Notices

Class of October 2011

Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Morning Oct class

May i jump aboard please.
Been here on and off since Sept 2010 and stringing days together here and there, i am in the June 2011 class as they are a super bunch of class mate and never judge you on missing a lesson (as in days) Oct the 3rd was the start of my change in life and feel the support from people starting out with push me on and us all on. Steve 88 glad to see you back and you know after you string them 3 days together to start to feel better, Friday is your weak day so be strong bud. Day 5 here and massive hurdle to get over this weekend as always fail on weekends, so here i am. Good luck to all

Paddyb
Old 10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stevie

alcohols about the worse thing you could put on a bad stomach - I know it seems like it's helping but it's really not.

Please see another Dr - one who will give you better treatment and advice than 'just cut back'

Alaska and Paddy - I'm sorry to hear of your continued struggles. You know what I think - I think you need to look at what else you can add to what you've been doing.

I think we get to a point we have to go further on what we're prepared to do for our recovery or we risk losing everything we hold dear. I'd really hate to see that happen to either of you guys...

D
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi all, Day 5 begins, sleep was a bit hit and miss but even waking at 4 am tossing and turning was a million times better than doing the same thing after a couple bottles of red wine, at least my thoughts where better and not morose and deathly , in fact I felt quite good lying there sober and awake Going to order the RR book today, because I think I need to research it a bit more as I am having av thoughts all day even though I know none of them are true. Going to be my first weekend in a long while without alcohol , wish all you guys/gals the best for the weekend.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Whoopie 12 days today, almost 2 whole weeks, I can't believe it. Ive almost weaknd a couple of times but even though he's not said any thing hubby is supporting me, bought 3 bottles of posh squash and is not offering me a drink. I watched him drink himself into a stupor and fall asleep at 6.30 yesterday evening so i went to bed. OK it was 6.30 but right now I could sleep the clock round, I spend my day off doing some hard work in my veggie patch and was totally knackered. also went for my 1st CBT session, not sure how it will pan out but has got to be a positive move. Good luck to everyone embarking on this journey, I'm so glad that I've found this site
Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Iwantmeback,

So proud of you! Having wine in the house and not drinking it. That is a huge accomplishment. Yes, I am on day 12 and eating a lot. I find it makes me feel better - I am hypoglycemic. You are probably trying to fill a void too. My philosophy is that I probably consumed more calories when drinking than my overeating now. Also, I am no doubt getting nutrients; whereas, alcohol destorys essential nutrients. So, I try to put a positive spin on the eating a lot
Old 10-07-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ventura47 View Post
I also love October, The fall, Indian Summer with the Santa Ana winds, My birthday and a new start. My sober date is September 24th but October is my sober month and my month for growth.
my sober date is 24th September too
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Just hoppin on before work. Day 1 again. I gave in last night when I just couldnt deal with how bad my stomach hurt. Sharpest pains I've felt in a long time. I am going to the dr today so hopefully I can get something to help. hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
I love this place.

Day 5. Determined. Funny, I was in the Oct 2010 class when I started here at SR. What a yr! On way to meeting but will fill y'all in later today/tonight. Mama Mia. Anywho.... Feeling great! Getting a lot accomplished. Praying for each of you today.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

We are all in this together. I am sorry for you all in physical pain, especially Boozefree? Hope the doctor can help you. To be in such stomach pain that you actually drink over it must mean the pain is immense because drinking alcohol is a stomach irritant in itself. :-( I hope you can be honest with your GP about your drinking? That way maybe he or she can prescribe the best thing.

I am on day 9 and I can't lie, last night I felt so stressed out that I automatically went to the "relief - weekend coming - that means wine" place in my head.

I am going to be thinking of all you, Little Sparrow you can do it, the trip will be so great sober! I am hoping we all pull it together this weekend and remember our desire for a new page, a fresh start, new life...has to start somewhere right! Why not October 2011!!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Still here, still trying.I've been part of many other months since last April. I hope I get there this time! Day 4 for me and hoping I stay strong.
Denial has been a big part of this process so far. I think that I feel more acceptance now and look forward to being more and more free from obsessing about drinking. I actually want to keep my posts short until I get to trust myself being sober. Whenever I fall back to alcohol I feel like such a hypocrite for all the positive stuff I've posted before. Its like the drinking part of me laughs and sneers at my previous attempts. Alcoholic thinking can be so destructive!
All the best for a happy, sober weekend.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tanja View Post
I have gotten so much from reading these posts and realizing that I am not alone. I am so encouraged and so proud of everyone

Me too. It is encourage to know you are all out there fighting the fight with me.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Just hoppin on before work. Day 1 again. I gave in last night when I just couldnt deal with how bad my stomach hurt. Sharpest pains I've felt in a long time. I am going to the dr today so hopefully I can get something to help. hope everyone has a good day!
I have also been having mad stomach pains,they only go away when i have a beer....Im hoping that tomorow will be day 1 for me again as i had to have a couple today to take the pain away....I know i sound like a broken record but i do really want to quit....I was only gonna have 8 yesterday but ended up having 11....So far today i have only had 6....Just being honest as always..Thanks guys....
Old 10-07-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Antabuse, Scary, Strange (long story, sorry)

I have been taking antabuse on and off for about 3 years now. It has really helped me be sober when I absolutly had to be. However, I belive it has been a crutch that I play with, choosing to take it or not to take it. I am finally at the point where when I stop taking it, I know how long it stays in my system. So I know when it is "safe" to drink again. Because drinking with antabuse in your system is dangerous and an absoluty HORRIBLE experience, I have always been very careful to wait for it to clear.
ANYWAY. I had been off it if for a few days when my prescription ran out. On Monday, I had a small drink and got a slight reaction, so I stopped. The next day I tried again to drink and the reaction was barley noticable. I still stopped pretty quickly. Day three and NO reaction, just got buzzed. Buzzed enough for my b/f to notice so I obviously drank too much, as is usually the case once I get started. :-(
So yesterday, I was feeling all the usual hangover/remorse and shame and the feeling of "dread" that comes when I drink. It always does, every single time. And I, as usual and customary prayed to God to help me through it, I prayed for his forgiveness. I asked him to help me feel happy again.
Later that day my b/f asked me to lunch. I thought for sure he wanted to talk about us and my drinking. I was shaking i was so scared, as usual. So what did i do with that fear? I bought a bottle on my way to the resteraunt, and drank about a shot's worth of rum right before going in. One shot. Well, within 10 minutes I got a severe antabuse reaction even though it had cleared my system two days before. Regardless, there I was reacting as if I had taken it. I realized what was happening so I went home, threw the bottle away, and slept all afternoon, feeling HORRIBLE when I woke up. Missed half a day of work. My b/f didnt ask why I was all red, which I thought was strange.
My take on this is that I had asked God for help and He gave it to me. Not in the way I wanted, but in a way that sent me a clear message. I have NO desire to drink and feel that again.
Maybe it was a funny delayed reaction from the remainder in my system, I dont know. I think it was God. Today I don't dare even think about drinking. And my b/f has aksed me to lunch again and I know its only because he wants to see me. He loves me. I am so greatful he has stuck by me for the past 5 years. I really have put him through a lot. I know I cant quit for him, I have to quit for me, but getting sober to make his life easier is a definate motivator.
I want more than anything to stay in this Class of October 2011 with all of you.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

At least you guys get antabuse,all i get when i go to my docs is cut down,I have seen 2 docs and they both say the same thing....Looks like i gotta do it by myself....
Old 10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really encourage you to find a Dr who knows about alcohol addiction Stevie.

Maybe give some of these links a try if you haven't before (down the bottom of the first post)
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

Alcohol was my only solution for a long time, it made a hard thing even tougher, Stevie.

D
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations tiggy and tanja on day 12
it's great to see everyone still here and still trying - good to see you Marria, Honeypie and Gr8ful

I'm sorry for your reaction Alaska but I'm glad it's strengthend your resolve.
Glad you're seeing the Dr BF.

have a great sober weekend everyone
Old 10-07-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Tgif

Just had a great lunch with my b/f, he was in a good mood and I wasn't hungover. Right there at the table I took an antabuse and said, well, we know I'll be sober this weekend!!
Good luck to you all, I know, the weekend can be the hardest.
Stevie, have you asked your docotor for antabuse? I had to practically beg mine for it. It hasn't gotten me to totally stop drinking, but it is just one tool, in addition to AA, therapy and church. (I know, I shouldn't sound preachy with only 1 day sober, like I know so much)....
Anyway, I know I am safe at the moment.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Just Checking In

Long day on no sleep but promised myself that I would check in every night.. Finally home from work.. Not drinking going to make dinner and enjoy my successful week sober not numb all of my accomplishments out of my head. Ill will try to read up after dinner.. Hope everyone has a great weekend..
Old 10-07-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy Friday all!
No wine with my pizza tonight *****. I realized that my weight gain probably means that I'm no longer dehydrated! Oh well, I'll start a healthy diet on Monday since I know I will be tempted with apple pies and cider donuts this weekend! mmm

Stay strong everyone! You are my rock. ;-) Can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you being here and sharing your experiences. Reading your posts are so helpful.

Good night!
xo
Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
I love this place.

Evenin' everyone. Checking in to see how everyone is doing.

I gained weight too Iwant. I think from on/off alcohol and not being very physical since accident..I went from 115 to 141! (I am 5 5 1/2) Heaviest I have ever been in my life! My bf said 'hon, your gettin' a lil thick'. I was shocked, hadn't been noticing, till I weighed. Then....I said, 'that was mean'...he said 'honey I wasn't trying to be mean, you look really healthy to me"...Ughhhh. He doesn't get it. I just laughed and said 'well your SHORT!" I am going to try to start I feel completely healed so we will see how that goes.

So happy you had a good day Alaska and Ed!

Hugs to you all, (still learning this yrs Oct class) those who made it another day and those still struggling.