Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekenders , the weekend thread 25th 26th &27th of OCT 2013 , join in :)

Notices

Weekenders , the weekend thread 25th 26th &27th of OCT 2013 , join in :)

Old 10-26-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 14 and happily sober Have a great Sunday everyone Xx
Old 10-26-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning from an hour changed UK so it's 6:30 here not 7:30 errk , i will go back to bed later and have a doze .

I will keep an eye out for the british "hurricane" but living in the south east means the weather is pretty sedate compaired to the west & north of the uk and it's all pretty tame compaired to you all in the US of A .

Lets get through sunday, those with hangovers cuddle up in your doona and get through , stay close , check in . Those of us thankfully free of hangovers can do likewise

Lets get this day mooving , i'm off for coffee and some streaky smoked ( no not streaking , i could hear the giggles from over there )

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-27-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Just checking in... How about a roll call? By Sunday we tend to be a bit quieter than Friday afternoon when that feeling is upon us.

Ken - weasel - here! Sober!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

me-can-IX , sober since MMXI IX and no plans to change . here sober

Watching daft films again , was thinking about getting active earlier in the day but i'm enjoying slobbing out , no sign of the hurricane yet , blue skies and sunny .

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-27-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning, starting Day 29, thanks to SR and especially my October group who talked me out of a glass of wine that I was very, very tempted to have, but I did not. Yay!! We have family carving pumpkins day today, so it will easily be a fun, alcohol free event!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

mecanix - a leaf just blew past my window - the UK is doomed, I tell ya lol x
Old 10-27-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Peace here -sober ! Been a bit of a struggle this weekend but made it through
Old 10-27-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm here on Sunday morning! I'm at about three and a half months.

Woke up all stuffed up, yet slept super well (the appreciation for not waking up to a hangover never fades). Felt a bit wistful while looking at FB--so many photos from Halloween parties--may need to deactivate my account for the holidays because I only end up feeling like I'm missing out on something. Looking forward to a happy, low key day with my DH and boys. Going to read, take a bubble bath, and get ready for the week ahead.

Bravo to all who have resisted temptation this weekend! Happy, happy sober Sunday to all!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

#stormageddon and #stormwatch are trending on twitter - how embarrassing. We're going to look like a nation full of wimps at this rate
Old 10-27-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Skye2, I just googled your storm (I'm in MD in the US)--it sounds like it will be crazy! Is it logging to be like a mild to moderate hurricane or will there be snow? Stay warm and dry!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Cathryn - it will probably at worst be a few trees blown over They do tend to dramatise everything over here.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Happily sober on Sunday....day 13! Plans to garden, walk on the beach and go over some insurance claims with the hubby. Feeling great!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Flying here!
I had a great long sleep and I am ready for a day of getting a head start on my school assignments, doing laundry, watching videos, and just relaxing the day away.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ahhh... Back in Maine and relearning the art of driving slow!

1- indiscriminately brake when no one is in front of you.
2- there are speed limits that MUST be obeyed.
3- remember that it's about the journey not the destination.
4- finally.... Horns must be an option in Maine because I drove like a New Yorker and no one apparently had one.

"Maine... The way life should be!"
Old 10-27-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Citrus here at 8 days! I slept well last night, I think my "small" dose of melatonin might be to much, I got up in the middle of the night to pee and I swear I fell asleep on the toilet for a few minutes! Lol... I'll half the pill if I take it again.
I'm having an emotional day. (cough.... feminine issues.... cough) I'm ready to climb in a hole and wait until tomorrow. My kids are annoying the heck out of me, God love them... but I'm ready for three of the four to go back to school tomorrow! I am knitting and stuffing my face with chocolate chip cookies I made earlier. I'm trying to get myself ready to carve pumpkins... someone pass me a little patience, please!
Old 10-27-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

The child is out trick-or-treating with her friends, and I'm doing laundry while watching football! My Chargers are on a bye, so I'm watching all the NFC North games. Roasting pumpkin seeds too. I love fall...so many wonderful things going on, and this year I'm enjoying them all sober
Old 10-27-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Citrus, I get it. I am ready for all four of mine to go back to school and my cranky husband to go back to work! I, too, am semi-looking forward to the pumpkin carving trying not to envision the gross mess of it all. (I guess I am the Great Pumpkin Grinch) I think I am in the height my cycle, too. Blah!

Good thing is, I am not really craving a drink; just really, really tired. Anyone else going through tiredness lately?? I actually sleep well now, without any sleep aids. I go to bed by ten pm, I sleep until 6:30/ 7 and I am still tired. It's driving me crazy. Is this normal in sobriety?
Old 10-27-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I think it might be DD. I am exhausted all the time. I feel like I could sleep for a week.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

DD, I'm glad you can relate!! I can get over the pumpkin mess but I know that about half an hour in I the boys (3 of them) will get bored and I will get stuck with finishing their pumpkins! They always look so neat done though!

I really haven't been really tired during the day until today and I really feel like I could just hibernate all day!

AV is really going after me hard this afternoon, the worst it has been in this week. Sigh. GO AWAY AV!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I was tired for about the first month ,
saturday mornings in bed and waking up sober snuggled down were wonderful though . Remeber you're getting over a deadly disease , don't have to be the perfect , mum , husband , housewife , ....anything , just let yourself repair and recuperate time for all the other stuff when you're stronger .

Bestwishes, m