Notices

Very Few Know

Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very Few Know

I havent told hardly anybody about my quitting drinking , last time i quit for 8 months a lot of people knew and it was really obvious i wasnt treated the same ,it really pissed me off..it was like people were treating me with kid gloves,i hated it .
so i decided nobody(very few) was going to know this time . So ,with nobody knowing things like what just happened will become challenging . I had a friend stop by and pay up my bottle of booze from our friendly bet on the recently finished football season ,this was before i quit..i now have alcohol in the house.i know i should give it away, but there is that voice again, all your friends drink ,your brothers and sisters drink , your dad is a alcoholic but he is the one bad apple.
I know ,im posting because the thought is crossing my mind, 27 days dont throw it away,maybe you just majorly screwed up last time? you were under a lot of stress. xmas , water tank,relationship problems , who wouldnt drink with all those problems ?you can control it if you really want to?
these are all the things running thru my mind at the moment, hate these thoughts.
on top of that it has been a very boring long weekend
somebody get up in my face ,i need it
Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Dump the bottle down the sink, NOW.

You don't have to find a "good home" for it. If you keep it there it will continue to play on your mind. So do it now while you are still able to.

Second, you can see how awkward it can get trying to keep your sobriety a secret. You don't have to make some huge announcement. All you need to do is to learn to say, when situations arise where you are offered a drink, "No thanks, I'm not drinking anymore." If asked why, just say you've decided it isn't good for you. It's a complete explanation. No further explanation is necessary, except in your own mind.

Seriously. Once you get a good stretch of sober time it will be a non-issue.

But throw out that bottle, DUMPING THE CONTENTS FIRST. You wouldn't be the first alkie to go dumpster diving.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I second what Lexie says--pour it down the drain.

It will end up there anyway--it is a worthless substance that our bodies throw away, after the damage is done. So why not just flush it now?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree, get rid of it.

I chose to not tell anyone that I was stopping drinking either. For me, I didn't want to answer questions or even to have to prove myself. I felt that I needed time to get to know myself before I put anything out there.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

First of all dump it Junk - there's nothing to be gained by fighting it...dump the bottle and the fights over...you win.

second... go back and read your old posts - and the responses you got back then - there's some good reading (and no I don't just mean my posts )

D
Old 02-10-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know ,everybody is right..there will be more to come ,Tuesday is my birthday ,i told everybody that asked that i just want to be left alone ,dont bother with my birthday ,never happens that way
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

one more hour till day 28 , I stuck with it , knocked those thoughts out of my head, didnt wanna waste all the work ive put in , gave myself a pat on the back.
I kinda like having the alcohol in the garage, to me if iam that fragile that the sight of alcohol or knowing it is around is enough to cause me to relapse ,then maybe im not ready to quit?
I shouldnt care its here, just like i should be able to be around people who are drinking,or go into a bar .
If im serious then it shouldnt be a issue, if people visit i can offer them a drink..
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you want to prove your strength, I think getting rid of it would be a far greater test of that, Junk.

D
Old 02-11-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I could be wrong but it sounds like your addiction talking in that last post...like "yeah, that's it, that's a good idea, I'll just keep it around for guests. yeah..."
I think Dee is right. Show it who's boss. Dump it. That takes cajones.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I could be wrong but it sounds like your addiction talking in that last post...like "yeah, that's it, that's a good idea, I'll just keep it around for guests. yeah..."
I think Dee is right. Show it who's boss. Dump it. That takes cajones.
maybe so , and if i drink that bottle you are absolutely correct ,but i dont plan on doing that ,its irrelevent that it is here..it shouldnt matter ,im going to continue with my sobriety