Yay for soberclover ,

M
Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sober start to day 6. All is right with the world. I think AV is on vacation
Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning sober weekenders!

I am such a morning person as it is. I just enjoy them much much more when I'm note hung over.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Today is day 14 for me. Two weeks! I'm still riding the euphoria of newly sober. Although I'm not complaining.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Dang peeps, I'm late to the sober weekend party!! But I'm here now so let's get rolling....

No big weekend plans. There was a newcomer to my home group meeting last night. Tonight I'm taking her to a speaker meeting. Listening to her was like looking in a mirror. I so remember being in that fight and struggling to let go.

Ken, like you I LOVE waking up in the morning feeling good. It seems to be when I'm most aware of how awesome sobriety can be.

I've become accustomed to the weekend thread and look forward to it every weekend! It's a lifesaver, that's for sure!

Rock on beautiful sober people - make today count!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Breakfast (for 3): 16 FEB 2013
Where there's bacon there's always a little extra happiness.

Guess who ate the extra piece.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Mmmmm.....bacon yes that says weekend. Hi all still Love , Love , Love waking up on Saturday not hungover!!! A little tired but just from the week stuff.

So just being lazy eating and drinking coffee this AM. It is warming up a bit here so I will take the dogs for a walk in the foothills. Then do something creative. Nice to be able to think clearly about a plan

Happy sober weekend everybody.

Hugs
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

And so Saturday begins! Day 4 of this cold and feeling a bit better. Had several drinking dreams last night, so woke up feeling a bit strange, but then realized what happened. I was very careful not to get any medications that have alcohol in them and I certainly didn't drink any alcohol, so just some bad dreams.

I was supposed to go run stairs to train for the Big Climb coming up in March, but I may have to cancel for today and resume once I feel better. Despite feeling sick, overall feeling good. Holiday Monday, so it is a nice long three day weekend. Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there on this Saturday. We had some sun yesterday, so was hoping for more today, but welcome to Washington State!

The bacon in the picture above looks so good....
Old 02-16-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Got through the Ladies' Brunch, now going to hole up in my room and crank away on homework, Lord willing. I have two big assignments and two tiny ones to get done by Monday midnight. The problem is, I'm driving all day Monday with my college-bound son to go to a conference at a college. A whole day of my prime school time shot! So I've gotta buckle down and STAY THE HECK OFF SR!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Got the computer but my my monitor wouldn't automatically adjust the resolution and display panel would not work. All the windows 8 icons were there but off the edge of the screen. LOL. Thank Heavens for Geek Squad Online! Now to start downloading software and importing old files. No worries on the drinking front....AV has been staying low key

Made a list yesterday of all the things I would miss about drinking, then wrote down a counterpoint to each. It really slammed home the argument for giving it up and gives a me solid foundation to return to when the voice tries to come back. I am sure it gains power based on its surroundings so I will probably steer clear of a few triggers over the next couple of months

Keep posting your comments help keep me grounded and focused!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Quit for Lent so day 4 for me. Trying a liver cleanse on Saturday, going out for some salad for dinner, and church and dinner on Sunday. Back to work on Monday... no Holiday for me.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

What's a liver cleanse? Anything like a colon cleanse?
Old 02-16-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

The sun came out so I caved and did stairs! Not as many as usual, but getting some fresh air actually helped out my sinuses and shook some of this cabin fever. The dog is wiped out- it was my first time taking him to do stairs. He is tuckered out and sleeping next to me. Definitely a good day.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Didn't make it too far out today although did manage food shopping (finally!), laundry, and a nice long nap. AV was pretty persistent today so I dusted of my copy of Rational Recovery. I ran in to a friend of mine who is playing in his band today and I felt sorry for myself as I'm not in a place yet to go out to a bar where drinking happening to listen to music. I had to remind myself that many many people stay at home on the weekend, eating dinner at home and just hang out rather then go out to the bars. How dumb that I think it is normal to go out on the weekend and abnormal to be in. My old normal didn't work for me. New normal may be a little slow right now but that really is what I need! I love this weekend post!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Home from the dinner with my family and still sober and alcohol free. I already posted about it in the Class of February thread. That was the only tempting part of the weekend that I was a little concerned about. I'm relieved to be home now and free of temptation. My AV was screaming for a drink tonight. It felt good to leave the restaurant without having a drop!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Well done, Clarity! Saturday nights are tough for me but it's a great feeling when the battle is won and you know Sunday morning will not include a miserable hangover.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Well a sober day, so I need to be happy about that. Just didn't really feel like doing much of anything. Took alot just to get up & get ready for the day. did make one short trip to the store & stayed to myself most of the day. Just alot of reflection, trying not to get too worked up about court this coming week.
All I can really do is keep busy, Keep Praying, Keep Believing, & Keep Sober.
~Peace & Have a good weekend all
Jules
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 5 begins! ... might be my first sober weekend!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

keep knocking out the hours and you will get there pamel , moment by moment . I used to brush my teeth undress and go to bed at 7pm at the begining so i was "safe"

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Right on Pamel! You can do it!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sober Weekenders!

FINALLY got my DVD-ROM working again. A tech geek friend came up with a workaround that is ...ummmm...working around, I guess. This is good, as now I can slay the dragon and rescue the princess in the evenings.

Bacon, eggs and sausage are in the belly. Time to go watch my wife be indecisive about which new tile she wants me to start laying in a room we are remodeling. My AV will be barking about that, I'm sure!