SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekenders , the weekend thread 25th 26th &27th of OCT 2013 , join in :) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/311649-weekenders-weekend-thread-25th-26th-27th-oct-2013-join.html)

mecanix 10-24-2013 09:38 PM

Weekenders , the weekend thread 25th 26th &27th of OCT 2013 , join in :)

Hello y'all ,
It's FRIDAY YAY .. another day to get through sober .

Alcohol is a poison , it's a depressant , it's a muscle relaxant , it messes with your blood pressure . It causes lots of out of control half remembered arguments , financial woes, passing out , black outs , mental health problems , grudges , resentments , selfishness , belligerence of self and others .

For me i try always to come up with several reasons why alcohol is bad for me , i find this helps keep me positive about living sober .

Bigging up sobriety is fine , but i think dissing alcohol is a strong part part of a two pronged attack :)

*ring ring* the first is a bell of mindfullness calling out , stop what are you doing now , right now , how are you feeling , why not change into a better mood , start you day afresh anytime :)
The seond ring is that of the freedom bell , freedom from drugs and alcohol should you want it , come join me ringing out the freedom bell this weekend for everyone who wants to hear ..

I'm in , how about you ? what you doing now you've got sobriety ?

Bestwishes, m

Skye2 10-24-2013 09:39 PM

Count me in please :)

Kaneda8888 10-24-2013 09:43 PM

I am in pls ! Looking for another sober weekend !!

Weaver 10-24-2013 09:49 PM

Count me IN!

Marcher13 10-24-2013 09:53 PM

Mecanix we must stop meeting like this every Friday. ;) Actually let's keep on meeting, I love sober weekends!

My sober weekend includes a long bike ride, a bbq with friends on Sunday, baking bread, making a batch of artisan chocolates (you need steady hands for that!), a long walk with my neighbour.

I'm ringing the freedom bell with you -- best thing about a sober weekend? You don't lose any time to hangovers or stupid behaviour. I know of what I speak -- both ways. :)

Renarde 10-24-2013 10:23 PM

I'm in :)

Erratic 10-25-2013 01:21 AM

Ok im going to be doing this weekend. Started my tablets again. So im having 3 days with out.

Flying4Life 10-25-2013 02:18 AM

*Ring, Ring* Count me in as well! I would love to make this my 8th sober weekend in a row! I still have to go to my classes today and finish up my weekly assignments. Then hopefully go to see "Gravity" with my Dad. Tomorrow I will be sleeping in (because I enjoy it not because I am trying to endure a hangover), going shopping, and going to the gym. Sunday I will be going to church to sing in the choir and hopefully going on a coffee date (my first since getting sober) I am excited about this weekend! Looking forward to relaxing and enjoying my days off with all of you! :)

Marcher - making artisan chocolates sounds like so much fun!
Mecanix - thanks for kicking off this weekend thread, it really helps me get thru the weekend.

Marcher13 10-25-2013 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Flying4Life (Post 4257491)
Marcher - making artisan chocolates sounds like so much fun!

It is Flying. Once you have a thermometer it's quite easy as long as you follow the few steps and concentrate.

Weasel1966 10-25-2013 04:35 AM

Yeah! I am in! First weekend totally alone. I have a massage planned for today. Going to cook a lot. Relax and take a drive upstate.

Ring ring!

Clemence 10-25-2013 04:41 AM

Thanks Mecanix. Yes please, count me in for another sober weekend.

dizzychainsaw 10-25-2013 04:52 AM

I'm in :) A sober weekend ahead. I plan on going to a meeting or two - reconnecting with my old AA friends

LDT 10-25-2013 04:57 AM

I'm definitely in mec.....thanks!

Working a pumpkin patch all weekend.....then rehearsing for an upcoming musical theater production. No time for booze :)

InsaneHeart 10-25-2013 05:17 AM

I'm in like Flynn, yet again! This will be my 5th sober weekend!

Babofan 10-25-2013 05:27 AM

If all goes as planned, Sunday will be four months sober for me, (with my previous longest sober period being six months, last year) but, man oh man, I'm having to deal with some very painfully sad "anniversaries" that just happen to span from two days ago through Sunday. Not pleasant.

RJY9 10-25-2013 06:08 AM

Im on board Captain! :)

ChrissieB 10-25-2013 06:15 AM

Count me in, loving the freedom.. Going to an AA meeting tonight and 2 on Sunday can't make any tomorrow because of work and going to see comedian Jim Eoin yay!!

LadyBlue0527 10-25-2013 06:32 AM

I am IN! :)

soberclover 10-25-2013 06:33 AM

I'm in too :) Attending an Art/Craft Show on Saturday and my grandson's first birthday party on Sunday. Feeling a cold coming on so I'm sure some self-care somewhere in there too. Starting to feel some of the heebee jeebeeze lately as I'm slowly creeping towards a year of the anniversary of my last drinking episode that found me in intensive care in the hospital. I think I'll be checking in on SR a lot!

ejackson 10-25-2013 06:38 AM

*ring-ring* I'm in, too!

This will be my third sober weekend. Lots of projects around the house, and long walks planned. I'm also going to cook something really, really good... not sure what that is yet.

Thanks for starting this thread, Mecanix. Blessings to everyone for a sober, peaceful weekend.