Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekenders , the weekend thread 25th 26th &27th of OCT 2013 , join in :)

Notices

Weekenders , the weekend thread 25th 26th &27th of OCT 2013 , join in :)

Old 10-26-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring and ringing in my 8th week end
Need to keep busy and not become too complacent my AV is never too far away.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all - day 13 beginning here and feeling strong Hope everyone's ok? Xx
Old 10-26-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning everyone!

Soberclover... I am so happy you are chooseing to take care of yourself. Anything going on around you is just that... around you. Remove yourself like you have and dont make anything happen inside you... you know what I mean? Put that wall up. This is you life... and the people that are using around you wont care about you like you do and I and SR care.

-------------

Up early.. made a list of things to do. I find a list helps me only if today turns out to be a big AV active day. I tend not to know that until I am in it so a list on stand by helps me remeber that there are things I want to do beside drink. Something I block out when AV is around.

So have a good morning. Going to walk a 3.5 mile back cove trail in portland. Maybe have a big breakfast to boot.

K
Old 10-26-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi all, Im in too. Coming up for seven weeks on Monday and to be honest have been very tempted to cave this weekend but not going to, will glue myself here if I have to. Have already done an hours of cardio and had a big breakfast so have some endorphins going and a full tummy which helps. Im really pleased to see that this became a regular thread Weasel Think I was on your first one back then, brilliant idea! X
Old 10-26-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi, weekenders. I am on my day 28. This is as long as I have ever gone without alcohol since I was pregnant with my children (the youngest being almost 10 years old). I feel good! I am going out to eat tonight for my wedding anniversary, but my husband has been a gem about my sobriety, so I should be fine.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey peace! January 2012... Posted out of needing support during the worst times for me. Glad this has stayed... I use it every weekend.

Everyone provides such great support for each other here. I love that.

And M! Ring ring!

Glad you all stay part of this weekender family.

I am going to head out for that walk. See ya later!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Its the morning of day 7 for me! I've got plenty to do today, I hope AV stays at bay! Have a wonderful sober Saturday everyone!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sober weekend for me, too!

Lots of schoolwork to do (I'm a teacher), as well as watch my 12 year old son participate in a 5k. Shopping for a warm jacket for him later in the day. Maybe we will have dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant . . .

Hope everyone enjoys today and tomorrow! I'm grateful for every moment I can experience, free from alcohol!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Lots to do this weekend. Ringing in Day 35 with lots of Halloween fun to do. Carving pumpkins and working on my daughter's costume for trick-or-treating tomorrow. Keeping busy.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Saturday evening here ,
been playing with the wi-fi on my computer and testing it most of the day but it just seems too unreliable , goes on the blink every 30 mins or so ... so i think i'll make up an extra long cable and run that around the place .. It's kinda frustrating to have an unreliable internet connection , especially as i like to watch old films .

Quite and sober weekend , i think everyone in the UK is hibernating , the daylight saving hour happens tonight and it's meant to be getting stormy ...

Hope everyone is keeping warm and snuggly ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-26-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsaneHeart View Post
Lots to do this weekend. Ringing in Day 35 with lots of Halloween fun to do. Carving pumpkins and working on my daughter's costume for trick-or-treating tomorrow. Keeping busy.
We are doing the same here... Readying costumes for Halloween in the park tonight and carving the pumpkins tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

* ring ring * Weekenders,
Here a little late, but feeling pretty good today. Helped my x go car shopping. It actually wasn't too painful and she got a good deal. Not sure what I'm up to tonight. Probably cruising Amazon Prime for something free and mindless to watch. Grateful to be sober and at peace today. Hope everyone experiences the same this weekend.
Yours,
Cas
Old 10-26-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Great day today. I didn't drink! Went into "town" for only the 2nd time since we moved into this new house....EVERY place has a Happy Hour from like 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. I zeroed right in on those signs. They seemed to be NEON to me. My husband didn't even notice them. Anyway, got some postcards to send to some kids having a contest in Oregon that I read about on Craigslist and then came home and did gardening....now it's time for dinner....YAY! One more day!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ringing in 8:09pm in CA!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Weekend day number two down! Had a productive day today. Exchanged some pants, bought some shoes, installed a keypad for the garage door, trimmed the shrubs, spent some time with my parents and watched When a Man Loves a Woman.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to check in, this is the end of my Saturday night and I am feeling good. Had a great workout at the gym with my friend this afternoon, cancelled my date when I found out that my grandma just lost her best friend suddenly, so we stayed in together and watched rom-coms all evening. She was so glad that I was there. I am grateful that I could be truly present for her now that I am sober.

Got to get up early tomorrow for church. Have a safe and sober night!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Almost done carving pumpkins! My daughters design was very ambitious, so it's taking awhile. Her costume is done though...sufficiently creepified! It's been a good day
Old 10-26-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sorry so big...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Plague Doctor.jpg (58.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 10-26-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

My daughter's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Trick or Treat.jpg (33.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 10-26-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Just checking in.

Sober Saturday night here! Made pigs in a blanket with the wife and hung out at home.

I couldn't be happier