Notices

What phony line did your Addiction try to feed you today?

Old 07-15-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Addiction is saying:
"You were just under stress. Now you can go back to having an occasional drink when you want. You've made way too big of a deal about this. You had no negative consequences from drinking. You're fine. Go ahead, prove to yourself that you are fine."

And I'm saying:
"Oh really? Then why did my mouthwash trigger cravings? Why did I abuse cough syrup when I ran out of booze? Why am I STILL cleaning up the messes I made when drinking? Why did I predrink privately before all public social events? Why did I not pay bills but yet STILL BOUGHT VODKA? Why did I drink it straight? ....Because I am actually only an occasional drinker? What a humungous liar you are. You appeal to my ego's desire to forget my degenerate behavior. Well I won't forget it. Evil MO, addiction. You must be getting desperate to sink so low!!"
Old 07-15-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

"If you don't drink again you'll never feel good again, you know you can have a few drinks now and then, it will make you feel better"

Right. Drink that magical soothsaying potion that cured my depression and anxiety the last time around :rotfxko Need to remind myself that the last time I drunk I was ill everywhere and could not get of bed or eat. That's how "good" it made me feel.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I can't believe it but no AV, NONE, has been coming around for at least five days....

I hope this isn't a trick!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I've never heard voices in my head.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

"Just 2 beers"

(But that would turn into 4 another time then 6 and so on till I'm back in hell)
Old 07-21-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

My AV said, "Aren't you bored yet? I'm bored! You've lost your edge. I think you're overdue for some hell raising!"

"BORING is better than INFAMOUS!!! Keep moving forward. Learning and growing. You're worth it!"
Old 07-21-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

It's a science experiment...

...Mine told me that it's a science experiment. I had stomach pain last night, and I wondered, "I wonder if this is a detox symptom. I wonder if a glass of wine will end it. I'll try some gas-x first."

Later, stomach still hurt some. Tried the wine. Low and behold, it hurt less though it still hurt some.

Then internal thinking responds to this with: "Maybe quitting will be too hard. Maybe you should still drink, just less. It's no really that big of a problem...."

I'm awake early this morning not feeling all tired and burned out from drinking too much and staying up too late. But, my stomach still hurts.

Science experiment voice says: "Maybe those alcoholics who drink in the morning do it to feel better when they feel crappy. Wonder if that would work for me, too."

My response is: I don't even feel crappy -- I feel pretty good, other than a stomach ache, which isn't too bad -- you are lying. There is no way in hell I'm drinking before I even start my day. And, bring on the stomach ache! It will go away, and so will this addictive thinking; in time....

<great thread, thank you!>
Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Tonight is the first thought of alcohol I've had in almost a week.

I am in the midst of a painting job, but that clever addiction let me think: "Look, you're painting and drinking isn't even occuring to you, Wow!"

(of course that WAS an alcohol thought)

& now that I've taken a break tonight (because I am sore) it just said, "Now that it is evening, what a perfect time to lay back, have a cocktail and admire your work. You deserve it and it will relax your back."

Ah.... WHAT a clever girl you are, AV. By staying away from me for a week, you thougbt you could just sidle up next to me like a cozy neighbor and I'd sit right down on the porch with you and drink, didn't you?

Not a chance, darlin. I don't need you to relax. I don't need you to be able to admire my work. In fact, I don't need you, at all. You don't deserve me... Ta~ta...
Old 07-21-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I love this thread! I took an AP Biology test (for teachers) today, and mine said "you deserve it after all that trouble." Not going to listen though.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Mine likes to remind me of all the great beers I'll miss out on. Which does kinda suck. Maybe one day they'll invent a NA beer that doesn't taste like hot garbage LOL
Old 07-24-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Tonight it did pop in my head that "my shoulder pain will sure relax after my 11 hr workday if I drink. It always worked before..."

Screw you addictive voice. Only a snake would exploit my pain!!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Mine told me that I would be better off if I drank tonight so that I am not detoxing at work tomorrow.

I have been drinking for the past weeks and I am wondering if there is any truth to that..I am self employed so I need to grab the work as it comes. I would have all weekend to detox after the job is done..
Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Mine said that it was cool to have a drink. And life would be more fun. And i could be more relaxed. And my body shuddered.

Then i got on my bike and biked for an hour. (funny enough, i biked by a bar, with a guy unloading kegs of beer.) and man did i want a drink.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

None, when it showed up it kicked it's a$$.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

"Buy me and eat me" - That's what the dirty little donuts at the store said to me. My eating-bad-food addiction voice probably said that though - That's the next voice I'm kicking to the curb. I didn't buy them by the way haha.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

"You need me. If you don't drink then your back pain will worsen... You'll hurt yourself."

Oh puleeese, how dare you, addiction. NONE of us need you for ANYTHING!!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

"Ooooh, you've been working hard at chores all day. Time to mix a drink now and sit out on the deck. It will be so refreshing and you deserve it."

I deserve alcoholism? Um, that would be a no. You must be really threatened now, by the looks of the desperate measures you're using. Just give up already, AV.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Your life was better when you were drinking--you were fun, more active...times were better.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

You've been sober long enough, and you cannot deal with the emotional pain your experiencing right now. Sobriety isn't always better.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

It said: "You cant go in that liquor store and buy that champagne gift you are giving, because you are such a sick addict you can't handle it. You can't even do normal things like that anymore."

"Baloney. I went in and bought it and I am giving it tomorrow as a surprise gift and theyll love it. AND I DIDNT BAT AN EYE, AV. Now stop wasting your breath, addiction. You are SO dead to me now."