in Maine today is warm and sunny. Breezy... How is the weather by you?

K
Old 11-02-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Yeh you got the idea K ..
Sometimes talking around stuff is easier than talking about stuff , and i remember what it is like clicking that refresh button wondering if there is going to be something new to read or get me out of myself a bit …. Sooo the weekend thread rolls on

Saturday evening here , wind is blowing again , i'm tucked up under the covers (wireless keyboard and mouse are a great invention ) I have the radio on BBC radio 4 & 4 extra and am feeling snuggly .

Bestwishes, m
Old 11-02-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm warm and cosy in London too, Mecanix. Just walked back from an AA meeting and a gust blew my hat off. Now I'm cooking a curry and listening to a bit of music. I was determined that this weekend would be a sober one and thanks to a LOT of face to face support from people in AA and texts and phone calls from my recovery friends, it has been so far. Just can't bear the idea of getting smashed again and turning up hungover for work next week.

Hope other people on SR are facing a potentially lonely Saturday night knowing that we have each other for company.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Wind is blowing here in Seattle too! Knocked out my power and when it came back on one of my satellite tv boxes was shot. Three days for them to send me a new one. Oh well, the one in the bedroom still works! Looks like I will be going to bed early tonight!
Hope everyone is safe and sober!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Olive.... Did you cook? I have a pork roast in the oven.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Olive.... Did you cook? I have a pork roast in the oven.
Pork roast sounds divine! Cranberry sauce and sweet potato?

Beef shank cooking in the wine free pom juice as we write! Long grain brown rice and something green. It will be ready in a couple hours!
I love slow cooking on a rainy windy day!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Olive... Love it! I have red and gold potatoes boiling... Going to mash them with butter and sour cream.... Mmmmm... The roast is almost done... Just cut it up with carrots celery onion and garlic... Cannot wait.

Always better to smell cooking them booze in the house.

Good for you. Enjoy!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

day 30

After struggling the last 14 days.... I give.... I'm going to phych ward for 3 to 5 day evaluation. Some weekend
Old 11-02-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Chicken roasting with lemon, pepper, garlic and oregano. Roasted potatoes on the side. All in the Greek style. Wish I had some dandelion greens to go with them. Just have to roll with a salad.

M, K, I think it's true. Much easier to talk about the weather, than things eating you from the inside out. There is certainly a duality. light/dark, AV/Sober Guy. I think Sober Guy asks for help. Need to get up close and personal with that guy. That being said, sometimes we are simply grateful for good weather. Sunny and 50 F/10 C here today.

No cravings to report today or last night, but Saturday night can be tough and lonely. I've got American Horror Story ready to go. Keeping busy. Will post if I get squirrelly.

Yours,
Cas
Old 11-02-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

TR, do you want to share with us some more? What's going on? Thinking about you. Glad you are reaching for help.
Yours,
Cas
Old 11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

TrikRiky, day 39 is FANTASTIC. Rootin for ya.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

TR mentioned in another post they may be taking his phone while he is in evaluation...

Rainy, windy, and cold here in VT but snug inside...just made brownies and had a warm one from the oven with peppermint ice cream....YUM!

I hope everyone stays strong tonight.....
Old 11-02-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Just got home from dropping my kids off at my Mom's for the night. She made dinner for us all also... Yum. I now have an appointment with my big bath tub and a face mask!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Made it home without issue. Everyone was already drinking, and some were already obnoxious. Glad I got out of there when I did . Looking SO forward to a quiet night at home.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Going with wife to visit our daughter tomorrow to celebrate her 25th birthday.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Man I'm productive when sober. Usually Halloween decorations would still be up during thanksgiving. Not anymore.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

This is a great thread mecanix , i love seeing what everyone's up to . We can do sober stuff ;-) xxx great idea
Old 11-02-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jt1234 View Post
Man I'm productive when sober. Usually Halloween decorations would still be up during thanksgiving. Not anymore.
It's sad to see the houses where this is the case. I always suspect something is not quite right,
Old 11-02-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

*ring ring* everybody!

I made it through the weekend, SOBER and 10 days TOBACCO FREE!