Notices

Lets stay sober all weekend - Thursday to Sunday Feb 10th!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Just went to the supermarket and now I am really regretting that I did not get Bacon!! I did get a red velvet coffee though, and it is delicious!!!

Still around for sure Brita, just keeping working towards it, don't give up!!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I need more bacon for tomorrow. Right now I only eat bacon on the weekends. Maybe once or twice during the week. Its not a problem, I can quit whenever I want.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Sounds like we need a bacon thread...
Old 02-09-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by nonsensical
its not a problem, i can quit whenever i want.
lmao
Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Same can be said of brownies for me. The box I made yesterday is gone.

I got a look from some one in the house and I hung my smudged face in shame. Wonderful tasty shame.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I am preparing to make my daughters favorite cookie. I am going to send them to her for Valentines Day along with a hoodie that is an irresistable shade of lime. I seldom make these because they are a real pain in the ass. Of course she loves them. It is shortbread with a dent in the middle that is filled with raspberry preserve then striped with an almond glaze. They are delicious and decandent.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Wow, those cookies sound great. Wish I had one for dessert!

Just got in after a long day's studying and drinking cups of tea with friends. Also went to AA earlier this evening and the mood there was really good tonight. A lot of gratitude was expressed by the speaker and by the people in the room. I also am grateful to be in the middle of my third sober weekend in a row. I am so happy that I have the option to wake up clear headed and alert on Sunday and Monday. I've done a lot of constructive things today and I think I've probably put a smile on a few other people's faces, too.

I'm going to make some supper now but I'll check in with you guys before I go to bed tonight. They're forecasting more snow in London overnight so I'm glad I'm not be going to be staggering home from the pub in a blizzard!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

It never gets old.... Going out in public at drunk time. I would ALWAYS be smashed at this time. Still feels so good to do that!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I'm baking lemon squares (*Krustez box recipe doctored up) and making a homemade pizza!

hopefully going to play some scrabble later with neighbors....my roads are clear and salted we only got 8-9 inches...i live in a gated community where i pay for all the amenities like my walks driveway being done.

bought the dog a new striped sweater..he looks cute and he hates it with a passion!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

ok guys. Just made a lovely pork and vegetable stew, spiced with chilli and paprika. There's some left in the pot for tomorrow, too. Hooray! So, I've made it through to Saturday bedtime without a drink: my third sober weekend in a row looks well within reach now. I'll be back in touch tomorrow morning. Goodnight.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Did something tonight I haven't done in a while... Instead of drinking wine to relax while I cooked dinner tonight, I put some chill out music on. Something so simple but what a result... Just put on my Pandora Tori Amos station and let it pick the music for me. Nice and relaxing and comes with zero calories, hangover or regrets!
Old 02-09-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Retreating to the bedroom to watch TV and be very very lazy. Sober sleeping is so much deeper. I hope I get some tonight.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Nighty Night. Sweet Sober Dreams!!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Hubby got home last night and we had a good chat then and again this morning. As much as I have this freedom from knowing I don't have to hide my drinking or bottles or lack of memory, he admits his side was basically the same- he isn't worried every minute of what he will walk up to the next time he sees me. We can look at each other morning, noon or night and neither of us has feat or shame in his/her eyes. I can give him a kiss instead of a quick peck and get away before he notices my breath. He said after nearly 20 years together he didn't believe this day would come. I have to hold on to this. Every day. Sobriety is so worth this feeling.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Hooray Alison!

Goodnight Weasel!

That's AWESOME bunny!

Another victorious day in Soberville!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

hey first time posting here but had a good weekend in terms of productivity! not so good in terms of thoughts. exercised a lot, stayed indoors because there's so much snow and i've caught a cold!

little over a month clean and sober and having a lot of thoughts of the past (things i regret doing, 90% thoughts about my last lover whom i can't seem to let go/ forgive myself for hurting through my addiction) wanting these thoughts to go away so i can be at peace in my mind!

anyways, stayed sober today and that in itself is a miracle gotta remember to pray and keep up on my meditation. so happy i stumbled across this forum
Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Same can be said of brownies for me. The box I made yesterday is gone.

I got a look from some one in the house and I hung my smudged face in shame. Wonderful tasty shame.
haha!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Is it Sunday already? This weekend is just flying by.

Slept a little better Saturday night. About 6 uninterrupted hours, and that's pretty good for me. I'll take that anytime.

Went out to dinner with my ladies (wife and daughter) at Pho last night. Vietnamese fare. The ladies loved it, but mine was just so-so. Dude at the next table pounded 4 beers with his dinner. 2 weeks ago that was me.

After we went to a grocery store to get bacon. It wasn't our normal grocery, and they didn't carry the brand I prefer, so we got some sausages instead. Looking forward to a big 'breffuss'!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post

Here is the partners desk I am building. I need shelves for the bookcase. Also the file cabinet in the foreground is temporary, I will build one to match the desk. (That's my daughter, sitting in my seat!)
You are so clever and talented. Makes me wonder how we ever had time or the inclination to drink.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

It's Sunday night here in Melbourne and I just found this thread :-) Made it through the weekend, though it was a white-knuckle Saturday, and am tucked in bed hoping for a better week to come. Three days sober.