Notices

Sober Weekend Thread: FEB 15-18, 2013

Old 02-15-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Sober Weekend Thread: FEB 15-18, 2013

It's Friday!

I have Monday off, so it's a 3-day weekend! That used to mean I could drink guilt free on Sunday. Now it means I might actually get some stuff done at my house. If the weather is good, I work on my deck. If the weather is bad, I start laying tile in a room we are remodeling.

Oh man, I hope the weather is good! Laying tile stinks! (Actually it wouldn't be so bad if I could put the floor on a bench to work on it, it's the up and down on my knees that stinks!)

What are all the other beautiful sober people doing this weekend?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today will be day 3 for me so I am looking for my first sober weekend. Plenty to do, I feel good...and have hope for the first time in months.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love the sober weekend threads!
I have some house chores cleaning that need to be done...(salt and sand on the floors from last weeks snowstorm), but clean is serene for me. I lived in chaos when drinking.
Sunday i'm going to a family dinner and making the puff pastry wrapped brie...(topped with mango/peaches). And i found a great gift my sil, the birthday girl will love.
A little grocery shopping and taking my dog for a long walk, weather permitting.
I'm also reading creports 2013 car buying guide, ugh!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I should be having a relaxing weekend for a change. I will be doing two assignments for a college class I'm taking (finishing my bachelors at age 53--Lord willing I'll graduate in August). I plan to cook dinner on Saturday. No entertaining. Sunday church and a big lunch at a restaurant, then long nap and an everybody-fend-for-yourself dinner. Monday instead of drinking I'll do more schoolwork.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love the weekend thread! Thanks for starting it Nonsensical!

I have today and Monday off, so it is a nice 4 day weekend for me. Normally I would have started a case of beer last night and put a big dent in it. I'm happy that's not my situation now.

Today is day 13 for me, and this will be my 2nd weekend in a row sober!

My only plans are to spend time with family this weekend. Saturday night will be the first time I have to turn down alcohol with other people in my family. I have the mindset where I'm not going to make a huge deal of it. I'm simply not going to drink during dinner. It's nobodies business anyway.

Anyway (ramble ramble ramble)... Those are my plans. What's everyone else doing?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is day 5 sober and weekends are the hardest! But I'm confident I can make it through sober...especially with my new "method" ;-). I'll probably smoke a lot as I've promised my self to give up on monday if I can do a week sober... But yeah, bunch of movies, housework, tasty food, relaxing, awesome
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Two days ahead of me Easyrider; I am going to be following your lead :-)
Old 02-15-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like some good plans you've got there!! I work friday and saturday night so my weekend is hectic with a little downtime. Last weekend my business was closed so I spent the entire weekend snowed in! I'm actually pretty excited to get back at it tonight. Like you said, when I was drinking I would have just gone nuts! My plan is to just take the next couple days slow and steady and trying to think about what I'm doing from hour to hour.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy Friday weekend gang! Tonight I'm going out for dinner with a couple of girlfriends and then to one's new apartment to oooh and aaaah and then watch a scary movie. Tomorrow night me and the hubs will probably go out for our Valentine's day dinner if we can think of someplace we want to go, neither one of us is cravings anything in particular. I have a cold so will definitely need some quality couch time, think we're going to watch Zero Dark Thirty, and I'll probably be blowing my nose a lot. Oh - and NOT drinking!
Enjoy!
-Alison
Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Looking forward to my first sober weekend of the year. Plan is to leave AV at work and let it stress out while I enjoy three days off with my wife and son.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I had a rough day yesterday. But that is yesterday. I live in the today frame of mind.

So with that I can tell you I will stay sober every today this weekend.

Thanks for being here my friends. I need you right now. Have an exciting weekend planned of getting new furniture and playing wii bowling with my sober friend.

Of course find something to cook Sunday... My cook day... As I relax and read how you are doing.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Buying a new computer....motherboard on my current one is shot. On a healthier note, I will probably head down to the local bike shop and get fitted for a new Hybrid bike. I try to go to crossfit a couple of days a week but I need something to do on the other days and weekends. I hate running and cycling seems less abusive on these old knees. The weekends are going to be tough for a while unless I find something else to do besides drink....if it is something that helps me get in better shape then it's a win-win. Next week will be my first true test as I will be on the road/in hotels for the entire week...the best part is the person who will be traveling with me quit alcohol a few years back so I may have to loop him in....a little reluctant to share with a coworker though.....
Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just cooking some dinner here (exciting!) Our local co-op store has a charity donate a book sale thing going on and amongst all the rubbish people are throwing out I found a Harlen Coben I haven't read yet, so that's my bit of good fortune for the day and my evening sorted
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My sons are coming to visit this weekend and stay through Tuesday for my birthday. Sooo excited that I'll be focused on just them and not preoccupied with sneaking away for drinks. It's going to be a beautiful, sober, clear headed weekend.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This will be my first sober weekend in awhile. I've been reading a lot about AVRT and have been just telling that voice to shut up. I'm a weekend binger and I always start debating with that voice and lose. Today I've been saying, "No, I'm not getting into it with you...now shut the **** up!" It seems to be working but I need to stay on top of it. Yes, I probably sound crazy but that's my plan for the long weekend.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I see some awesome plans for the weekend.

Watcha cookin' Weasel?

I bought a Diamondback bike in January, VACrowe. I like it, but I still don't get on it enough!

opgirl, My AV is begging for a kick to the jimmie this week. If I have to deliver that, it's probably going to look a lot weirder than just talking to yourself!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Not sure what to cook yet. I love to braise but not sure what yet.

Yes... It is going to be a good weekend.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This will be my 7th weekend sober, nothing exciting to report as I will be revising for a big exam on Tuesday so just I'll settle for getting through the weekend sober

Hope you all have a happy sober weekend

xxx
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi all,

My weekend started early as I had the day off today. I took advantage of todays nice weather to continue the fascia board project that started last weekend (but didn't finish due to it raining continuously).

As is often the case with DIY, I was nailing the new fascia board and out of the corner of my eye I noticed the bay window wood surround really does need some paint. So I've now got two projects on the go, putting paint remover on one whilst waiting for paint to dry on the other..

Tomorrow I'm off to visit my parents for the weekend so won't be checking in til Sunday, happy sober weekend everyone.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Just remembered I have to go to a ladies' brunch tomorrow. Probably half of them have been hearing about my struggle with alcohol at some point within the last 10 years. It's nice to be able to have good news to share instead of the same old excuses.