Notices

Class of October 2011

Old 10-19-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  
Stronger Together

yeah... all that! I'm right here with you for the ride. So nice to know we are never alone. We are gonna make it
Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

end of day 4

Feel pretty good today, but it is Midweek and I have always found it easier to cope if I decide to miss a couple of days drinking then because I knew I could get on the sauce very soon. Thurs Or Friday The thoughts as per normal will really start again, but hey ho I think I am beginning to notice certain repeat thought's am ready and waiting for them . But off to NYC tomorrow morning for nearly a week, so wishing you all the best in you sober path.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 523 (permalink)  
Stronger Together

Darkdays, Enjoy sipping those sodas and laughing with your Family in NYC! Hope you can check-in some
Old 10-19-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 524 (permalink)  
Stronger Together

Thank You Honey Pie, Happy to be hanging with you
Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 525 (permalink)  
Stronger Together

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine View Post
Time seems to fly right now, I'll have 2 weeks tomorow! I have spent a lot of time here reading your posts, it has been helpful. You are all so brutally honest about what you have been through. More honest and open, you all share more details than i ever hear in an AA meeting. And for some reason, listening to you helps me stay sober!!!
I just wanted to check in and congratulate you all and let you know I am still sober and working hard at it!!!!
And you are very much a part of the magic
Old 10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 526 (permalink)  

I can drink again???

I just returned from my weekly therapy appointment. She actually came out and said that if I overcome my "issues", the things that make me drink, I wont want to drink again. She said I would be able to drink "normally" once I dont need to drink as a coping mechanism. I will be free to take it or leave it.
What are all of your thoughts? Please help cause I figured I would never be able to drink again. Ever. Period.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 527 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Pete

With all due respect to your therapist, does she know your whole story and all your history Alaska?

I had a lot of underlying issues that started me drinking too, but I also became an alcoholic - I've worked on the underlying issues now, but I don't believe there's anyway for me to return to being a normal drinker, even if I wanted to.

I've stopped before and gone back - no change.

I'm still an alcoholic - I just don't drink.

I'd seriously consider another counsellor - I bet there's a part of you thats obsessing over what she said?

D
Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys - we move to the Daily Support Forum now because we've cracked 500 posts.

We continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-2-a.html

thanks
D