Notices

Sober Weekend Thread: FEB 15-18, 2013

Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sign of a good Saturday.....

It was a great Saturday if you need Ibrupofren on Sunday due to the amount of exercise done yesterday and not the volume of poison poured down your throat.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Another sober sunday drawing to a close for me in the uk .
Didn't end up meditating much on dukkah , just had a sleepy weekend
which was fine ...

M
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thats exactly what I've been doing Mecanix - coming home from work, and in bed by 7.30 pm with laptop and books and tv. (to stay out of harms way!) Just feel I need to do this for the first weeks!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Weird day today, caught between old world and new world. Half of me is completely happy to be warm at home, getting things done, and enjoying a mellow day. The other half is jazzed up about being out in the snowstorm joining my friends for storm party. It's not even so much the AV as feeling restless. Cabin fever yet happy at home too. Very bizarre.

Hope you're all enjoying a sober Sunday!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

After getting a lot done yesterday, today I have done a bunch of NOTHING. I started a new book last night which I finished this morning, cleaned the kitchen, played on the XBox and now getting caught up on some shows. I put food in the crockpot- I imagine the house smells good, but with this darn cold I wouldn't know A lazy day, but I am ok with it. I am off tomorrow for the holiday and I have a lot of stuff to do, so might as well chill today. Happy Sunday everyone!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

My Sunday is winding down; another sober weekend! Slept a ton this weekend; I think I was emotionally exhausted. I need to work on not doing the same this coming week; I'll focus more on letting things go. Great job everyone staying sober!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
I'm in! Day 7 today. I'm over most if not all of the withdrawal symptoms. Ready to tackle this weekend and get some things done around the house. No alcohol, no hangover, no dry heaves, no black outs, no getting out of bed in the middle of the night to stumble in the bathroom and chug water from the sink.
I think I've made it. Day 9 on this Sunday evening.

My "present" to myself for making it a week was to babysit my nephew for a few hours on Saturday night. Not only did it keep me from thinking about drinking, I got to spend time with the little guy and it allowed my bro and his wife to have a little date night- a rarity for them. It feels pretty good to not be a selfish drunken dirtbag.

Hope everyone else also had a great sober weekend. Thanks for making this thread.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I have tomorrow off,so the weekend isn't over yet for me. My AV has been all fired up this weekend, but I keep bopping him on the head like whack-a-mole. Right now he's telling me that when my wife and daughter go to work tomorrow I will have the house to myself and if I had a few drinks early, no one will know.

Fortunately I am way ahead of him. Last week I scheduled an electrician and the cable company to be here on Monday. I'll not be alone, after all. So, suck it AV, I'll not be your easy prey! Haha!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good plan Non..I am home this Sunday eve after being with people all weekend and my AV was talking in my right ear, saying you could have one drink no one would know. Thankfully my regular voice chimed in and said yes.. but you would know!

That is the good part of being sober my regular voice and brain are much wiser than my AV and my intoxicated brain..making me not want to disappoint MYSELF anymore either

Love the stay sober weekend thread!!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Nonsensical.... How are you doing with the time home alone? Would like to hear from you.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Weas, did you see Non's thread? Apparently he's been getting a good bit of "action" at Lowe's

I know where I'm going today! My fellow shoppers at Lowe's better watch out! LOL
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

At the risk of sounding brash.... I prefer homo depot as my home fix up store.

But hey... Get where and when ya can huh?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
HAHAAAA
I freakin' heart you! <3
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I was alone for about 15 minutes this morning. Then the cable dude showed up. Then the pool heater dudes. Then the security alarm dude. (I had forgotten about them.) Electrician dude comes this afternoon.

My AV told me it was OK to be drunk in front of all these dudes - that I could tell them what I needed with a good buzz on, and if they knew I was drunk, well then 'screw it' I am paying them. Who cares what they think? They've seen drunks before.

Thinking it through, however, I am unwilling to bear the pained and disappointed looks on the faces of my daughter and wife when they figured me out. And they would. I can't imagine me having anything close to a moderate drinking experience. I would guzzle until somebody came home, unless I passed out first.

So, I have work to do around here. Hitting things with a hammer is highly therapeutic. I have half a pallet of sod to distribute around my yard. Then I am going to spray paint "AV" on the empty pallet and beat the sh!t out of it with a 4 pound maul. If it gives me any crap, I'll break out 'the b!tch' on it. (that's my 8 pound maul). It will fit in my trash can by this evening.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

To funny!

We have to do what's needed no matter what that is. That's the only way this works. All in or not in. Period.

Have at it man!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nonsensical
Thinking it through, however, I am unwilling to bear the pained and disappointed looks on the faces of my daughter and wife when they figured me out. And they would. I can't imagine me having anything close to a moderate drinking experience. I would guzzle until somebody came home, unless I passed out first.
The beast cares nothing of your wife and child. IT will sacrafice even them in it's quest. Good thing you are in charge. and you are...in charge.

and as far as this...
I can't imagine me having anything close to a moderate drinking experience.
For me, there came a time when the thought of even a moderate drinking experience held no appeal.

Hitting things with a hammer is highly therapeutic.
Demolition is a beautiful thing.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Alright you cheat!! My first weekend sober is 3? DAYS!!!???

Oh alright, so it's Day 6...