Notices

Class of July 2013

Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey all. Just checking in. Today was full of ups and downs, but after some exercise I feel like that lethargic fog I've been in all day has lifted.
Hope all the American SR friends are enjoying a sober 4th!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and Happy July 4th (for those of us in USA). Made it through last nights outing and today, but it has been kind of tough. I have moments when I feel good and positive about not drinking and then there are moments when I am just downright cranky and annoyed. Holidays are going to be hard for awhile, I'm afraid

On to Day 6 tomorrow, though. Hope everyone is doing well. Weekend is almost here and I am planning on being here a lot. We can do it!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

reposting from the June 2013 'coz I was too silly to find the July thread...

I'm only at day two. Work was not so good tonight. I am already quite anxious and was extremely on edge the whole shift... not good, since I work in service. I managed to hold in tears until I got home. Had a good chat with my roommate.

I discovered SR just a few days ago and already feel more motivation to cure myself of this horrible illness. I am just in my early twenties and I don't want to lose these years to drinking. I've spent some time in the chat room... honestly, despite a hospitalization and counseling, this is really the first time I've been able to chat openly and honestly with people who KNOW this illness, who've beat it (or are trying to)... not just people on the outside who've studied it and are just describing it to me. Not to discredit the help I've gotten, but a little light has gone off in my head since being here at SR and I am more ready to fight.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi july!

Made it through the 4th of July SOBER! I am so thankful I surrounded myself with sober AA friends to get me through the day! The fireworks are even better when you're not trying to sneak drinks from your purse cause it's dark & you don't think anyone will notice!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi class of July!! I am unofficially a member of the June class but was unsuccessful staying sober for the month. I'm on Day 2, awakening from the fog of a 3-evening bender, and desperate to remain sober and turn my life around. I'm going to AA tonight for the first time ever and can hardly wait. Just ready as I'll ever be and hope that I have caught this before hitting rock bottom.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey y'all! I'm officially 2 days sober from pills. This place has been a wonderful source of support and I'm so happy to have it to "lean on". July is OUR month! We will take back our lives and be so much better for it.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well, I didn't make it through the 4th sober, so I am hoping it will be my last drink-day. I can't keep on disappointing myself like this. Truth is, I am so unhappy with life that I keep thinking a drink will help but of course it is probably what is making me so unhappy.

Say a prayer for me today, thanks.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

((hugs)) Pamel

Thinking of you today life isn't easy that's for sure I am in a bad place too. Lots of stress a nasty cycle drinking to relieve it but the drinking makes it worse and makes things seem more grey than they really are.

I know drinking won't make things better I was happier when I had months of sobriety last year. It's tough starting back this time it's harder motivation is low my self destruction mode is still on and my confidence has disappeared.

Oops sorry didn't mean to sound so down. It's not all bad.

Sun is out and should be a lovely hot weekend here in the UK time to get out my garden gloves do some weeding lol only thing that seems to flourish there then sit and enjoy a nice soft drink with lots of ice with a good book..

Have a great Friday everyone
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Count me in. I'm on day 2. Detoxing with the help of valium this time which has helped. PLEASE can this be the last time, getting so fed up with it now.

What I get out of alcohol:
Nothing much, a slight 'buzz' and fake feeling d happiness

What alcohol gets out of me
My confidence
My health
My money
My friends
My self esteem
Withdrawals
Days wasted to drinking when I could be doing something productive
Missing out on the beautiful countryside i so love to walk and spend my time on
Most of all, I can't play my beloved video games when drinking!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all you new guys.

I really believe this is not beyond any of us - we may have to make changes, we may have to surrender a little and accept some things, but recovery is not beyond any of us

D
Old 07-05-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Mr Beagle - I like that 'Re-Hydrating to Oblivion' !!

Day 4 for me, feeling fine. I made it through three different occasions of being offered a drink yesterday evening. The first time I turned down a glass of wine at a friend's house. She almost apologised when I said no - she understands my alcohol issues and always supports me when I'm on a quit. I hadn't told her I'm off it again as what's the point really - I feel my words don't carry much weight anymore so the only thing that will prove i mean it is through the passage of time.Then two more times as I walked home through town and met two different friends smoking outside two different bars who tried to get me to come in for one. It was easy to refuse to be honest. As i said in the other posts I've been watching some pretty graphic documentaries on youtube on alcoholism that have frightened the life out of me.

So sleeping well, eating well and all in all pretty upbeat. For some reason this time I haven't been craving the junk I usually allow myself when I'm off the booze. Next week back on my running program I hope.

Good luck classmates!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Welcome new classmates!

Day 6 and, although I made it through the 4th holiday, I am feeling anxious about the weekend. I slipped the past 2 Saturdays so worried about what tomorrow will bring. I cannot start over, again. It really sets me back, emotionally. Have more plans this Sat to keep busy so that should help. I am so sick of what alcohol has done to my mind. I just want to get through a day without obsessing over drinking/not being able to drink. I have been told that day will come, but it takes a lot of effort and hard work to get there.

Let's help each other get through today and the weekend. We can do it!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hello all, and hi to the new July members!

Happy to be starting day 3.

I've been putting off returning a phone call to an old friend who lives on the other side of the country.
She and her husband like to drink a lot, her hb developed diabetes thru heavy drinking.

I dreamt last night that I told her i had a problem with drinking, and she said, life wouldn't be worth living without alcohol.
I do need to call her and I plan to be honest with her, and tell her that I am in trouble. I anticipate that she will be uncomfortable.
But she'd invited me to visit this Summer at their cottage, and I haven't even got back to her, it's so rude of me, but I couldn't envision being around a lot of drinking.
Sorry just rambling, stuck in my bubble, so want to break free.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Just checking in here on Day 4. Made it through the 4th without a problem for the most part (aside from some internal withdrawl issues- nothing major) hopefully I can make it last this time!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 2 of working since my recent binge is now in the books. Still embarrassed as heck about how I behaved at this work outing earlier in the week. Made an ass out of myself and now I'm walking around work with my tail between my legs. Hope time can fix this one and people will just forget. Just hate feeling mortified about what I said, what I did, etc. The worst part is I don't remember which automatically makes me assume the worst. Going to AA tonight and looking forward to it. This will be my first meeting ever but I'm ready for it. Wish me luck!!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Enjoying Recovery

Day 3 here. Bouncing off the walls but determined to beat it. It's taken far to much of my life already and it's not taking any more!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good luck, SM, that's a big step, hope it goes well.

Ladybug, good luck tomorrow, and over the weekend. I think I know a little how you feel, getting a bunch of time under your belt, then...well you know.

I left a message with my girlfriend, rambled on, I don't like leaving messages on voicemail, but its done now, told her I'm in trouble, didnt elaborate, it still feels so horribly shameful to admit this problem, I'm a good person, how did I get here??

Thank goodness for SR.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Started sobriety on July 1 and I'm still here, definitely want to be in the July class. I think the first day was so hard that I keep telling myself that I don't want to go through it again.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Day 2 of working since my recent binge is now in the books. Still embarrassed as heck about how I behaved at this work outing earlier in the week. Made an ass out of myself and now I'm walking around work with my tail between my legs. Hope time can fix this one and people will just forget. Just hate feeling mortified about what I said, what I did, etc. The worst part is I don't remember which automatically makes me assume the worst. Going to AA tonight and looking forward to it. This will be my first meeting ever but I'm ready for it. Wish me luck!!
Let us know how the AA meeting went, I still have not gone. Scared silly.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi all,

Welcome new classmates!

Day 6 and, although I made it through the 4th holiday, I am feeling anxious about the weekend. I slipped the past 2 Saturdays so worried about what tomorrow will bring. I cannot start over, again. It really sets me back, emotionally. Have more plans this Sat to keep busy so that should help. I am so sick of what alcohol has done to my mind. I just want to get through a day without obsessing over drinking/not being able to drink. I have been told that day will come, but it takes a lot of effort and hard work to get there.

Let's help each other get through today and the weekend. We can do it!
I totally agree, I cannot do the first day over again.