Notices

What now?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thinking of you lots Ken xxxxx
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I can definitely relate Weasel. I was carted off to jail last Christmas for punching my brother and throwing my plate across the room. I have never been violent when sober. Booze turns the nicest people into rage filled lunatics. I just had a relapse myself that resulted in being fired. Let's put this all behind us and move forward.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for what happened to you. I wish you a speedy recovery. And only sober days ahead. I got pretty busted up myself the other night,I blacked out,fell,and got banged up quite nicely. Yesterday was hell on earth. I'm still reeling from that one. But,better 2day. And hanging on for my life. Working on my recovery again. One day,one moment at a time. Will be praying for you.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Reading all the posts really makes me realize that we are kind of extreme in the extent of pain we have to put ourself trough to stop. We are natural no quitters wanting to quit.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

A new day today. Making the doctors appointment for my nose. Vision is blurry. Head hurts.

But this has changed me. This is the worst thing that ever happened. That should be telling me something. And it does.

You all have been with me for this rise. You will get to see something good come from this. I promise myself that.

Thank you for your support and love. It mean so very much to me.

Off to work to lie lie lie.

K
Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Simply say you had an accident and had to go to the hospital. It's not a lie.
And yes we are here for you. I remember how helpful you were to me during the recent hurricane, i so enjoyed reading your posts, thinking this guy can do it and he lives near the Long Island medium.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Lol... Yes this guy can do it.

I am still in shock.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Ken.

Do not overthink what you have to tell people about your accident, focus on sobriety, your health, and fixing all this. I once hit the floor of the swimming pool with my forehead, and had a big bruise after it. I was tired to explain that it wasn't from somebody's fist.

Take care. We are here for you)
Old 12-11-2012, 03:35 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hang in there today Ken. We're here for you.
I once chased an old boyfriend around his apartment with a butcher knife. It was a close call. He called 911 and I hightailed it outta there so fast before they came. So I know how low we can go when we drink
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hey Ken,

Wow, eh?!!

Absolutely you can do this!!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

And i hope you have a better day. Don't wallow in the incident, move forward. I know you are not going to forget the horror or embarrasment, but living inside it wont help you move forward either.
Feel free to join in the gratitude section. I find something good to be grateful for every day.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

What Fandy said Ken. I am glad you have gotten yourself together and are moving forward today. Good luck. Lets us know how the days goes.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Good luck at work today Ken! Hope you're feeling better soon. This too shall pass. Try not to beat yourself up too much and learn from the episode. You can probably come up with a very basic story for work-glad you're well enough to go in. Make sure you get checked out, especially the blurry vision as it could be a sign of a concussion!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

We love you Ken!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thinking about your day Ken. Let us know how you're doing
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and wanted to see how your day is going.
:ghug3
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Ken, so sorry to hear what happened. But you came here, so you're not giving up. So many of us have been there, done that in one way or another. We understand what you're feeling, and will not judge you.

What's done is done, you can't change it. As hard as it may be, you need to forgive yourself, and start moving forward. The only way to guarantee that this will never happen again, is to get sober. Like you, I am not a violent, angry person when I'm sober, but when I'm drunk I turn into a different person too. I understand the guilt and shame you're feeling. Once again, forgive yourself and make some much needed changes.

You have a very large family here that has your back!
Hang in there friend!
Jaz
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I am so sorry all of this happened.

Your partner had no right to hit you. I hope you stay away from him.

Hugs!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear what happened but I'm glad that you're going to use it as a springboard to personal growth and self understanding. Alcohol isn't bad in and of itself but it doesn't mix well with folks like us. I'm pretty laid back and would never think of punching someone, but about 15 years ago my GF was drunk and screaming at me and I grabbed her arm and shoved her away. The next day I learned I grabbed her hard enough to leave a nasty bruise, yet I don't even remember it. That's the only time I ever verged on violence while drunk but I hated myself for a couple years. But what's done is done, all you can do is make sure to do better in the future.

I want to be encouraging, but I have to get one thing off my chest; it's really really stupid to hate being gay! There's not a thing wrong with it. It's like hating yourself for being white or having blue eyes, it's just what you are. Accepting what you are is important, I think.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post

I want to be encouraging, but I have to get one thing off my chest; it's really really stupid to hate being gay! There's not a thing wrong with it. It's like hating yourself for being white or having blue eyes, it's just what you are. Accepting what you are is important, I think.
I agree 100%! You should embrace who you are! And from what I can tell, you seem like a wonderful human being.