Notices

I just had a seizure....scared do I go to hospital

Old 09-11-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, MN. Hope you are okay and that you check back in to let us know how you're doing.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you, MN. I sincerely hope you've sought out medical attention.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I hope you're ok, MN!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I can't get the picture out of my head. What if next time it happens in the shower or on a cement surface? I really hope you saw a doctor. This is scary.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

How are you getting on, MN? I hope you're well. Did you make to the see a doc?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I am at work...not feeling the best but had my dad follow me to work so no DUI...thanks for all the messages...gonna start day one in next day or 2.....
Old 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

"gonna start day one in next day or 2..... "

--------------

Why are you waiting? Why not stop now?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MN81713 View Post
I am at work...not feeling the best but had my dad follow me to work so no DUI...thanks for all the messages...gonna start day one in next day or 2.....
your dad followed you to work so you wouldn't get a DUI? Do you mean so you wouldn't get stopped by the police as he was behind you. Your dad condoned you drinking and driving? Just because he was behind you woudn't stop you from hitting and killing someone.

Please please don't drive when you've been drinking. Thingswill get a hell of a lot worse. You think a DUI is your main concern? Think how you'll feel if you kill or paralyze a child or anyone or yourself.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I actually was ok, just going through the withdrawals, sweating, paranoid and hadn't had a drink for 12 hours before that...I was just not even thinking and asked my dad to drive behind be which forced me to tell him the truth...I know I have about 2 shots left at home, the local liquor store refused to see to me so anyway went and did grab a pint once I knew my dad was coming, I am trying to get through work sweating and shaking, going to take those last two shots and sleep all day and be ready for work...I'm done!!! I emailed all my teachers as I missed school all last week and they all are giving me the chance to catch up....it's now or never but I know that last is at home and know in my heart can't pour it out, but like I said, its only a couple shots and im going to bed so when I wake up...it's my day 1! Gonna really do it this time...im miserable and embarrassed and scared and all that...just done!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey mn I understand your miserable embarrassed and scared! I think we all felt that in the beginning. Lean on us here for Support there are alot of us rooting for you! Let this be not just day 1 but a new life!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Be Well MN
Old 09-13-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

MN,
careful working you way down off the pills and booze, I had a similar situation last summer, a full blown seizier from booze and valium. but before that for years i thought i had restless leg because many nights i would wake up thrashing, even my neighbors would bang on their ceiling to get me to stop, after stopping the valium i don't shake at night anymore. I tell you tho, that seisure was incredibly scary, my vision got all chopped up into 4 parts (looking up to the ceiling) and i was stuck in an endless loop of thrashing and couldn't get out for what seemed like forever. so be careful with the xanax please.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thank you again...had my last two shots, do feel better but of course want more but decided im done, was so miserable at work...I took 2 Benadryl and 2 Zanax and going to try to sleep this off....have 13 hours before I have to be up to work all night...hoping a lot of sleep will help!!Thanks again for all the continued support and kind words!!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say really after reading all that... I suppose Im doing better than I thought...
Old 09-13-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by MN81713 View Post
had my last two shots, do feel better but of course want more but decided im done, was so miserable at work...I took 2 Benadryl and 2 Zanax!
Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

MN you really really need to talk to a doctor about how to withdraw from alcohol safely. Withdrawal can kill you. If you not do that, at the very least do not be alone during this time. Good for you for making this decision to quit, but please please do this safely.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

MN, I'm getting increasingly concerned about you.

Do you want to die? This is not a rhetorical question. Your behavior is very self-destructive and you show very little real concern for your life. Having a seizure. Drinking again. Benadryl and Xanax. All of it.

If you want to live, you need to go to an ER right now or call an ambulance to get help. Yes, it costs money. Which is better than dying.

Or is it? If you really don't care if you live, even a little bit, please get in touch with the appropriate help asap.

Your behavior is just too concerning that I had to raise this concern.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Dude, I'm sure it's likely I could handle the meds and booze you just described, but I don't have a seizure history. You are really jacking around with your body here like it is a playtoy, and that is the exact opposite of trying to live a sober life. Get to a doctor!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Day tripper

MN, it's dangerous for you to detox on your own. People die from it. You at least need to contact a doctor to pick up the needed medications and do this with somebody, maybe your dad?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
EndGame

It saddens me to read the often continuous lack of judgment on some of the threads here, judgment that indicates untreated alcoholism. Though I didn't care whether or not I lived or died (was leaning towards death) when I relapsed, I have a difficult time processing other people's oblivious march to the grave.

In my case, I knew where my drinking would take me, and my thinking was something like, "The sooner the better." I carried no ambivalence on this issue. But when people completely block out good counsel and information that tells them that they're placing their health and their lives in danger, I'm still startled when people go ahead and actively participate in their own demise anyway, no matter how many times I witness it.