Notices

What phony line did your Addiction try to feed you today?

Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

My addition told me no phony lines today.... He told me it was real... All to real...

Still I said no.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Tonight my addiction is saying : "Just think how much more fun itd be tomorrow if you drank!! You'd have more fun, and you'd be more fun for others. Everyone is going to feel uncomfortable having the non drinker around. What a joykill that is. People will stop inviting you to things..."

Bogus, bogus, bogus. Low blows too, addiction. Now you are just being plain ole mean.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

You're just back from the supermarket with a healthy weekly shop and zero alcohol. You should reward yourself by popping back out to the local shop and getting some wine.

Oh please.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

"Remember me? We used to have such a fun times together, didn't we?"

No, you were a toxic relationship, and we are over. I'm done speaking to you.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Right now mine is saying, just one before you get home!! And I'm trying to fight it off, but having a hard time!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hunter101 View Post
Right now mine is saying, just one before you get home!! And I'm trying to fight it off, but having a hard time!!!
Stay strong Hunter. Remember it wil say anything to get you to drink.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

12 days in and this is what i keep hearing...

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
"Maybe in a couple of years." Yeah, right.
Stupid BRAIN!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

"You know you can just have one or two. You never drunk like all those real alcoholics who can't stop at a couple. What's the harm, you can just have a few a couple of times a week at the most".

My reply... I'm even switching from one or two to "a few" in a couple of sentences. And more than a drink really does not agree with me. If I do what my addictive voice wants I'll be back on here in a month talking about how lousy I've just felt. Back to thinking about my euphoric recall... as last time I relapsed I couldn't remember getting home.

I love this thread, thanks.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Today and tonight: "You go on that cruise in August with five other people and you are the only one not drinking. Why even go? What's the point? You will be miserable and lonely the whole time while everyone else is having a blast!"

Wow. So much wrong in that one. So many fallacies, where to start? I mean why live at all if I will just make everyone including myself miserable? LOL Why not give my cruise ticket to an alcoholic who is still drinking because they deserve it more. LOLOL!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

"You didn't really TRY to control it before. You totally can control it now".

My response: "normal" drinkers do not have to try to control their drinking.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

You had a really tough week at work and managed it all well. It's Friday, you really deserve that bottle of wine......

NO CHANCE!!!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

(Thanks, IFH. )

Today my addiction said: "If you tell this man you know, that you don't drink, he will lose interest in you."

Well my addiction doesn't know much. Because I got brave and told him I don't drink, and he did NOT lose interest. My addiction is just jealous. If my addiction can't have me then it doesnT want anyone to get close to me... Goodbye, addiction. No one wants you here.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

After my husband and daughter left me alone so that they could go to the movies..."if I had alcohol hidden here, I'd drink it". Next thought..."why don't I have any alcohol hidden here?". Ummmm.....I'm an alcoholic. Plus I could never hide alcohol any more. Too much self-control to wait and hide it. I would need to drink it all immediately. After 30 seconds of contemplation, I discarded the thought and kinda laughed at myself.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm on day 7 and read another's poster of celebrating 30 days, and I was so happy and started thinking about me making it 30 days and then, I started having major anxiety to think that I could be sober 30 days. I guess because it's been awhile since I've been sober 30 days just warped thinking.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Mine told me I shouldn't be drastic and quit..I don't drink everyday and its only beer.
It also said its Fri night you could be having fun at the bar taking to people but instead you're
home alone..being a bore

Well I may not drink everyday but I sure make up for it when I do. I went to a meeting and saw lots of people who weren't at the bar. Plus I've spent countless fridays at bars and they will still be there if I want to go again
Old 07-06-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

thought about going to Napa Valley yesterday and how was I ever going to be able to travel, and go there and not drink. Then I thought, WTF, since when do you travel to Napa?! I live in Texas.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Mine didn't tell me to drink, but it did try to tell me I'm an idiot for reading something in front of a group of people at a meeting and stumbling over words.

I responded that everyone's human so why shouldn't I be allowed to be human too?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

My voice said if you post a taper down log online it might help??? Then again maybe not
Old 07-07-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Eds

Don't waste

You should just finish up what's in the house...what are you going to do, throw it away? You paid good money for it. Unfortunately succumbed to this one last night.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

"today isn't your first day sober, you took your last drink at 3am this morning, so might as well go buy a bottle and finish it before midnight.''