Notices

I just had a seizure....scared do I go to hospital

Old 09-13-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

MN...I detoxed from alcohol and benzos in a medical setting. I had no idea how serious the combination was...and when I finally got to a good doctor she was urgent in her recommendation that I get help ASAP. This combination can be lethal and so can the withdrawals.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

MN, I landed in the hospital from alcohol withdrawal. I didn't have any symptoms, I just wanted a drink.

If you are find yourself facing the choice of drinking, then go to the hospital.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I am back at work, slept for 12 hours and didn't buy ANYTHING....feeling much better so I don't know but I officially will be on day on when I get off work at 7 am!!! I do understand all the concern and have called the hospital and also though it may not sound or maybe I am crazy, I have drank for years and used zanax to "help with the am issues" I only take 1 mg little blue ones, no bars and am rx'd 3 a day....I did get some really good sleep I needed and I am off for the next two days to get my house in order and all the homework I have missed from my week plus binge...this is the last one (gonna try like hell anyway) I want a better life and being that sick and seeing the shame in my Dad's eyes really hurt me....I really want this and was on double digits, don't know how I forgot how I ended up here in the first place a month ago and then went and bought another bottle??? But...I am going to stay on here 24/7 if I have to and do this! Thank You again for all your help...I don't want to die exp to my loved ones...Thanks Again!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Seeing the look of shame in your Dad's eyes......I remember. I also remember the look of pride in his eyes when I stopped for good.....and the pride I had in myself.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Reading all the posts I keep reading how you are taking Xanax. I went to detox and was taking Benz medication along with blowing a .319... I just wanted help and was tired of drinking. I didn't realize how dangerous things were until I was admitted in the hospital and they had someone checking on me every few hours throughout the night. I could of had a seizure/went into coma all of that....

This is more than being miserable and hurting people around you. You can die mixing prescription medication and heavy alcohol.

Please get help to save your life. I did 41 days ago and I promise you can get through it be a whole new person.

Praying for you.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Go to the hospital. From personal experience... I couldn't believe the visual and auditory hallucinations. Yes, they will stabilize you at the very least. Best wishes
Old 09-14-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Listen stay off the soup mate, it's effin your life up. Reading your posts I don't know what day it is between you missing work and school and your messy house and your Dads eyes... We have all been THERE thats why we are HERE... Sending my concern and care and strength to you across the oceans. You can do it. I'm doing it, so you can too. yesterday I was gagging for a drink and I didn't. Just tackle an hour at a time. It sounds like your not ready to part with your pills so beware as you may tend to hit them harder when you stop drinking because you need to calm yourself and blur the confronting feelings that arise out of sobriety. Stay positive .Its way way better on this side trust me.