Notices

I never really knew...

Old 03-19-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I never really knew...

How bad alcohol can be for us, I mean we allways heard, oh that will rot your liver or give you chirossis, and all the other bad things, but for me it was like yea, yea, everyone else is doing it, they haven't had a problem. Then eventually when you get older you probably start hearing more and more about people your current age that are dying from it. Anyways, i have a (possibly crazy) idea.

Since that video link that Dominica posted had such an effect on me, especially since i was unaware that it gets so bad with the liver not recovering and all. what if we made a list of videos like that, then people can really learn the hard cold truth, there's probably tons of videos out there, and even some that are based on figuring out if you even really have a problem. i'd be glad to watch and keep track of any videos we all would like to post, I guess as long as it's not againt the SR site rules that is..

Sorry, I meant to start a new thread, but i guess this is good a place as any to ask a question
Old 03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How many videos do you have to watch Dan?...To put an end to what you're doing?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee, Is there a way to move my post to a separate thread? or if it's against the rules, remove it?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just start another one Dan...
Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Zee

OCD I watched Dominicas video, its good to keep it up the top of the post list. (I don't think legalage will mind, might watch it himself, ya never know!)
Old 03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Done - I trashed a few 'pls move my post' passing comment posts to save confusion

I never watch that kind of thing ...upsets me too much.
Different strokes I guess.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 03-19-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't know. I've watched the videos and yes, they are very eye-opening, but I think that a lot of people just don't think that will happen to them. Alcoholism is so misunderstood by so many people, even some alcoholics! My father died from cirrhosis of the liver but he never felt like he had a drinking problem.

Sometimes I think it's natural for people to think that all that bad stuff happens to the other guy, not to me. Well, that guy didn't take care of himself, or that guy drank way more than I do, or that guy is homeless, or that guy's wife left him, or that guy....
Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I never watch that kind of thing ...upsets me too much.
Different strokes I guess.
I'm with you on that...If I want to see how bad it can get....I just have to look at my past.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Right about the sametime as I started this mess of a thread in the middle of legaleage's thread by mistake another one was started along the same lines. hopefully I'm not making matters worse, but let's end this thread by forwarding to this one that already has two video's posted

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...lcoholism.html