Notices

HUGE Relapse

Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

First and foremost I am a businessman. To a lesser extent, a deoderant contessouir. I have started many successful ventures and have not urninted on myself in more than 2 months. I love the outdoors and enjoy taking walks and playing hide and go seek.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Come back when you're not drunk & serious about being sober.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

the outdoors are great, i hear Chicago has some pretty good weather lately,, hey i've been drinkin for over forty years, i know it's tough, no, it's extreemly tough, i wouldn't want to lecture ya at this point, i hope you can pull it together..
Old 03-19-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Purplecatlover View Post
Come back when you're not drunk & serious about being sober.
yanno, I have to disagree with that.... drunk to the gills and I'd welcome you to any of my AA meetings so I'm sure as hell not gonna tell someone to not post when they're drinking.

Post all you want legalage.....let's see what ya got!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is for recovery...if you want help stopping you'll find an immense amount of support here.

We have a code of conduct here that we expect everyone to follow.

To avoid things devolving into arguments and abuse any further, unless you want to speak seriously about your situation, maybe it's best you go take a nap and come back later LA?

D
Old 03-19-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

evaluate how things are going right now

You seem intelligent, and came to this site for a reason. I would suggest that you have ideas that your drinking is causing problems, thus your presence here. You are young enough to salvage your life, I speak from experience that if you cant pull the reins in on your drinking, you can and probably will lose everything important to you, possibly even your life. The good people here are trying to help, since you reached out for help...please accept that help, there is alot of experience here...most that you wouldn't want to go through yourself....just a thought.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day trader, you are right. Legal age needs to be here.
I let my feelings get in the way of my judgement.
Sorry to offend.
It just breaks my heart to see people suffer & fight making the right choices.
Legal age I wish you the best. I hope you can find the strength you need to recover.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I don't know what you really want all of us to say. You're telling us what's going on with you and we, through our own experiences and pain, are trying to help you by being honest. If you want someone to sugarcoat what is going on with you and tell you that what you're doing is okay, you're not going to get that here. There are no magic words or "fixes" we can give you for what you're going through - there is only action ... on YOUR part. If you decide to take action and get serious about sobriety, you could not have come to a better place. If you want permission to drink, well, good luck with that.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by legalage View Post
anyone been through medical detox? how long does it last. im not a huge fan of having my body pumped full of drugs
Yeah...I went through it....Didn't pump me full of anything...Fluids maybe..They gave me pills for anxiety and withdrawal...And something to make me sleep....Which is all I wanted to do...5 days for me....It was pretty painless really. Have you ever read any threads on here where people try to do that on their own?...I can't even look at them...Going through all that misery for nothing. Taking a chance of dying while doing it...Alcoholics are stubborn people...I know...I am one. But I was smart enough not to put myself through that...They taper you off the pills and after a week I'm starting to feel my brain working...I can actually think. I took a look at what I had been doing to myself and started working on finding a way not to that again. I couldn't do that when I was drinking...I seriously doubt if you can either. You're going to have some choices you need to make in the near future...If I could give you any advice at all...I'd suggest you make the right ones. Good luck to you...Whether you post here or not..
Old 03-19-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

all I can say is that I hope legalage is Ok and nothing bad has happened and that god steps in to help him some.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!! Im glad you didnt get lost for too long. Your very strong, keep it up!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

I started another thread for you Dan and moved some posts...
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ally-knew.html

D
Old 03-19-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Im having a major blonde moment. Didnt LA say he just came back to recovery, or is he drinking?
@LA, I did a medical detox (I just finished the medication yesterday) it was great. It took away the sweats and the shakes. No medicine will work unless you want to get sober though.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Im so confused, lol. Dee did you move my post or did i write in the wrong thread?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Do I half to stay in the hospital
For ,Ed detox
Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

it would depend on how you're assessed LA...noone can really answer that here.

D
Old 03-19-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I don't know how long they'll keep you in the hospital...2 or 3 days probably...I detoxed in my 30 day rehab.....Do have your own doctor you can talk to?...Get honest with him about what you're doing.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Dost sound too bad
Old 03-20-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Legalage - don't worry about whether or not you have to stay in hospital - if you do, it might just be the best thing for you at the time. Please try your very best to take care of yourself. I don't know you, but I am worried and care that you get better.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by legalage View Post
Dost sound too bad
It's not too bad...If you stop and think about what your life is worth to you...It's really not much at all...