Notices

Sober Weekend Thread: FEB 15-18, 2013

Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It was nice to see this post as I was just surfing the internet for ideas on what were some "sober weekend activities". I'm starting to experience my Friday afternoon crazies. I have a counseling appointment at 4pm...phew...good thing! Going out to dinner tonight and then early to bed as exhausted. Not sure after that. I will check here again for ideas as there are always so many
Old 02-15-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Day 531 on sober beach where the living is easy , just turn left at lake wobegone ..
I'll be meditating on desire , thinking how those things i've really yearned for have caused me the most suffering, alcohol being a good case in point ..

So just some quite time this weekend to look at my motivations and desires , examine and think about them .

Bestwishes everyone , M
Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Got tired of water every night...decided to celebrate Friday instead of worrying about it. First attempt:

1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1 banana
1/2" ring of fresh pineapple
Tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut
Dash of grenadine syrup for coloring

Blend, pour over ice....not bad but I tend to like a little more sour taste, will probably increase the lime, lemon and cut down to half a banana

Enjoy
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Mecanix the thinker! Do you have to put your head on your hand when you do?

I will be doing some thinking about motivations as well.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good sober weekend everyone

D
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Just cleaned out (partially) the wood workshop. Took out my last 'bag of shame'. That;s the bag that makes all kinds of racket when lifted from the bin because of all the empties in the bottom of it. I used to throw away the 'hidden' bottles in the shop can, and then sweep the floor or empty the shop vac into it to prevent my wife from nosing through it.
Yeesh, I was sick.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Relaxing at home. Recovery days suck. Everything hurts... but at least I will wake clear and ready for the day!

Have a good night folks.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Just cleaned out (partially) the wood workshop. Took out my last 'bag of shame'. That;s the bag that makes all kinds of racket when lifted from the bin because of all the empties in the bottom of it. I used to throw away the 'hidden' bottles in the shop can, and then sweep the floor or empty the shop vac into it to prevent my wife from nosing through it.
Yeesh, I was sick.
Ah, those rattling bottles! I used to wrap them in paper towels (thought I was the only one doing that but just saw that on another thread.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Avoided my office cocktail party ( which was my downfall last Friday) got home and have a chicken wing pizza and movie night ahead of me. AV isn't making a peep, so the weekend is off to a great start
Old 02-15-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I plan to work all weekend, but am okay with that because I like this new side job I have. I get to go into all kinds of cool stores, restaurants,etc. and explore the area. Mom will be in her daycare so I get a break from amusing her for the day. I will probably also cook, and maybe even have time to read a little. I have a huge stack of bills to sort, which will be the least fun part of the next couple of days.

Enjoy the weekend everyone-good job on checking in and telling the AV to stuff it
Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm in! Day 7 today. I'm over most if not all of the withdrawal symptoms. Ready to tackle this weekend and get some things done around the house. No alcohol, no hangover, no dry heaves, no black outs, no getting out of bed in the middle of the night to stumble in the bathroom and chug water from the sink.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, everyone! I had all kinds of plans for the weekend, but caught the crud a lot of my family and friends seem to have gotten. So, alas, much of my weekend will be spent resting. Will probably try to at least get the dog out for a few walks, but otherwise there may be some reading and TV in my future. All good though, will just ride it out. Have a safe and sober weekend, friends.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Going to finish that novel. Study for an anatomy and physiology exam. Begin another painting project. Possibly go to the flea market.

And tomorrow I am attending a meeting. First one I will have gone to since I moved four years ago. I'm kind of nervous about that but I am sure I will be fine. Happy Weekend!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

8.50am, bacon cooked and eaten. The weekend has officially started...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good morning. My AV was especially loud and persistent yesterday. I still won, but he was definitely influencing my mood all evening.

I need to get my positive mental attitude back on track today. Did somebody say "bacon"?

Happy Saturday, Sober People! Let's do this!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sorry I should have whispered it Very yummy it was too. Have a great day all.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

So from my phillisophical mood yesterday , this morning (uk 9am now ) i'm enjoying watching time team on the televison whilst drinking coffee . no chatter in my head at all , it's like a desert in here , what a change ...

Still making that desk Non ? i very nearly bought a router a few years back when i had a workshop , there is a magazine about routers in the uk , i even saw someone had made a wooden pineapple !

Be cool y'all , M
Old 02-16-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Starting day 9 and getting ready to go to an 8:30 am meeting. Good way to start the day.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ended up sitting in dining room of local restaurant vs. the bar where we usually ate. I had a view of the bar and did some reflection on how I was glad to not spend my entire evening there. My friend who was bartending came out for a hug as many other staff saying hello to us in dining room vs. bar with a few quizical looks but no questions. While I won't make regular practice of going there as it was challening; I'm glad I went and now behind me. Enjoying coffee while all still asleep. Feeling brave and may venture "out in to the world of the mall" today; have been avoiding social situations. I raise my coffee mug to you all this morning and say congratulations on another sober morning!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Oh my sweet sweet sobriety. How I love you most in the morning. What god has put together let no AV come between.