Notices

Weekenders *ring ring* sept 6th 7th & 8th 2013

Old 09-06-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

I've been hoping you would . Good job my friend.

Enjoy the day . You deserve it

Tr
Old 09-06-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
I've been hoping you would . Good job my friend.

Enjoy the day . You deserve it

Tr
I think I just needed to hear it from someone else. I'd planned to throw it away after I started feeling better, but I do know the psychological trap of once I feel better I go back to it (a couple couldn't hurt...). But, yes, it can.

Thanks again. Gonna try to read and sleep, had half a Boost and a protein bar.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm here and excited for the sober weekend! We can do this, everyone!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Slammy1 View Post
but I do know the psychological trap of once I feel better I go back to it (a couple couldn't hurt...). But, yes it can
Helping others helps me , its why we're here

Don't look back or too far ahead

Enjoy the moment , then the next

Truly
Tr
Old 09-06-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

going to stay busy busy busy!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Evening all ,
Hot day at work in the UK , humid and was working on some big 240kw motors which are very loud and cramped in sound deadening boxes

Home and watching the Simpsons whilst tucking into some jamacan style spicy chicken ..

Will probably spend my evening finnishing reading walden by Thoreau and seeing how all the weekenders are doing .

How dire would it be to wake tomorow with a hangover ? gonna keep on keeping on here

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-06-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eleni58 View Post
I have no plans--just gonna try to get through the weekend without a major blowup with my boyfriend--certainly don't want a repeat of last weekend when I almost relapsed. He gets off the road and home in a few hours and I am somewhat nervous--we haven't talked to each other in a week.
You were so strong last weekend I was almost jumping up and down and cheering. Please stay that way.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Last day of the school holidays is done and dusted. Bowling alley was visited and a child may lose a tooth over the weekend and if so I'll not be there to see it. So, here I am, watching Dr Who, drinking soda water and lemon and about to eat dahl.

I have regrettable thoughts to do with the debacle of last weekend's drunkeness and I'm sorry about what happened then but pleased to be sober tonight. I plan to make jewellery if the muse strikes and work on one of my websites over the weekend instead of yet again putting it all off due to a hangover.

Healthful Friday to you all x
Old 09-06-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good idea. I am on day 6. Went out with two girlfriends for dinner last night. On the way I had that 'whoosh' of anticipation for some alcohol. However, when I got there and we started girlie chat, it had gone. My friends ordered a glass of wine with their meal. Only the one though. Made me realise how different I am to them when it comes to alcohol.....which is a good thing. Then, on the way home, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself not thinking "I'll have my drink when I get in", all I could think about was snuggling down in my bed for a good night sleep.

So glad I have found SR.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It's going to be a beautiful weekend...looking forward to it. My hubby has already declined an invite to hear an outdoor band tonight with a bunch of drinking friends. He's being so supportive. We are going out to dinner and having iced tea! One day at a time! Now tomorrow is probably watching football with friends, I will be where I can come home if it gets rough. It might come a time when they won't want to hang with us anymore and that would be just fine too. I'm so glad I have SR to come to if it get's rough. I'm on day 12 - coming up on my second weekend sober. Thanks to all.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

ring ring, I'm in for the week end. I am really tired today but I am still going to my home group. I am planning on working tomorrow then Sunday, I am volunteering to help with the table for a charity at a street fair selling bottled water.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'll be here all weekend. Todays been a little tough... its the first day of Fall weather here in NY and my addict voice keeps telling me to "celebrate" by having a few Octoberfest Ales. NOPE! I'm gonna have some Apple-Cinnamon tea instead.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

And it is Friday night for the hubby. In the door and beer in hand at 5:00. Cocktail hour. sigh...
Old 09-06-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey guys. I've been feeling unusually down this evening actually, not really sure why, more boredom than anything. Immediately the urges kick in but I'm going to ride it out, they should get easier with time.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

One sober weekend Comin' right up! Farmers market in the AM. Followed by family reunion in the late PM. Sunday puttering on work stuff. Hope y'all have a terrific weekend! And remember ... Just say NO!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

My 5K is NEXT Saturday, not this one Glad I didn't drive an hour away before figuring this out

No idea what we'll be doing this weekend now...
Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Rochele, anything special you can do just for you tonight? Also, if your hubby's drinking is buggin' you would you consider asking him not to drink in the house? At least until you are feeling more secure.

Grindilow, boredom was a bad one for me early on. I basically forced myself to watch everything I could stand on Netflix. A also walked a lot.

Peace,
Cas
Old 09-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Ok. I'm in even though weekends scare me. Only my 2nd sober weekend. Tonight's plan is rent a movie. When I first had that thought I was like "ugh what's the point of a movie if I'm not having wine?" But then I thought how I could actually have some popcorn instead of denying myself what with all the wine calories I'm saving (although isn't this counterproductive? Allowing indulgences to make up for missed alcoholic calories?youre still consuming those calories. Hmmm idk??)
Tomorrow is trickier. There's a live band I want to see and the event is free. It's an outdoor event so not technically like a bar. But, as with most live shows there's plenty of drinking. Don't know if it will cause a slip or be a fun sober activity?? Thoughts?? Tomorrow will be day 13 of that matters
Ps-I read every post on all the pages just now but can hardly remember who I wanted to give a shout out to all the weekenders at once!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Rochele-most likely me too with the hubs. Hang in there hon!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
Hey guys. I've been feeling unusually down this evening actually, not really sure why, more boredom than anything. Immediately the urges kick in but I'm going to ride it out, they should get easier with time.
One day at a time. Good job on avoiding the BS, hang in there and I'm hoping you have a great weekend leading to a great life.