Notices

Weekenders *ring ring* sept 6th 7th & 8th 2013

Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Weekenders *ring ring* sept 6th 7th & 8th 2013

Hello everybody ,

Lets get through the weekend together ,

Everybody is welcome whever you are in your sobriety journey.

If you need support full on i'd recomend stating your own thread as sometimes cries for help tucked away in other threads might not get noticed

Some old hands can help the newbies , the newbies can help remind the oldies what it was like in active addiction .

Lets share what a sober weekend looks and feels like , the things we actually get on and do rather than run away from and hide behind the bottle or drug .

Today i'm just off to work with a happy heart , sober , no hangover , i will buy a lovely selection of fruit on the way and will look forwards to my morning coffee when i get there in about an hour ,

Let get this show on the road *ring ring*

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-05-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LDT

Ok I'm in. I'll start the weekend by going to a high school football game coached by my son in law. Then we will head to our boat for some lazy sailing. I will walk my crazy dog a hundred times and go look at flooring samples for a remodeling project. That's my sober weekend!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My sober weekend will probably involve running a 5K on Saturday morning in support of National Recovery Month. It's this month Afterwards, lunch will be provided along with live music.

Then Sunday I plan to attend a Unitarian Universalist congregation.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 09-06-2013, 12:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I'm in! I'm doing the master cleanse over the weekend to detox from cookies and drop a few pounds, so I won't be doing anything too strenuous - probably just meetings, going for coffee (herbal tea in my case) with friends, maybe meeting up with my sponsor, church. Sadly the thing I'm most excited about this weekend is being able to wear eye make-up again. I've had some kind of infection/allergy thing in my right eye but it's cleared up now thanks to my doctor's prescription. So I'll probably be going overboard on the mascara/eyeliner tomorrow to make up for lost time. It's the only way to find out if eye make-up was responsible for the problem in the first place!

Jennie - That's awesome that you're doing 5k for the recovery cause! Hope it goes well; I'm sure it will!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Louise!

Hey, eye makeup is something I get excited about too

Old 09-06-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm in too, this weekend I am going to catch up on chores (not exciting I know) but our house is for sale and we have a viewing next week so it's time to really get things spick and span.
And hopefully if it doesn't rain to much which it is forecast to do - I'm going to squeeze in some horse riding.
Have a good weekend all weekenders, we can do this
Old 09-06-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck with the showing, Vicki

My husband and I are wanting to sell ours too. We have to rip up some flooring where the cat peed and replace . She is going to really cost us.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Count me in for a sober weekend, looking forward to being with SR to mark my 7 days tmro
Old 09-06-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tomorrow marks my 7th day too

Today is the last day of the kids being off school and tonight they'll go to their dad for the weekend so today is sorting out washing and ironing, then this afternoon a spot of catching up with friends and some bowling (a surprise for the kids).

Tomorrow I intend to play around and make some jewellery and try and get on with a commission order that was placed about a month ago.

I'm looking forward to a weekend with you all x
Old 09-06-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

sober weekend? you bet!!

i think we're going for a mellow one this weekend... light chores, a few small errands, cooking my family's favorite meal tomorrow, reading (j.k.'s casual vacancy), light yard work... nothing spectacular, but all sober!

have fun, weekenders! and have a great run, jennie!!
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sign me up for a sober weekend. I'm ready for the challenge
Old 09-06-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm in. Hope to run both days and get out on the boat this weekend and enjoy the water. Mrs. Ornithology has a birthday tomorrow. And I'll celebrate 2 weeks sober at the end of the day Sunday.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi.

I'm new, but I will chime in, too.

I'm planning to leave the office early and hit a large bucket of golf balls at the driving range (I am one of the few who can hook a driver 90 degrees to the left - which is not a good thing). Tonight, my 7-year old son has a back-to-school bash, which translates to a couple hundred parents sitting in lawn chairs eating snacks while our kids run around on the playground (school property, no alcohol present).

Although it's September, the calendar says it's still summer, so we're going to the Jersey Shore for one last day at the beach for 2013.

And Sunday, church (maybe), grocery shopping, and trying to figure out how to make my basement *not* smell like cats.

Best wishes and good luck, everyone.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LDT

^^^Orinthology, I can't think of a better place to be than on a boat, in the beautiful state of Maryland, at this time of year
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
Sign me up for a sober weekend. I'm ready for the challenge
Wecome , I'm glad your joining us

I'll be working on Saturday and joining the family for overnight camping Saturday night and Sunday , should be fun.

That's the plan , now to stick to it

That's the doing it

Tr
Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I work Saturday and Sunday, and I hope that I have the strength to work out after. I'm still early in recovery. I still have the stuff around in case of DTs at work, but on Saturday I'll be up in the lab and might see 3 people for a few minutes aside from the locker room so I'm planning to toss it tonight so I'm not tempted to find reasons why I should smoke in the AM. Just want to feel a little better, maybe eat solid food and get a good night's rest.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Friday night approaching here. Don't have a lot of things to do, so should watch after myself.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I need you all so much this weekend. I am sad, angry, hurt, pissed, and hopeful all at the same time. Is that even f'ing possible?

This to shall pass.

*Ring Ring*
Old 09-06-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Working on a week down today! The weekend is the hardest. I'm in for all the help I can get and give.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm in! Monday is 14 days and I'm going to make it!