Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekenders , the weekend thread 25th 26th &27th of OCT 2013 , join in :)

Notices

Weekenders , the weekend thread 25th 26th &27th of OCT 2013 , join in :)

Old 10-25-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am in. Celebrating my wedding anniversary this weekend. 27 days of sobriety My AV is annoyed with me but my body thanks me very much!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
Celebrating my wedding anniversary this weekend. 27 days of sobriety My AV is annoyed with me but my body thanks me very much!
Congratulations, DD, on both the anniversary and 27 days! That's wonderful. Tell the AV to leave you alone--how rude to bother you on such a joyous weekend. :-)
Old 10-25-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am in too! I am retired, though, so every day seems like the weekend...LOL...I think I will be going into town (just moved to a new place and haven't been to the closest town yet)...looking for furnishings for the house, gardening, beach walks and will begin taking up yoga again. Here's to us!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in for this weekend. I was for last weekend but drank on Saturday night (dumbest thing I've done in a while, and that's saying something!). Anyway, I am on day 6 and am feeling strong going into the weekend. Today will be the hardest day because my kids don't have school today and I'm sure to be a bit stressed by the end of the day, but I will not drink!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I'm in! Thanks for starting us off with a great opening post, m. You pose a great question - now that I'm sober, I'm free to go to a meditation sanctuary room up town tomorrow and, well, meditate!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hang in the Cirtrus!
I'm in for a "relaxing" weekend, my son has a soccer tourny, daughter has two hockey games and a soccer game. Bring it on!!
Have an awsome sober weekend all.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm so in Mecanix! Love your post!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Count me in.....lots of work around the house and good movies to watch. A Halloween party Saturday night...bringing our little one. It starts at 6:30 and we'll be gone by 8:30 at the latest And a nice good ol' bluegrass gospel jam on Sunday.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Im in for my second in a row.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in. Taking my younger son to tour a college and then going to their football game.

Flying both ways, leaving tonight, coming back Sunday. Should be good, and probably great if we can get him to turn his phone off.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sign me up for an alcohol free weekend
Old 10-25-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Just finished my classes for the day and wanted to check in. I still have 8 assignments to complete before this evening! I don't know how I could've possibly coped with this workload if I was not sober, I suspect I would be close to failing by now. Also, starting to get excited about the first date thing. There are enough nerves involved without the anxiety I get after a night of drinking. Plus, I will be sober and be able to trust my intuition much more while I am there.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks ChrisBen, today is going much more smooth than I thought it would, we have a movie going on and two of my kids are playing nicely together outside. So it's been a stress free day so far! I will hang in no matter what... even if mass chaos ensues with the kids!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

*Raises hand and waves*
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Mechanix, I love that you started this weekend with why alcohol sucks. I hate what alcohol has done to me and to some of the people whom I love. I hate alcohol because:

It steals time. It steals beauty. It steals health. It steals wealth. It steals intimacy. It steals honesty. It steals self-respect. It steals the respect of others. It steals hobbies and interests. It steals intelligent thought and conversation. It steals children's security. It steals innocence. It steals family closeness. It steals faith. It steals people's souls.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all ,
back from work , my old boss died tues night , the guy who interviewed me for my current position 5 and a bit years ago . He was 17 years older than me and one of the "good guys" , not the kinda bloke you messed about but willing to support you if he could and you were a grafter .

For me i wasted 20 years of my life drinking , i have some life left, with luck. i'm going to live it sober and savour every glorious moment , the up's and the down's . Yes the downs can be pretty rubbish but i am living through them so should be on my knees grateful for the chance to wake another day sober tomorow .

Bestwishes, m
Old 10-25-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm in! I'm going to need the support!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Quiet but fun and sober weekend planned Sunday my girls and i will be watching our favorite local crew team, hopefully win their 3 mile regatta chase. It's pretty chilly as of late in the east coast so lots of blankies and cocoa!

Have a wonderful weekend all!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sign me up! I'm ready to make this weekend alcohol free!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

* ring * * ring * weekenders

Many have stayed sober / clean thanks to this thread

Thanks to the founders , Weasel & mecanix

Its 21 days clean for me

NA Anniversary meeting tonight with some good food and speaker.

On Sunday , my friend and I are traveling to Northern Pennsylvania to see the Elk up there.

Sober weekend everyone

Tr