Notices

Weekenders *ring ring* sept 6th 7th & 8th 2013

Old 09-07-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ersatzmatriarch View Post
i need to find a better way for me to live a sober life... missing storytime with my kids every night to be at meetings is just not going to work for me in the long run. i need to find a way to stay sober and still be with my family.
I missed story time with my daughter every night because I was drunk by the time she went to bed. Keep going to the meetings for now if they are helping you stay sober. You'll discover how to balance your sobriety and your family. I'm guessing you are already a better mom now that you stopped drinking.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Last night felt difficult but I am awake bright and early today after turning in early. I slept pretty well, and was awake a bit before 6, no hangover! So, I get to cheerfully see my daughter and husband off to soccer. He is looking pretty tired after at least 6 beers and being up about an hour later than me. He is the coach. I have to stay home, but feel alert and wish I could go! I never feel like that on a Saturday am. My younger child is still sleeping and has had a cold, so he and i will skip this early game.

He has a game later, and I will go. I will not need a nap! well, maybe I will, lol, but it s a pretty early afternoon game right up the road. I was up at 5:50am.

Good morning all! I am hopeful for an easier Saturday night. I am down a pound on the scale and if I am very good today, maybe I will break into a new set of numbers tomorrow morning. Get under a number I have been trying to get under for 2 years. Funny how a couple of bottles of wine every weekend ruin your weight loss goals(and a bit more in the week).
Old 09-07-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Aproximate calories in a glass of wine 175ml is 126 kcal so in a standard 75cl bottle of wine there is 4.29x126 = aprox 540 , i usually drank 1.5l a night so 1080 kcal

There is a table on the NHS site here dunno if non-UK'ers can get it

Calories in alcohol - Live Well - NHS Choices
Here is a units calculator from the NHS as well

Alcohol unit calculator - Health tools - NHS Choices
Interesting that the slider runs out at 10 glasses of wine , so i definately had a problem !

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Oh, I know those calorie counts well, and it does vary by the specific wine as well. Got several different ones with slightly differing calorie counts on Myfitnesspal app. lol. I am such a responsible diabetic drunk. I counted the carbs in each glass too, well, up until about 3 glasses, then I stopped caring.

Crazy things we do.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

It's Saturday morning and I'm not hungover for the first time in so long I cannot remember. It feels great! Friday was hard and I was very tempted after leaving work but I'm now enjoying the rewards of my willpower. Hope everyone has a great and sober Saturday!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Yoooo Hooooo Weekenders! I'm thrilled to say I'm officially over a week sober; this is a record...It's been many a year since I've had 7+ days sober! YAY!

Getting caught up on housework, need to grade papers and lesson plan for next week, and about to pay bills (gulp; at least I'm not blowing money daily on booze!), and go to the market to get some healthy foods in here.

I'll be seeing this weekend through with the weekenders...love and strength to all!

Check-in later on!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Yeah!! My second sober Saturday morning. I'm going to make it a great day. Good luck to everyone today. Good for you Zelda.!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I do not think I have gone more than 6 days all summer. Maybe 7, but I doubt it. I think I cave every weekend. I did drink last Friday, 9 days ago, but did the rest of last weekend sober. So, it is my second weekend sober too. Being last one was A 3 day weekend with Labor Day, and extra challenging with hubby enjoying it with plenty of beer.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 20 here. So glad that I decided against the pinot last night. I really, really don't want to grade papers today, but going to make myself go into the office so I'm not stressing out on Monday.

Weasel, is it going to be tomato basil soup with grilled cheese this weekend, or have you changed plans? Do tell.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanks for the shout-out Mecanix, I've had a productive Saturday even though I didn't do what I set out to do

Hope you're doing ok Rochele? And hope everyone else is doing well too x
Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders,
Giant * ring ring * to you for giving the AV the what for yesterday!

I was up until early in the morning with a sick dog. She's better now. Must have gotten in to something nasty outside. Sheesh, ya try to keep an eye on them, but they are sneaky. I may skip the guitar meetup today to keep an eye on her. We'll see. Glad to face each new twist in life sober. Could never really "be there" when I was hung over or drunk.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, sober day/evening. Big hugs to all.

Yours,
Cas
Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I just caught myself thinking that why, maybe I don't have a problem after all. Maybe I really am a 'normal' drinker who just got stuck in a rut. HA! Yes, I just thought that.

Definitely time to get out of the house and onto the grading.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

First 24 hrs of the wkend were busy but sober, keep strong all x
Old 09-07-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
The first day is the hardest

yes keep strong all and keep busy
Old 09-07-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Heya'll ,
Chores for the day done .
Am watching Keith Floyd in Italy wilst eating crisps and drinking cheap fizzy water (classy me eh )

I used to think he was quite sophisticated and admired his hard drinking , good food , smoking , aston driving , going bankrupt a few times bon viveur lifestyle ... these days i think his lifestyle rather too unmanageable and hectic looking for my tastes .

Hope you're all doing ok

*ring ring* m
Old 09-07-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hehe, I just watched him in Madagascar and other than the langoustines am not inspired to try any Madagascan food (my apologies to any Madagascans, it was probably just Floyd's cooking).
Old 09-07-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

In Maine by the ocean this weekend and wow challenging! This is my 4th year here with my bf and usually it is a long alcohol fueled weekend. It has been great being sober and I'm sure I'll remember this particular vacation long after I return home. Dinner time has been especially hard as was used to the cocktails before during and after but I'm trying on my new cranberry and ginger ale. He has only had a beer or two with lobster dinners so hasn't been too tough...I was expecting worse. Sounds like many are doing great this weekend. It can be tough but the only way to the other side is to just get through it the first time sober.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey all, made it through the day. I was sweaty, pale, in some pain. I'm hoping day 4 is better. Congratulations to everyone that made it. I know, I'm going to read and try to go to sleep. Maybe if I start early I can get some real sleep (I'll be up in 12 hrs).
Old 09-07-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sober and productive Saturday here. So happy and free (from that beast)!

Thinking of you all. Enjoy this blessed day.

Strength to all of you!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
I just caught myself thinking that why, maybe I don't have a problem after all. Maybe I really am a 'normal' drinker who just got stuck in a rut. HA! Yes, I just thought that.

Definitely time to get out of the house and onto the grading.
I just caught myself thinking the same thing. My parents invited me to go out and have a few drinks and dinner with them. I was so ready to say yes but I reminded myself it likely wouldn't be a few. I'd either stay at the bar or continue when I got home.

Much, much better saying no and staying home.