Notices

Weekenders *ring ring* sept 6th 7th & 8th 2013

Old 09-08-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Melina: I got headaches at first too...good news is they didnt last long.

Bad news: I've been eating twice my weight for days. I must stop this insanity! Ok, replaced booze with food. Let's see if I can replace food with some form of movement lol

Great job weekenders. We did it!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I also had a fantastic sober weekend! Rented a movie to watch with the kiddos made popcorn and had ice cream something I usually don't allow myself, went out to hear some lice music with hubby and spent the day relaxing by the pool with the fam today. All this fun in addition getting all my weekend chores done. No alcohol required!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

The boredom and cravings were totally worth the feeling of accomplishment of having a sober weekend. Congrats everyone!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

It's the end of the weekend and I'm sober! Thanks to everyone for the support to help me through it I got so much more done this weekend than I have in a long time. It feels great to have that sense of accomplishment on a Sunday night! Congrats all!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Monday afternoon at the end of a 3 day long weekend. The worst part was yesterday going to a fair. I really wanted to drink at the end of the day when i was at home. It was a really stressful experience and i am glad it is over for another year. Instead of drinking, i bought some hot chips and i took my kids for a walk down the jetty to see all the people catching crabs and ate chips on the sand.

At least now the weekend is almost over and this evening all i have to do is lots of study for university. my next temptation will be next weekend now. I had better use the next 4 days to just totally de-stress so that i can deal with the weekend ahead.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

At work clear headed... Ready for a busy week.

Have a great week everyone. See you on Friday!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

A sober weekend here as well - my first since joining SR. Being able to check in, read, share thoughts, and know that there are other people like me out there.... has made a huge difference.

A week since my last drink, and I feel like my brain chemistry is different.

Thanks, all.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Sober weekend for me, feels good.

Noone ever woke up wishing they'd had a drink... just glad they didn't.

X
Old 09-09-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Late check-in from me as it's been a busy morning here. And how refreshing it has been to take the oldest to school and chase work with no hang-over. Awesome in fact. And I'm loving that I just went shopping for clothes for the little one in a big supermarket and walked past the wine section without even considering it. I honestly think that's the first time that has happened. Have a good week all x