Notices

After 2 bottles a day..Im back

Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I am happy you are on your second day sober, its my second day too
Do yourself a big favor and dont go to that party, anyone that will be there and cares about you wouldnt want you to attend, as for the ones that dont care to hell with them, you dont need to see them anyway.
I wish you the best, be strong and stay on track for a better life. A better life which will allow you to find the soul mate you been seeking.
Booze sucks anyway .
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
DayTrader

I needed a way to live life free of booze and drugs and it had to be a style that made me happy.

Exactly... Are you happy now in your life?

If I wasn't happy, I'd be drinking.

Posting on a recovery message board, hoping to help ppl I'll likely never meet.....and ppl who, more often than not, only want the help they think they need, wouldn't be my idea of fun if I wasn't totally convinced that the lifestyle I found in AA is absolutely attainable for everyone here. Anyone who's willing to work the 12 steps as they were intended to be worked can have for themselves the same freedom from booze, the same happy life, the same revolutionary change in thinking that I've had and that literally millions of others have had. The truth is, it's so damn good I'd feel like a thief if I wasn't sharing it......so that's why I'm here.

Sure, lots of ppl will say they're not gonna do it.....that AA's not for them. I said the same for as long as I could hold out........too proud or too stubborn to give it a shot. Too full of my own CRAP to realize I'm an alcoholic.

Anyway..... i know you've said you've got some more drinking to do. Maybe that'll make you happy, but I doubt it. When you get serious about getting sober and getting happy, I'm here to help.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

How can I find out who I really am as a person?
There's many ways to do that - for me I found a little bit of counselling and alot of service work helping others helped me see who I was.

Other people use AA and the 12 steps, others meditate, others turn to religion or spirituality...

I think because each of us are individuals there's an element of individuality in everyone's search for who they are.

I think it's much easier with a few sober weeks or months behind you HF - my head really cleared.

D
Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

just don't get booze home.
one last thought from me too - you obviously see a difference between drinking when out and drinking at home?

I started as a bar drinker - then when I embarrassed myself too much too often I switched...

I began to drink at home - same embarrassments, but only I saw them.

My problem wasn't where I drank HF...it was that I drank at all.

D
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

boing5050

Hows your day 3?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Dee74

If I get through couple weeks or 30 days I will feel the way I haven't felt for years!!!

Its my 3rd day. I feel similar to yesterday. Hot flashes at night . Nightmares are a little nicer now.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Healthyfood,

Last night was night 2 and it was hard, i did spend a good evening, diner, movies and such. But when came time to sleep the zzz zzz would not cooperate, sweating and itching like krazy kept me up. Bad thoughts also didnt help. so overall i probably slept a couple of hours after i got completely exhausted. Woke up today a bit hangover/dizzy and with a nasty headache. So overall i could say not that good but i tell you what, i feel very happy and serene within despite the unplesant moments. Actually i feel great and i look forward to beating this, day 3 is going well so far (keep in mind i am a night drinker and dont usually crave till about 5 pm) i look forward to this evening and to the day all the pains are gone. The future is and will be bright.

Be strong and will your way out of this stupid addiction, we deserve so much better.

Hugs and prayers
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

boing5050

I had hot flashes last night. Got very cold and then hot. I used to watch the clock until 6.pm or later to pour my 1st glass. Im not sure how I feel today. Better I guess, evenings are a little boring if I just sit on the chair.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

It will get better as long as you hang in there.
I dont know much about your circumstances but i can say that just sitting there will not help especially if you are alone. I hope you are not as that would make things much harder (i been there and know how it feels)...you need to keep busy, be it physically or mentally.
You need to do things you do or would enjoy, new things, that will keep your mind away from the Kravies. Once six o clock comes on or a little before you need to be engaged in some of the activities above mentioned, which is for you to decide. If you need anything please feel free to ask here or pm if you like. Stay strong, we are all in this together and we will beat it
Old 01-04-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

boing5050

I live on my own. Not very excited about that. So that is why I want to be in control, otherwise no guy will look at me, always drunk. I just did washing up. Kind of lonely I feel today.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well what counts is that you are still sober. If you have non-drinking friends maybe get together at your place or theirs, plan a meal and make it together, have a good time, talk, then go out to a movie or a walk or whatever makes you happy. You need to get out , mingle and do differrent stuff other than drinking so you can take your mind off the bottle and engage it in fun stuff. It seems to me you are a bit down on your self so changing pace is a most for you, the fact we are not drinking makes us more depressed than ususal,,,,that has been my experience, when i drink i feel top of the world but when morning comes up i feel like crap,,hence why we go back to what makes us feel good (which is bad in this example as we are talking about booze)....You need to break the patterns and find change, push yourself and be strong, theres so many good things that awaits us in the sober world. The adjustements we must make toward it will not be easy and will take time but the only way we can get there is by trying and moving forward,,,i know you can do it so stay strong and you will make progress toward a constructive and happy life, only good things can happen if you try . Keep up the good fight.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

boing5050

You seem happy at this moment. That is perfect. Honestly I do not want to drink at all.
I was in the shop today looking for some snacks, saw alco shelf and did not even think about going there. My problem is Im bored. I don't have that many friends as I moved to new area. Friends that I have do not have problem with alco. They drink for one night and then stop for couple weeks. They are in control.
I am bored but for some reason the evening goes very quickly. If it was warm outside I would go for a long refreshing walk and listen for music. Its too cold outside.

What are you doing today?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Today I feel worse than yesterday. Some friends told me they are having some drinks tonight, they are going out.
MAKES ME SO SAD. I don't know why.

I would feel very happy if the whole nation was quitting!!! Not just me!

I physically don't want to have a glass in my hand, I just feel sad and bored. I do stuff all the time, but can't picture myself how am I going to be sober all the time?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said in the post I cut and pasted, not drinking was just the first part for me - the other part was building a sober life I was happy to live - & that takes a little time and effort HF

do you have any friends who don't drink?

D
Old 01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Dee74

I like the way you said. 1st part is no drinking, 2nd build my sober life. Today I for some reason especially this evening when my friends are out, I feel good.

I might relapse once with friends, but after that I know I will stick to my 30 day plan.
For a surprise my evenings go as quick as before. Without a drink.
I have bought a water filter jug, keeps me busy pouring a lot of water.

All my friends are those who drink socially, not alcoholics. I have noticed actually some of them have drinks every day at home with the partner. So potential way to the darkness.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Healthyfood, please dont drink today...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

hi hf! I really hope you make it way beyond 30 days. I'm on day 5. Dee and Daytrader's posts here are introspective and they give me even more hope. thanks.

Last edited by newleaves2012; 01-05-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling