Notices

Shaking hands :-(

Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shaking hands :-(

I've known for a while I guess, and haven't really faced it but my hands shake in the morning now.

I find it hard to type as fast as I did and make more mistakes.

Kept saying to myself that it was just me feel run down, but right now looking at them...they are just shaking.

I never thought I would get to that point, but then I never thought I would drink vodka at 9am either!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Ultrabunny
Have you quit drinking, or is that the plan?

D
Old 09-04-2012, 01:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I lived like that for over a decade.. It became I had to drink in order to not cut my fingers up, I am chef. So I would get to the restaurant early just to be able to have a couple heavy shots to fuction...

I hope you dont put yourself through the years of torture as I did.. Get help..

Be honest see a doctor and detox..

I am a member of AA and wouldnt be here to type these words without that change..
Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm taking antabuse at the moment, I know it doesn't work for everyone and it hasn't really worked for me but it does break the cycle initially.

I then need to do the work after to stop my AV convincing me that I'm a normal drinker!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Dont worry about what works for everyone , just what does for YOU.....

Like I said I am AA, but there are other options. Please grab a program and use it , your life surely can change for the better...

I wrote this last month and use it often to remind myself .. I hope it will help you even a tiny bit..

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...alcoholic.html
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just read it and yes it helped. Thank you.

When I used to try and quit I would feel better almost the next day or day after but today I feel like I drank last night (I didn't) and I know that tomorrow won't be much better.

It doesn't help that I have this huge event that I'm holding in just over 2 weeks and I'm terrified of failing so publicly. But I know that when I'm sober I can do almost anything...just don't believe in myself at all right now.

Sorry for negative post, I will be better in a few days :-)
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ultrabunny,
Shaking hands and drinking vodka at 9am .. my choice was whiskey and i think one of the worst times i had was a drinking session and complete blackout over 3 days in length.
I'm an alcoholic, always will be, the only thing that made my life get better was complete abstinance and then learning with how to deal with the world and its ups and downs sober. .
Thanks for posting , don't be a stranger , you're not alone with this .

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-04-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have also realised that my eyesight has been getting worse and again, just put it down to being tired.

And while I'm coming clean (!) I have noticed how I'm confused, find spelling simple words a bit tricky sometimes and forgetting stuff and becoming overwhelmed at the smallest of things.

I wish I could just take one magic pill!! I guess we all would.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

It was 9 or 10 days after my first (voluntary) AA meeting and 10 or 11 since my last drink. We held hands at the end of that meeting and afterward the woman next to me said, with some astonishment, "you’re still shaking"! I thought the shaking had ended days before. In fact I thought I was feeling extraordinarily well, in a pink cloud sort of way.

Below is a picture of the first page of an article about AA by Jack Alexander. I think it was the first major article about AA ever published. It pictures how one man used a towel to get a drink to his mouth.

It's astonishing the lengths to which some of us went for a drink.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My hands, arms and legs would shake. Sometimes I even saw it in my face. I'd have several hard vodka drinks to make it go away.... I would shake so badly I could't write!