Notices

Class of July 2013

Old 07-02-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Count me in too. This is my 12th night off the drink and I plan to be dry the whole of July. Been in bed early every night reading SR on my tablet instead of drinking. Been finding it a great support. Things I have read on here strike me throughout the day when my mind wanders to lusting for alcohol. So, let's go for Team July!
Carly
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I have not posted on here for a while but I have been working up to quitting for about a month now. I've known I need to quit for almost a year and have tried a couple of times since then without too much success. So once again this is day 1 (as an example of the messed up alcoholic mind, I want to count this as day 2 since I only had 1 beer yesterday which does nothing to me, lol).

I am even scared to post this in case I start up again.

Good luck to everyone else in the class.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark03 View Post
I was thinking to myself lately and trying to work out, of all the regrets/mistakes ive made, how many of them were drink related..in all honesty, i cannot think of one that wasnt through alcohol..how shocking is that.
You've got no idea how much that resonates with me. The nail absolutely on the head. Lets domthis
Old 07-02-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well, back again and trying for another day 1. I am at least going to try to be brutally honest here (can't seem to IRL). The bf no longer believes I can stay sober (and I worry that he is right-I can't seem to come up with much happiness). Although if I take it one day at a time problems do seem to solve themselves. What seem horrifically impossible 3 days ago has been resolved.

It doesn't take much to set me off to drinking but I CANNOT!! The next stop for me will not be pretty; I am really getting too old for this.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Glad to see this class growing! End of Day 3 here. I have been here so many times in the last few months - feels like I am in that movie Groundhog Day? Good thing is I know it gets better. The first week is always the hardest.

Bedtime here on the East Coast. Looking forward to sleeping well and waking up hangover free. Hope everyone is feeling OK and staying strong. Come here if you need support. It really does help
Old 07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Joined class of June 2013, got about half way thru the month and messed up yet again.
I sound like a broken record, and I hate the fact that I'm writing a post like this again. So badly want to take charge of my life, so badly need this crazy addictive behaviour to stop.
So here i go again, going to give this another go.
I feel a lot stronger when I visit SR daily.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sam, Jstar, Brian, Mark, Carly, Zoey Pamel and misterritter

Think a little about what you need to change - this can be your month guys

D
Old 07-02-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm in too

I mentioned in my first comment that H and I signed up for Dry July. Here in Australia, it's a fundraiser for adults with cancer. You commit to no alcohol of he month of July, and people sponsor you, with the money going to the charity.

It makes it easier for me that H is doing it also, but like so many even in here, I have hidden from him just how much I've been drinking.

It started with Dry July as a catalyst to 'cut back', but I'm hoping to make my sobriety last much, much longer than that.

The courageous people on here have helped me admit to myself that I will never be a 'normal' drinker- that I need to give it up for good.

I'm on day 3, feeling pretty awful and very shaky. Looking forward to seeing what it feels like once the withdrawals pass.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Count me in too xx

Taken me a while to figure out to post from phone now I have I got no time to post lol work awaits

Anyways day3 here feeling better than first 2 depression and tiredness gone not always good by Friday why I Need to quit be quickly forgotten by cravings been here way to often..

Will catch up with you lovely people later

Take care xxx
Old 07-03-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnTheLinks View Post
You've got no idea how much that resonates with me. The nail absolutely on the head. Lets domthis
it sums me up !
Old 07-03-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Kys

Im in, definitely.

Didn't have a fantastic June but I did string the most amount of collectively sober days together since I've started fighting this (joined SR); close to at least. I had sober days as a result of being in the June class and that's something.

In a bit of a distant place right now, need to come back to earth, hold on to how amazing I felt when I got a few days together

Best to all. I've had plenty of back and forths, fleeting moments when I'd even feel too ashamed to post here, let alone read posts, is that AV?

Kys
Old 07-03-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlygirl View Post
Been in bed early every night reading SR on my tablet instead of drinking. Been finding it a great support.
Carly
me too!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm In!

JUL 1 here! Congrats guys!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome everyone. Day 3 for me, and it is amazing how much better I feel even after just a few days of not drinking. I almost feel like a different person! The key to hold this in the front of my brain when cravings hit.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Had a great sleep last night after a rotten, emotional wreck of a day. Watched Flight to reinforce my plans. I never have insomnia even after binging so I guess I'm lucky. Had another upsetting contretemps with a different family member today but no inclination to drink on it. Usually I'd be like 'F**K him, I'm going to the pub' but no interest. Hubby is away so just me and the dogs for company. I felt so mean yesterday being too hungover to even take them for a walk poor things. Hope everyone's well.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I made it to the gym tonight for the first time in months and I'm pleased I followed through on my decision to go. Watched Wimbledon when I got home with a cup of tea. Don't usually watch telly when I'm not drinking, don't even sit in the living room because I can't relax in there without drinking.

I DID something with my evening and I ENJOYED it. Breakthrough!

Also, Andy Murray won, which helps.

Best to all, hope everyone still going strong.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi all-

I made it through my third sober night. Felt pretty awful yesterday- very lethargic, grumpy and shaky. Thought I was in for a really rough night of missing wine, after the kids were in bed, I actually felt much calmer. I rely on wine to get me through the evenings with them usually.

I made a pot of herbal tea, and was very happy with that.

I slept really well, after barely sleeping for the first 2 night, but that was probably helped by the antihistamine I took before bed. Took a while o drift off, but i made myself feel happy and excited about all the positive changes this will bring for me. Anyway, okay will hopefully be easier, after a decent nights sleep.

This morning I'm feeling confident and positive.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 4 and getting ready to go to a 4th of July outing with my hubby, 3 yr old daughter and few of our friends. Had a pretty good day - went to the gym, took my daughter to the library for story time and did some grocery shopping before the stores got packed, but for the last hour my AV has been giving me a hard time. I think it is because we are going out tonight and in the past I would have had snuck a few drinks by now. Always needed to get a buzz going before going out ....Anyway, hopefully this craving will pass and I will wake up to Day 5 tomorrow. Playing the tape forward....this merry-go-round has to end.

Hope everyone is doing well. Stay strong
Old 07-03-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome GymJunkie, Tallia, Kys and CrimsonKing
Have you American July Guys got sober plans in place to deal with the 4th?

D
Old 07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I've been on SR for a couple of years but never joined a class. I stopped for over 3 months a couple of years ago and felt wonderful, got my weight and health issues under control and then celebrated the birth of my great niece for over a year - my health issues and weight returned. I tried again this past May and was almost 30 days when I decided moderation was the ticket, and so June became another binge.

So - here I am, whipped but trying once more. Day 4.

Edited to add:
I've been spending this day watching some amazing youtube videos put out by National Geographic about alcohol and drug addiction - very sobering indeed. Check them out.