Notices

Class of February 2013

Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2013

Welcome

This is the thread for everyone quitting drinking or drugs this month of February 2013

All you have to do to join is post.

You'll find a lot of support here - please come and join us!

D
Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm going to slot myself in the Feb group, even though I'm starting day 4 of my sobriety and technically should be in the Jan group.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi all, today is a new day 1 for me today. I had 13 days sober in December and then really blew January. But I'm back and ready to change my life and be sober from here on out. I hope it's okay that I join in with the February group.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

From a member of the January group, best of luck to those joining the February group. It's great having a similar group of folks to keep tabs with and help each other out. May you have a sober month, starting with Feb 1!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think I'll slot in here also, I had and attempt in December, but with Christmas, New Year and a January Holiday abroad it was always going to be a lost cause.
So all celebrations over, Spring on it's way and the start of a new month to call this Day 1.

"Pick myself up, dust myself down and start all over again.!"
The stopping is easy it's the staying stopped thats hard.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am going to slip in here too, although technicnally i quit on 25th jan, i only came out of detox yesterday...so today is my first day in the big wide world.
Love to everyone
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I definitely need to be here..last drink was 530 am to help me sleep..that didn't work...feel like crap and need to be done with this poison
Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there good luck with your attempt
Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'll jump in. I'm hoping this is my last day one.
Last Thursday I went to my first AA meeting.
I'm also seeing a therapist. It was really her that got me to go to the meeting. I really didn't want to go. She came up with a novel way to get me comfortable with the idea. She asked me if I could just go and sit in my car about ten minutes before the meeting started. Just watch people go into the meeting. I did that 3 or 4 times. I could see the people and they looked like everybody and anybody. So I finally went into the meeting last Thursday. I slipped up last night so now I'm going to be going to meetings regularly and look for a sponsor.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I will join February group too, however I am four days strong so technically my date is January 29th. Looking forward to giving and receiving support. Lets enjoy this month sober.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by RocketQueen View Post
I'm going to slot myself in the Feb group, even though I'm starting day 4 of my sobriety and technically should be in the Jan group.
+1 :ghug3
Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hi all, am class of january 2013 and just wanted to say to everyone just starting this amazing journey- GOOD LUCK!
take heart and support from the incredible people on here, stay strong and be safe. i wish you all well.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm another member of the January class wishing all of you good luck. I'm proud of each and every one of you for having the courage to take on this challenge. Stick together ... post both the good and the bad. Learn from each other.

I made it through January and feel so much better than just a month ago. I didn't realize how much alcohol had robbed from me until I started to regain what I had lost. I'm also sure I'm only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Go get 'em Class of February!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

At work now, finally feeling a little better. I am worried about falling asleep tonight. Any suggestions? I have sleepy tea and dream water. I still feel very anxious
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by wino1234 View Post
At work now, finally feeling a little better. I am worried about falling asleep tonight. Any suggestions? I have sleepy tea and dream water. I still feel very anxious
I am plagued with sleep issues myself. Here are some things that help me:
No TV in the bedroom
Get the temperature right
I like white noise, so I run a fan all night
Have a book on the nightstand. I use a Kindle now, so I don't have to turn on the light to read (which my wife appreciates)
"Trying' to sleep for longer than about 15 minutes just gets me anxious and less likely to sleep. If I'm not asleep in 15 minutes, back to reading.
Good Luck!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

A big friendly hello from someone from the class of January.
Hang in there and enjoy the support your SR classmates will give you.
to sobriety.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy Groundhog Day!

Although, unlike the movie Groundhog Day, being 5 days sober, today WILL NOT be like all the others!

Day 5: I've only had a handful of those in the past 5 years. Thanks for inspiring me to stay stronger than I usually am!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am immensely frustrated with myself, and my multiple failed attempts and day ones, and twos, and even all the way to 60. But, today is brand new day and only one day into brand new month. I want to join this group and get through another day one and hopefully my last. I know I don't sound so positive or motivated, I'm just trying to forgive myself and start over. I really hate alcohol and what it does to me and it baffles me that I have become so addicted to something so damaging to me in so many ways.
But I won't give up..let's make it a sober month.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Joining the team, today is day 6. Haven't made it this long in probably over a year. I thank AA.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am filled w a lot of emotions..had some sleeping issues test and withdrawal. Does anyone ever get a pit in their stomach? Anyway woke up at 230 had a shot of vodka..got that warm feeling in my chest and went to sleep...same thing at 430....woke up at 830 and went to gym at 1000....I can't tell you how walking out of the gym made me feel..I really don't ever wanna pick up a drink again..I hope I don't. I want Feb 2 to be my day...hands a little shaky but otherwise I feel good....I can't wait till I get all this out of my system