Notices

After 2 bottles a day..Im back

Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

unentschieden

I used to wait till 6pm to have my first drink. Today goes forever. Have no energy or interest to do anything.
My ex bf is like that too, he can drink and then stop for several weeks. Sometimes I think my relationship has been ruined because of my addiction.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ACT10Npack

I know that first day and night are worst than hangover. I might be reading until I will be falling asleep. Even till 1 am if necessary.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Healthyfood - Please don't get discouraged. Give yourself chance to heal and recover. It takes awhile, but it's worth it. No more being in a fog or putting yourself in danger.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hevyn

I know its worth it. Not sure how to get there. At the moment I don't think about the drink, just feeling very scared and panicky.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What you're feeling is absolutely normal. Be kind & patient with yourself. We promise, things will get better - you will rejoin the human race soon. Be proud that you're sticking with it.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hevyn

The longest I have done before was 6 days. I know a little what to expect. First night is the worst. But you never know it might be different this time.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Healthyfood,
It sounds like you are doing the same things you did before that didn't work then either. I had to do an in hospital detox because I could not even go one morning without. That's right I started the day with scotch in my coffee to stop the shakes. Took two hands to get that first cup. Once detoxed I joined here, found a nice AA home group, used my two Docs, counseling, and the support of my family and friends who I told about quitting before I went into detox. Went through a lot of anxiety and lack of sleep. But it settled down a lot after 30 days, and at six months was really a gigantic improvement.

I was a basket case when I decided to quit. It took all of the above for my recovery plan because I had had enough! I am still sober and doing great. Like Dee said, if I can do it you can too.

What are you going to do differently for your recovery plan this time to make it the last like mine?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any ideas how to have a good night sleep on day1? Im scared of bad dreams.
To be honest I never had a good nights sleep on day 1....I had horrible dreams too.

But I got through them, and through the first few days, and eventually I got back to normal sleep - you will too

Here are some good common sense tips tho HF - hopefully some of them will help -
Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

but please see your Dr if you're really panicking about this, ok?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Itchy

I think this time I have new thoughts. Being drunk Im not gonna be able to find my true partner and start my family. My only way is to stay sober. Since I was drunk all 2011 I know I have consumed the max amount available for me.

I know I will relapse for 1 day this week because of a big party coming up. But then after that I will be back on track.

I really want my parents also see me sober and happy.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dee74

Thank you for link.

I just refuse to go to bed tonight, cause Im scared. Just watched weather forecast and its heavy rain all night. I have roof windows in my bedroom, it will be noisy. I will explore your link.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Healthy,

I was a two bottles of wine a night drinker too, almost every night as well, so I know how difficult it is to give that up. I'm also trying for a 30 day stretch too so we are very similar in that regard. I am only on Day 2 and finding it difficult enough so far. As you said, the boredom and wondering what to do with all the free time that used to be spent drinking is the hardest.

I just wanted to tell you, I used to have terrible nightmares too and I found a couple of things helped. One was taking a vitamin B supplement - one with all the B vitamins. Also, before bed each night I would spend 15/20 minutes just writing, stream of consciousness stuff, little stories, random thoughts etc... I don't know which of these helped but they did make the nightmares drastically decrease.

I really hope that you manage to sleep and I wish you all the best with your goal. I will be checking in on you, best of luck!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

More power to you.

Healthyfood,that is a great way of approaching lifelong sobriety i think. i too drank almost everyday last year. i got on the wagon just 1 day ago 1/1/12 and it is definately scary to think about quiting forever...your strategy is awesome if thats what works for you...good luck
Old 01-02-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Bombshell

I will try reading before bed. I will take vitamins in the morning. Just had tea, hopefully it will calm me down. If I get to day 30, there will be no turning back.

Good luck you too. Keep posting!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Kingman063

So are you joining us to quit just for 30 days? Be strong!!! Its actually doable step by step. During the day bad thought creep in, during evening the only thought is that Im not drinking, because I cant anymore.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I have no confidence today. Not sure what to think. Just bored.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Healthy, have you considered that maybe "not drinking" isn't the solution?

Is it possible that your problem is alcoholISM rather than drinking?

--Rhetorical questions.....no need to answer them here. Just something to think about...something I had to think about myself and it helped me to see what I was really up against.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

DayTrader

Not drinking is a must have otherwise I will not get married ever. Im getting older... so after a year of drinking Im here change this bad habit.

Im struggling with myself being bored. I could sit and do nothing for hours.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
DayTrader

Not drinking is a must have otherwise I will not get married ever. Im getting older... so after a year of drinking Im here change this bad habit.

Im struggling with myself being bored. I could sit and do nothing for hours.
Awww, that's cute. Not what I meant though. lol. (and really, getting married didn't solve any of my problems either....but that's for another thread - lol).

I didn't mean that you should keep drinking... What I was referring to was that, for some of us, it SEEMS like drinking is the problem. It sure causes/creates a lot of problems....right? Seems logical that not not drinking would put an end to the anxiety, boredom, fear, depression, etc. For some drinkers though, the problem is alcoholism.....and for these folks, "not drinking" doesn't do too much. Not drinking treats a drinking problem but it does not treat alcoholism well enough. It's part of the treatment, a necessary part, but a small part.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

DayTrader

I hope I don't have alcoholism problem. Just lack of respect and discipline to myself.
At the moment Im so bored, but I have done more these 2 days than last week. I just decide that its time to wash up stuff, so I get up and go.

Not sure when I will enjoy my life..? And the reason I want to get married is because I want to have a family, but drinking like this will scare anyone away.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I hope you don't either.... but, as I've said before, even if you do it's really a blessing in disguise because it'll force you to go through some doors that you wouldn't have gone through otherwise and, once you hit recovery and a recovered state........you'll be darn glad you have alcoholism.

Whether you do or don't though, it's reeeeeeeally advisable that you find out: whether you have the power/choice to keep yourself sober, the power/choice to make yourself happy, and the ability to live a happy sober life for good.....permanently....forever and to find out if you need help and/or additional power.